Dash End Caps from PartsPro....beware by imacflier
Started on: 04-20-2010 07:04 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Amethyst on 04-21-2010 02:09 PM
imacflier

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for imacflierSend a Private Message to imacflierDirect Link to This Post
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a set of end caps to repair/conceal the damage below the side vents. The parts look pretty good, except.....

Although they have cut-outs for the side window defogger vents, they have NO provision for the front trunk release lever! When I called I was told that was just the way they come. They cannot be installed on the driver's side unless you modify them, so beware if you expect them to fit right out of the box.

On the other hand, they are pretty nice other than that one issue. I also discovered they have caps to go over the center shift console....might just beat trying to fix the warpage with glue.

Larry
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
dremel should fix that
Ditkaphile

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileDirect Link to This Post
Is the same true of the ones from Fiero Store?
SNAPPY829

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Direct Link to This Post
It isnt hard to repair the corners with epoxy and repaint with grey model paint (Tiamia grey I think) There is a thread some where here that has a step by step on it. looks a lot better ( in my opinion ) than the caps.
Amethyst

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ditkaphile:

Is the same true of the ones from Fiero Store?

No, there is no adjustment needed to the Fiero Store ones... here's a pic with my dash in the 88:

They do have to be painted or leave them black as I did and paint the rest of the dash.... there is a slight line down the inside corner of the dash where the dash cap rests on the dash, it's hard to see in the first picture because of the flash. But that's a minor detail if you don't have a perfect dash!!

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock