C5 Corvette Seat question by TKDchamp
Started on: 04-18-2010 02:50 AM
Replies: 13
Last post by: Rolling Thunder on 04-21-2010 07:05 AM
TKDchamp

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKDchampSend a Private Message to TKDchampDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know if C5 seats will fit in a fiero? *I did hit the search button, there was about 400 threads with either corvette or seat in it. Hopefully some knows so I don't have to look the 400 threads.

I don't mind moding the tracks or using the fiero ones. I had a C5 about 2 years ago. When my wife and I had a baby it just sat in the garage. I put about 2400 miles on it the first year our son was born, so I sold it. Long story short, I had some nice leather covers for the Sport seats. I when I sold the car, I kept the uninstalled covers. I had thought about picking up some seats from a local junkyard, putting my covers on them and putting them in my 88gt. Just a thought. Does anyone know is the Sport seats from a 97-04 will fit height and width in a fiero?

[This message has been edited by TKDchamp (edited 04-19-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TKDchamp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKDchampSend a Private Message to TKDchampDirect Link to This Post
bump?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Are these the seat you're looking for? Mine are in a 3" choptop, so you have plenty of room in a bubble top.

You can see here that the bottom of the Fiero seat bottom is lower than the Vette.

I'll go out and crudly measure the seats. keep in mind Archie modified the seat rack extensively to allow for tilting of seat and it is very, very close. Don't expect to tilt both seats cause you really don't have much room. Also, if the seats your purchasing are larger than the ones I have....DON'T BUY THEM!

Here's the measurements for the Corvette seats. Keep in mind, Archie and the Crew max-out seat rails for fit and you'll need to do the same if you decide the use this type of seat. Also, you're limited as-to moving and folding the upper part of the seat thus the top portion will hit the roof. My seat are allowed to move forward, but you can't tilt the seat. Since we're about the same height the results should be the same.

Give a minute to post all of the pictures. I'm finally using my Iphoto.

Here's the bottom width-wise.

Bottom @ 20 inches (the best I could do while holding the camera)

Upper back seat from bottom to the very top (once again the best I could do without removing the seat from car)

Max-forward tilt;

Max- backward tilt; This is my normal driving position and I very rarely tilt the seat forward.

More pics; clearance

As you can see from underneath, the seat cannot be folded w/o it hitting the roof. I'm okay with this since nobody is getting in the back, right?

The Corvette seat truly hug your side without being obtrusive. It's a better seat for long drives and for going around corners. The down side to using this seat is the headrest blocks your view when trying to look from the drivers side sail window. However. you can see through passenger side sail window.

Last pic; Passenger seat. I usually have leaned as-is, but sometime it's tilted back.

Expect to pay about $600-750 bucks for these.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-19-2010).]

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
I bet that looks nice in there too. Its more work but then again if thats what you want go for it just prepare, get the tools figure measure and get to working. I think for the price of entry i would go with the Mr Mikes leather and call it a day.
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
hey curly, do the seat cushions come off like in the C4? thats where i kept my repair manual and other misc documents in my C4. loved that. the fiero could really benifit from that.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Ive had a few Fieros and a few Corvettes. While the seats look very similar there must be some differences. I could drive the Fieros to Dallas and back to Columbus in a weekend only stopping for gas and be comfortable. My Corvettes seats on the other hand were unbearable after a few hours. I had to get out, stand and walk around to go the next few hours. In my case anyway, drivng a Corvette crosscountry would be torture. Maybe newer than C4s are more comfortable.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
FYI,
I bought '85 Corvette leather sport seats for my '85 Fiero. The sport seats came with the option that allows you (and you passnger) to each controll your individual lumber adjustments. Not only are they extremely comfortable, with these upgrades, they also look really trick I modified my existing Fiero tracks rather than trying to modify the current 'Vette tracks. I can give you pic's but I do not know how to transfere anything form my i-phone.

Cordially,
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 04-19-2010).]

TKDchamp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKDchampSend a Private Message to TKDchampDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Are these the seat you're looking for? Mine are in a 3" choptop, so you have plenty of room in a bubble top.

Thanks so much. LIke I said, I had order replacement covers for my C5 before I sold it. The covers were alittle to expensive to let go with the car. I have a lead on some that are faily cheap from a 2001 that the cover is cracked up on the drivers side. But like I said, I have replacements sitting in a box. My 88GT seats are in amazing shape, no rips or wear spots. However the C5 ones look cooler. Now for a dash...
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

FYI,
I bought '85 Corvette leather sport seats for my '85 Fiero. The sport seats came with the option that allows you (and you passnger) to each controll your individual lumber adjustments. Not only are they extremely comfortable, with these upgrades, they also look really trick I modified my existing Fiero tracks rather than trying to modify the current 'Vette tracks. I can give you pic's but I do not know how to transfere anything form my i-phone.

Cordially,
Kevin

i know how to. we can bump from this far away right? send them to my iphone, ill PM you my number. i want to see these.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 04-20-2010).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

FYI,

Cordially,
Kevin

I guess im different, lol. My 86 and 88 both had the sport seats too. Still, 2 hours sitting in either and my azz and back were killing me. Only cars I had that problem in.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

hey curly, do the seat cushions come off like in the C4? thats where i kept my repair manual and other misc documents in my C4. loved that. the fiero could really benifit from that.

I'm not familiar with the C4, but my blood brother in FL has them. As for the C5- the seat has a zipper similar to that of our Fiero seats thus removing the them isn't a major headache. I'm never going back to Fiero seats again. The C5 seats are three times better than my 88s with air bags.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-21-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I'm not familiar with the C4, but my blood brother in FL has them. As for the C5- the seat has a zipper similar to that of our Fiero seats thus removing the them isn't a major headache. I'm never going back to Fiero seats again. The C5 seats are three times better than my 88s with air bags.

Just curious, How did my seats feel compared to your Vette seats? You can be brutally honest, I can take it
I think they are WAYYYY better than my 88 seats were. I did want the C5 or C6 seats but the price scared me away.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 04-21-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 05:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Just curious, How did my seats feel compared to your Vette seats? You can be brutally honest, I can take it
I think they are WAYYYY better than my 88 seats were. I did want the C5 or C6 seats but the price scared me away.

It's like night and day. First off I've driven in #020 from IL to CA and may legs weren't killing me during the 1900 mile trip.

1. Corvettes IMO are touring seats compared to Fiero seats. The C5 seats are great on the thighs because of the support. Even with extra padding- the Fiero seat just don't measure up.

2. The Corvette side bolsters are bigger than the Fieros- even with the bladders inflated. My C5's have bladders, but I don't need them.

3. They fit inside a Fiero.

4. Removal of that stupid plastic cover that seems to break every time.

5. You can purchase C5 seats and not have to re-skin them.

My ranking;

1. C5

2. 88 Fiero seats w/bladders and Mr. Mike's extra paddings.

3. Fiero seats w/o bladders and Mr. Mike's extra paddings.

4. They come in different styles, thus you're not stuck with a seat that is simply re skinned.

Down side:

C5 less visibility and the cost. I by-passed Ebay after those jackass's wanted upwards of 800-1200 bucks for C5 seats. I found a indoor salvage yard that specializes in Corvettes. I looked around- plunked down my cash and had the seats shipped to Archie's ( I think for $75 bucks?). I bought the bladders too (I think?). Oh yeah, V8Archie modified the Fiero seat rails to fit the C5 thus you don't need the C5 rails.

My Cypress Auto visit:

Corvette bladders pumps and motors

Plenty of good used Corvette seats and even a few new ones too.

I had the shop remove the pumps and stuff. No need for the electric seat motors nor the rails

Assembly of the various parts but not needed since the "Crew" figured it out, hehe.

left over pics from Corvette seat assembly.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-21-2010).]

Rolling Thunder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post
Opinion: C4 seats look more stock

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock