Started on: 04-17-2010 06:52 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: silver 85 sc on 04-24-2010 06:26 PM
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Hey guys, I'm a mechanical engineering tech student.. Right now I'm in an advanced manufacturing processes class, where we are using CNC to mill certain projects, right now our project is to mill out a design on 4x3 inch aluminum plates, about .25 in thickness..

So since I plan on purchasing Fiero in the summer time (Out of a job right now ), I'm doing a Fiero emblem for a project.. I've been looking through google images, and with regards to the emblem- what is the correct lettering on it? I see different ones, I'm planning on designing it with just Fiero on the top of the graphic, like this in pic :

Is there anyone that would be nice enough to measure the size of the badge, perhaps off of the hood? I'm going to have to eyeball it because I don't have the real emblem.. So I'd extremely appreciate if someone could give me the general exterior dimensions, the rest I'll play around with to make it look proportional.. I mainly want the total width, total height, and length of the sides before curvature begins at the bottom..

If someone could just take a ruler to it and measure it, inches or mm whatever is easier for you- I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks PFF!

Tom.

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 04-17-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
faaaaq

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
somebody could also get an outline on a piece of paper and scan the image, so you can have a printable image that has a to-scale outline. if you would like something like that, i can get a rough outline for you

[This message has been edited by faaaaq (edited 04-17-2010).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Hell I wouldn't want to put someone through that, but if theres anyone will- I'd be beyond grateful.

I appreciate it!

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 04-17-2010).]

Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpDirect Link to This Post
Im at work till midnight CST... and I think its going to be slow. My GT is right out side. Give me a little time and I think I can help you out!
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Hell I wouldn't want to put someone through that, but if theres anyone will- I'd be beyond grateful.

I appreciate it!

tell ya what, i will go take a picture of my emblem (or whatever is left of it) with something next to it that is a set size, and use my computer to make sure the image is exactly 1:1 scale, and i will post it here for you. sound good?

i took the picture, just give me a couple minutes to edit it to scale

silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
I already have this image in dxf and dwg. The closest font I have found is the Hemi head 426. It can easily be changed to match the Fiero. I also have other images that I have converted to dxf and dwg. If these files work for you let me know and I will send them out.

Rich
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
even tho the above is proly more helpful, i did the work so im going to post it anyways lol
2 and 5/8 inches from top to bottom, in case its too hard to read

sorry about it being almost blank lol :P

i love photoshop. i used the image you provided, and form-fit that emblem onto my scale-image xD. not perfect, but it was my first time doing something like that lol

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Thanks a lot faaq, your awesome!!

Wow Rich no way, that would be beyond great. Yeah .dwg files would be fine, I'm using ACad 2010.

My email is gearheadf1@gmail.com

I love you guys! (no homo haha)
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
Files sent, If you want an idea of what I have check this thread.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/041694.html

Rich
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by silver 85 sc:

Rich

i would very much like everything pictured on page 1 (didnt look at page 2) lol
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Well I got the files from Rich, thanks for coming through beyond my expectations guys! Rich you easily saved me 3-4hrs of work, for that I'm in debt. When I get my Fiero, I'll pick up some of the items in your thread- they look great!
PFF
System Bot
deezil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by silver 85 sc:

Rich

Is this link working for anyone ?
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Its not working, hmm it was fine when the thread was still active over a week ago.
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
i suggest simplifying those dxf files, they're way too complicated atmas are.

------------------
Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.
#12 NYFOC Membe

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deezil:

Is this link working for anyone ?

Not working for me either, Must have gone to thread heaven. I guess I will have to round up the new photos and start over. I guess I should have bumped it a few times.

Rich

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock