&#*%@!! curbed by Fiero_Adam
Started on: 04-25-2010 01:49 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: SMTHGT on 04-27-2010 02:21 AM
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
I hadn't driven my car for a few weeks and forgot how long the front end is. I'm use to driving my S10 which not only sits higher, but has a shorter front.
Pulled up to a curb a little too close and scraped my chin. I checked it out and noticed some scrapes to the front edge. No big deal, I can probably polish that out for the most part. Upon closer inspection, I realized that the paint had cracked in a few spots!
So, I either live with it, or repaint it. I think I'll leave it until something else happens.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bump

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpDirect Link to This Post
I'd live with it for now. You are pretty much the only one that knows its there. Re-paint it and you could do the same thing before you even get wax on the new paint! you never know!
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
NOOOOOOOO!! Not YOUR car! I cringed when I saw it was you. You have, by far, my favorite Fiero. Ever. I wish you the best of luck in your touch up.
Greg
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post
But if you don't fix the paint it will rust!! Its all about how much cosmetic details bother you. The fieros won't go away without paint like some cars.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
You need to take the S10 and a set of chains and teach that curb a lesson it will not soon forget.
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

You need to take the S10 and a set of chains and teach that curb a lesson it will not soon forget.

Agreed
Xeps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XepsSend a Private Message to XepsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

lol that was funny
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
Ha... my Fiero has more power than my pickup. It's got the 2.2L with auto.

The paint didn't chip off, it's just got hairline cracks in it now. Only noticeable if you're looking for it. Just makes me mad that I did something like that.
Rolling Thunder

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post
Bumpers are meant to be bumped. I'm sure that in the old days (30's and earlier), it wasn't a big deal to hit someone else's bumper with yours. There's worse things you can do to your bumpers. I, personally, slid backwards into a ditch and my bumper hit a concrete cylinder (that wasn't attached to the ground). It went under the car and bounced around... I still haven't fixed that bumper
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Just be glad its a few spider cracks... when i first read the topic title, my first thought was curb rash on your rims... See, could have been worse...

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock