Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Any junkyards in Northern Illinois that have Fieros?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Any junkyards in Northern Illinois that have Fieros? by Ditkaphile
Started on: 04-20-2010 11:00 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: css9450 on 04-21-2010 08:58 PM
Ditkaphile

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileDirect Link to This Post
I have had a hard time finding any. I live near Rockford, IL.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SNAPPY829

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Direct Link to This Post
Rt 12 Richmond and Rt 14 Woodstock (no Fieros) try pick and pull??
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
Its been hit or miss the last few years with the Chicago-area junkyards. Back around 2002 it was a sure bet to see at least one Fiero at every junkyard I'd go to, every time. Now, not so much. Its unusual to see even one. I got lucky last summer when I needed body parts but it took mulitple visits to about six yards to get everything I needed.

We're still in the aftermath of "Cash for Clunkers". Every yard is jammed full, and the percentages are way out of whack in favor of trucks and SUVs. All this results in much higher turnover than normal. Cars can come and go in a week or two so it pays to check often.

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Victory Auto Wreckers in Bensenville usually have 2 or 3 basic coupes hanging around.
What are you looking for? I could have a friend take a glance and see if the parts you need are there.
npdimonte

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for npdimonteSend a Private Message to npdimonteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

Victory Auto Wreckers in Bensenville usually have 2 or 3 basic coupes hanging around.
What are you looking for? I could have a friend take a glance and see if the parts you need are there.

Victory just crushed their only Fiero, which was an '88 coupe. It was in to good of a shape to be in a junk yard. Someone beat me to the console shift pod and the instrument cluster, but I stripped it of every I could. Frame was rust free, they would not sell me the car, it was sad to know it was going to get crushed.

Try Elgin, there are two junkyards off of Bluff City Boulevard, one of them a few months ago had a white 85 Fiero.
ICCAMDFIERO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIERODirect Link to This Post
It seems like all the fieros are getting crushed around chicago land. There used to be 3 between the two junkyards in Elgin. But one day I went back there and they were crushed........
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
Roger's Northend has 3 or 4 here in Dubuque. He has an '85 GT with a nice interior, and then there are the sport coupes. Only about
an hour and a half from Rockford. He is pricey just to warn you.

Rich
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by npdimonte:

Victory just crushed their only Fiero, which was an '88 coupe. It was in to good of a shape to be in a junk yard.

Victory gets some interesting cars. They had an Indy and a yellow Formula at the same time a few years ago.

In 2004 they got in an 87GT which I got a lot of good parts off of; it came in on a Friday and I was there the next morning when they opened. When I returned later that day to get some more stuff, I got there just in time to see them crush it. It was there for less than 24 hours.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock