TKDchamp's Introduction - pic heavy by TKDchamp
Started on: 04-26-2010 01:28 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: FieroRumor on 05-01-2010 01:46 PM
TKDchamp

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKDchampSend a Private Message to TKDchampDirect Link to This Post
I joined awhile back and posted a quick hello. It seems I'm here alot these days, so I wanted to do alittle better into. So here goes... I live on the coast of NC. I've had a ton of Fieros since I was a senior in high school way back in 1990. My first was a black 1984 SE. My wife and I counted 17 or 18 since. My current is an 88GT. I got it after selling my C5. We own Elite Martial Arts Academy in Morehead City, NC. After winning two World Championships in Tae Kwon Do in the late 90's, we focused on building our martial art center to one of the largest in the state. The center is geared towards traditional TKD for ages 5 and up. On weekends, we train a MMA team . I mainly focus in stand up skills, while my wife who's a black belt in Judo helps out with ground skills. One of our guys just one the AFL national title. As far as car stuff goes, it's our hobby. Jen and I have built, restored, destroyed (lol) alot of projects. My wife, Jen was a Apache mechanic in the Army for 6 six years and is a pretty good welder and engine builder. We have 3 year old little boy who takes alot of our time, but he's great and is just starting to hang out in the garage. Our other hobby is Sci Fi conventions. Before laugh, let me just say they are actually kinda fun. Anyway, I'll post some pics of us and the stuff we do.

They should about about cover us. I'll post some of the Fiero and Lambo pics later, as they're on another computer.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Very beautiful family... love the dragster too..

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
TKDchamp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKDchampSend a Private Message to TKDchampDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

Very beautiful family... love the dragster too..

Thanks. Jen is building another engine for her dragster. It's a 468 BBC. The block is at the machine shop at the moment, but she already has a couple can of pink hi temp engine paint for it.
wmorse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wmorseSend a Private Message to wmorseDirect Link to This Post
What? No pictures of the Fiero?

Come on... this is a Fiero Forum.
White Spyder

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for White SpyderSend a Private Message to White SpyderDirect Link to This Post
Girls with Fieros' ????? She needs to be there!
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
Welcome
nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
Welcome and that has to be one of the best intros I have read. Well it is nice to someone who seems to have the resources to put into their Fiero and develop something interesting and new!
TKDchamp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKDchampSend a Private Message to TKDchampDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wmorse:

What? No pictures of the Fiero?

Come on... this is a Fiero Forum.

yeap. like the last line said, they are all on my other computer. When I get home, I'll add them.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
What powerplant/tranny is in that dragster? And what's that dial-in say? It's hard to make it out, but looks like it says 6.99? Is that 1/4 or 1/8 mile?
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

What powerplant/tranny is in that dragster? And what's that dial-in say? It's hard to make it out, but looks like it says 6.99? Is that 1/4 or 1/8 mile?

What dragster ?
PFF
System Bot
TKDchamp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKDchampSend a Private Message to TKDchampDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

The 619 on the tail is her number. She wanted 69, but decided against it, so she went with 69 with 1 in the middle. Sneaky like that. I think that was her 383/powerglide combo. It has a quick change rearend so she can run 1/4 and 1/8 with little effort. She normally races in the 8.90 class. So with her throttle and electronics she usually runs really close to that time. It is capable of running faster. The 468 BBC she is building at the moment will put her well into the 7's. So long story short she runs high 8's in the 1/4 mile and low to mid 5's in the 1/8 mile. Depending on her rearend gearing. Needless to say it is faster than my fiero and my old C5 LOL!
TKDchamp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKDchampSend a Private Message to TKDchampDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the delay on my fiero pics. I've had issues with me main computer, but it should be up and running Sunday.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing - looks like you have a happy life , work life, and family. You found the balance. Hafta go, my 3 year old is wacking me in the head w/ his lightsaber while I'm typin' this...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock