Ferrari F40 Replica Spotted by japiks
Started on: 04-17-2010 09:47 AM
Replies: 16
Last post by: hyperv6 on 04-18-2010 08:58 PM
japiks

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for japiksClick Here to visit japiks's HomePageSend a Private Message to japiksDirect Link to This Post
I was recently at the "Ferrari Challenge" event just outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. This event held races for modified Ferrari F430 Challenges, Ferrari 599XX, and the Ferrari FXX. Had a great time and was about ready to head back to the hotel. As I was walking out to my car I spotted something across the parking lot. "ohh cool an old F40, hey they make fieros out of those" As I got closer I realized that it was in fact a Fiero! The dead give away was the stock V-6 Painted all red with a Ferrari Logo slapped on it. Also the A pillar and roofline were dead on. The body work on the car really could've been better, and to think that the owner had the balls to bring it to an actual Ferrari event hosted by Ferrari itself (all the cars and drivers were flown in from the factory in Italy). I snapped a few photos of the car so ENJOY!

No disrespect if the owner is on here reading this, but come on!

You can see that he didn't even take the time to get 3 matching exhaust tips.

What your'e looking at is the stock Fiero v6 with a supercharger on the top.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
1 word sums that up, yuck. No disrespect meant either, it's your car (whomever you are) and if you like it good for you, enjoy!...But wow is that ugly...just my opinion.
Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpDirect Link to This Post
May not be to your taste... I like it and would definately drive it! And hell, if there was a huge ferrari show near me and I had a choice to drive my work truck or my replica (which I dont have, just theoretical)....

come on, its a nice car with a descent amount of work put into it and for all you know, it was a low budget build (that may or may not be done yet) or something he got a steal on and just drives it for chits and giggles. Not all cars are/should be show quality and shouldn't be addressed as such.

Kills me that some people can be so opinionated on something that they dont like or isnt built to prime specs. As a fiero (or replica) owner we get enough chit from the car world as it is...

Just sayin...
GT86FASTBACK

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Humm... No disrespect intended, but its kinda funny looking... I can deff appriciate the amount of work that someone put into it, but... it just seems a bit off... Its a pretty car, just seems too short maybe??? I realize that replicas cant always be exactly to original spec, but... when ferrari made the F40, it was made that lenght for exaple to look good, so if your car is way shorter, it doesnt look right... Its not bad thought. Just not my cup of tea. Im an F355 Fan all the way. :-). IMHO...

PS: I do not see a Eaton on top of that motor. Looks like a stock 3800 UIM.

[This message has been edited by GT86FASTBACK (edited 04-17-2010).]

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
I think the notchie sail panel is what throws me off, other than that, I can live with a mis-matched exhaust pipe and a 3800!
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

I think the notchie sail panel is what throws me off, other than that, I can live with a mis-matched exhaust pipe and a 3800!

It's the wrong shape for a notchie sail panel.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
yeah that looks too big to be a notchy panel..

What bothers me most about the car is the rear end.. It just looks too high.. Like its tilted up or something. You can really tell what i mean in the bottom picture.. It totally throws off the flow of the body.. I dont know if thats how a real F40 is suppost to be, but it looks wierd too me.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 04-17-2010).]

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
Some F40s have mis-matched tail pipes.

That F40 kit does not look like the real thing.

A few were make with molds off a F40

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I think it was a very well done kit. The thing that gave iot away to me was the evap canister.. And the the guy saying its ugly. They were built very simply if its a real F40. They were one of the ferrari's that were built for racing and not built to be a rich guys d*ck extention. If that was in fact a real F40 you sir would have been in the presence of a real testement to Ferrari's Racing heritege They even put a a very light paint job on it to keep the cars weight down If you look very closeley at the F40's paint job you can even see the carbonfiber under the paint job. The interior and exterior were very basic and built of very light material's Even today the F40 can stand up to its newer advanced pedecessers. I have only seen one in person once and i fell in love with it. But my wallet dident.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 04-17-2010).]

Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I think you found a real one there. That engine is deffenetley no stock fiero engine and the top looks away to diffrent to be a supercharger. And the the guy saying its ugly. They were built very simply if its a real F40. They were one of the ferrari's that were built for racing and not built to be a rich guys d*ck extention. If that was in fact a real F40 you sir were in the presence of a real testement to Ferrari's Racing heritege They even put a a very light paint job on it to keep the cars weight down If you look very closeley at the F40's paint job you can even see the carbonfiber under the paint job. The interior and exterior were very basic and built of very light material's Even today the F40 can stand up to its newer advanced pedecessers. I have only seen one in person once and i fell in love with it. But my wallet dident.

LOL I was in the process of posting a reply pointing out the Evap canister among other things... Just before I hit "submit" I noticed the original post changed..
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:
I dont know if thats how a real F40 is suppost to be, but it looks wierd too me.

1. Roof line.
2. Slopped front windsheild.
3. Wrong side door panels.
4. Non extended.
5. wrong side windows (door and sail window).
6, and many, many more.

Notice the attention to details: window curves inward.

and the engine:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-17-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Even still i wouldent kick it out of my garage it is a very niceley done replica.
Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post
It is not horrible. My personal opinion towards the F40, it is my least favorite Ferrari, but that is my opinion. Whoever owns this car did a fine job, and obviously put a lot of work into this car. I commend them for the work they did. It may not be a perfect replica, but then again, maybe they didn't want it to be... maybe they added or subtracted certain parts of the real F40 that they did not care for, or maybe their pocketbook was not as deep as the rest of the critics here? I get a bit disheartened by negaitivity, when if we all looked deep down, would feel like total crap when someone takes something we are proud of and totally annihalate it. The owner did not come to our forum and say "Look at my wicked F40 replica!!" No, the owner was the unwitting participant in a critique without the ability to even defend and/or explain the reason they did what they did.

Who are we to judge what someone else's dream car is anyways?

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
'88 SE
'86 GT
'87 GT Extreme body mod and 2.8L Turbo Propane powered (in the garage and getting closer to being completed)

RacerX11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RacerX11Send a Private Message to RacerX11Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:Some F40s have mis-matched tail pipes.

The outer pipes are the main exhaust outlets, and the center pipe is for the wastegate dumps.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
. And the the guy saying its ugly. They were built very simply if its a real F40. They were one of the ferrari's that were built for racing and not built to be a rich guys d*ck extention.

excuse me, like i said, MY OPINION, dont get your panties in a bunch. obviously its not real, yes they did lots of work, yes the work looks good and yes it's kinda cool but not my taste. to me it's ugly but that's me and I'm not the owner, just somebody with an opinion.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
That actually looks like a fairly well-done kit, whoever put it together has some skill. The problem is they didn't get a kit that requires a frame stretch, which results in a short stubby looking car from the side. Looks great from the back and the front.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
The front and the rear look good the center looks like it was squashed. Kind of like those 57 Chevy 4 doors cut to have a short wheel base.

I class this like the Fake Lambo's that were not stretched. Just not my taste.

I have see a few F 40's done with the chassies stretched and they look in better proportion. A foot and a half of wheel base and a chopped roof would have really pulled this one off.

While they did many details well on this I would rather have one of the other kits.

Just my opionion you are welcome to yours too.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock