Vented front hoods by fierofrenzy
Started on: 04-18-2010 06:43 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: HI-TECH on 04-18-2010 03:14 PM
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyDirect Link to This Post
Anybody know how I can get my hands on a vented front hood ? I love the form and function of that, and want one for my 88. Thanks !
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Ask nicely to buy someones hood scoop that has another ideas for their car other wise join the club of the inexperienced car builders and give it a go yourself what you stuff up you sand off.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Here is what I have and it works great:

http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/Prod7.htm

You can buy just the insert and have your local body shop do the work or you can buy a "ready to paint" hood.

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

ZZ4 Powered !!

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 04-18-2010).]

timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post
You already have a vented front hood! 3 cuts and some body work and it's all done. The V8 archie warber insert is really good looking and Archie used to sell a complete hood finished, ready for painting.

From his site....

These hoods are completely blocked, preped & primed. Your body man needs only to scuff & paint to match your car.

Not only is this hood an original, but it's also an excellent value. They are $450 plus only $50 core charge or exchange of your old hood.

WE also now have a Fiberglass Warber hood insert kit so you can build your own hood at home. It come with extensive instructions & it’s priced at $ 149.00.

V8archie.com is where to go. and that is the cheapest you will get for a hood that is ready to paint. camaro guys spend more than that for the ugly performance hood that GM had on some of the Iroc cars.
HI-TECH

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post
Ive been working on one off and on between other projects, I'm no fiberglass guru by any stretch of the imagination this is my first time tinkering with glass on a spare hood i bought from 87antuzzi. i haven't taken in recent pics but this was before the fiberglass body filler and more cutting and sanding. I'm still not finished as other projects are higher up on the to-do list but it should be done in the next few weeks (hopefully)

[This message has been edited by HI-TECH (edited 04-18-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock