Can anyone tell me what this plug is by AADrcw
Started on: 04-20-2010 11:14 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: AADrcw on 04-20-2010 01:07 PM
AADrcw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AADrcwSend a Private Message to AADrcwDirect Link to This Post
So I was cleaning out the fiero that i bought 2 days ago and removed the plate for the aldl plug to clean it and i found this port plugged into three ports on the aldl connector.

Has anyone seen this or know what this is?

Thanks in advance
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
It's an adapter that uses a 3.5mm (1/8") stereo jack to connect to the laptop. Basically, it just allows you to plug a cable into the ALDL port without pulling the two screws to get off the black plastic cover.
AADrcw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AADrcwSend a Private Message to AADrcwDirect Link to This Post
The funny thing is it was still tucked behind the cover. I didnt know anything about it till i took the cover off.

Thanks
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Huh...kind of defeats the purpose in that case. That's generally what most here do with their ALDL ports, which is what I based that guess on. I definitely could be mistaken.
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

It's an adapter that uses a 3.5mm (1/8") stereo jack to connect to the laptop. Basically, it just allows you to plug a cable into the ALDL port without pulling the two screws to get off the black plastic cover.

Yup. Got on in my GT. BUT I drilled a small hole and mounted it. Definitely makes it easier to connect an ALDL cable and laptop.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
AADrcw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AADrcwSend a Private Message to AADrcwDirect Link to This Post
Sweet thanks for the link. Now i need to try to find the cable that will plug into this that goes to usb

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock