Indiana Fiero Club update by Ayrow
Started on: 04-17-2010 03:44 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Nurb432 on 04-18-2010 10:03 AM
Ayrow

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowDirect Link to This Post
Indiana Fiero Friends,

Another Spring/Summer is upon us.
Personally speaking, I haven't had a chance to get my '87 GT out of winter storage yet, but I thought I'd better get an update out to everyone on where things stand.

MEMBERSHIP
As of this writing, there are 57 people (!) on the Indiana Fiero Club mailing list - a lot more than I expected there ever would be.
Awesome.

WEBSITE
As is obvious, (especially to the folks who have recently asked to join), the website is terribly outdated.
Why??
Time. I just don't have much of it, to be honest.

I am taking any volunteers for managing the website and/or the club, in general.
It has become obvious to me that I don't have the time to maintain it, so if there is anyone who would like to take things by the reins, please let me know.
It is a shame to me to have so many people on-board and not be taking advantage of the internet site, as we should.

And as always, I will always accept donations to help keep the website online. Currently it costs me about $10.00/month, all of which I am paying for myself. (Yes, that is about $120 a year. Ouch.)

Ideally, what really needs to happen is we need to collect dues and have a board of officers, one specified to maintain the website.
All in favor, say "I".
I doubt it will happen, but I'll throw it out there, anyway.

E-MAILS
Originally, when people would "join" I would give them an email address (i.e. - xxx@indianafieroclub.com).
Now I only give it to people that ask, simply because it is so much work.
I know that there are a couple of people waiting, so hang in there.

EVENTS
I would like to schedule a get-together, lunch, or drive (or all of the above), either on our own or at an existing Fiero event.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, everyone. Let's try to get the ball rolling a little more this year. I will post this letter on PFF as well.

Tod Parker
Indiana Fiero Club
www.IndianaFieroClub.com

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
I originally was getting it started here:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/072071.html

I met with you at JJ's where you agreed to start a webpage. When we met at Red Robin's, you became the figurative leader, changed the name (no big deal as long as we all get together), them never provided the contact lists from "the club's" website. You lost interest, which is understandable in your fields and family, but it would have been much better if you just helped instead of dodge my member update requests. This confused many members as who was in charge.

I still suggest an open group with a free website, managed by a member more skilled than I with web pages. We could just have a free Yahoo newsgroup of all meet purposes (for all I care), but a website and webmaster is needed to grow the group. If anyone is up for the task, please send me a PM.

Tod, will you send me the contact list for the umteenth time please?

Thanks,
Greg

------------------

[This message has been edited by FieroGTguy (edited 04-17-2010).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post04-17-2010 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
Been trying to get a spring ( ok. now summer ) thing together since i hadn't seen any traffic on the mailing list for a while. -> https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/080518.html

That's why i like the idea of scheduled meetings ( don't worry, i wont go down that road again, just making light of our current lack of direction : ) )

On the 'webmaster' position I don't have time to run web pages properly right now, but if we ever need a place to host stuff i do have a place to put them. ( perhaps later this summer ill start having more free time.. )

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 04-17-2010).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post04-17-2010 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006
Grrr 'edit' not 'quote'

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 04-17-2010).]

Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

I originally was getting it started here:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/072071.html

I met with you at JJ's where you agreed to start a webpage. When we met at Red Robin's, you became the figurative leader, changed the name (no big deal as long as we all get together), them never provided the contact lists from "the club's" website. You lost interest, which is understandable in your fields and family, but it would have been much better if you just helped instead of dodge my member update requests. This confused many members as who was in charge.

I still suggest an open group with a free website, managed by a member more skilled than I with web pages. We could just have a free Yahoo newsgroup of all meet purposes (for all I care), but a website and webmaster is needed to grow the group. If anyone is up for the task, please send me a PM.

Tod, will you send me the contact list for the umteenth time please?

Thanks,
Greg

Holy misunderstanding!

Look, I took it upon myself to get the ball rolling. I created a website, went out of my way to find members, and ended up getting a few e-mails from people saying they didn't want to have to be "committed" to anything, but wanted to be in on things that we might be doing. In other words, they didn't want to have to pay dues or be required to participate in anything. Really??? Talk about a shot to my motivation.
My favorite email was the one that said he didn't want to be a part of anything where he was considered a "member". Whatever.

As a result, I have been dishing out my own $$ and my own time to put something together, however organized. Maybe it's because of my lack or organizational skills, but participation has been minimal, at best.

Add to that, the most we've ever had at any scheduled get together has been 11 people (out of over 50). It became very clear to me that everyone wants a presence of a local club, but only a small hand-full want to actually work to make it happen.

The one that really blew my mind was the All-Pontiac show on the south side that we were invited to. I found it a great opportunity to showcase our interest and really get the organization solidified. The organizers of the show even offered me a conference room, free of charge, so that we could meet and put things together. I was down there for several hours and saw (maybe) 6 Fieros, spread throughout the day. We couldn't have had a meeting if we'd wanted to.

Greg, I'm sorry I didn't send you the list you requested. Truth be known, there really isn't much to send. The information I have is sporatic at best - really just a bunch of thrown-together emails and cell phone numbers - maybe a couple of addresses. I had hoped that things would have moved along a little better and I would have been able to compile a more thorough database. Check your email. I will send it anyway.

Look, it's no secret that I have the organizational skill of a bucket of shovels, but it's not like people have been jumping up to help me out.

At this point, I am going to forward what information I have to Greg and he can run with it.

As far as the website is concerned, it is up for renewal in a couple of months. Unless somebody wants to take it over, I am gong to let it expire.
For those of you that have participated and tried to help, you know who you are and thank you so much.

I'm done.

Peace.

-Tod

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Been trying to get a spring ( ok. now summer ) thing together since i hadn't seen any traffic on the mailing list for a while. -> https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/080518.html

That's why i like the idea of scheduled meetings ( don't worry, i wont go down that road again, just making light of our current lack of direction : ) )

On the 'webmaster' position I don't have time to run web pages properly right now, but if we ever need a place to host stuff i do have a place to put them. ( perhaps later this summer ill start having more free time.. )

It seems that you could simply copy and paste the URL info that Tod has for now (and host it), then allow priviledges (if that's cool with Tod?). There won't be much to manage until every member gets their own profile page with pics (which is my end goal). We can just post general info (similar to here: # of members, name of new members, what they own and what part of town they reside. I would like a "create an event" that any member could post on the website with an auto-e-mail to all member's (i.e. Summer Cruise 2010 details; Local show details; Who wants to grill out?! Bring food, I'll grill!; etc).

How's that sound?

Greg

Misery

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiserySend a Private Message to MiseryDirect Link to This Post
Greg, you have a PM
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post04-18-2010 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ayrow:

At this point, I am going to forward what information I have to Greg and he can run with it.

As far as the website is concerned, it is up for renewal in a couple of months. Unless somebody wants to take it over, I am gong to let it expire.
For those of you that have participated and tried to help, you know who you are and thank you so much.

I'm done.

Peace.

-Tod

I don't think anyone was bashing you, we all understand that life can get in the way of things.

That said, since you are tied up i don't see it being a bad idea to pass it along to others to try to move things along. Eventually i can see a formal club being almost self-supporting, but in the beginning its a large undertaking and takes a lot of effort to form, more then a lot of people have time for.

So really its not a bashing, but an understanding.. And appreciation for the efforts you have been able to give.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock