Started on: 04-16-2010 08:58 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Philero on 04-17-2010 01:19 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

It's all but official,.....my first car ever, a 1986 pontiac fiero coupe, is going to a new home.

I purchased the car, used, straight out of college in 1988 with money i earned all by myself, nothing from my parents,..i was proud and excited. The car was a blast and it served me well until i purchased a new brand new car in 1995.

For a time i let my girlfriend use it after her car took a dump, then we got married got her a new car and moved to florida in 1999. With 2 cars already, no space to store it here, and no way to get it to florida with us the fiero stayed behind.

Now my first car is about to become someone else's first car. After deciding to sell and posting it on craigslist i immediatly got calls and the first was a gentleman near my hometown who wanted to buy the car for his grandson who is turning 16 and getting his license.

After looking the car over we agreed on a deal and a pickup. Apparently the kid is so excited that the grandfather, who is a super nice guy, called and wanted to see if we could move the pickup date sooner but unfortunatly i could not deviate since i am out of state and relying on family to coordinate things.

it was hard for me to pull the trigger on this one, but it was time.

Is it possible to be sad and happy at the same time ?? It does make me proud to know that another generation will get to experience the pontiac excitement that we all have gotten to experience. I guess i am passing on the tradition.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
I know its hard to let go... I still have a few pieces from "SmoothGT" that will be going on my next GT... tell him about PFF...

------------------
SMTHGT.....
aka. "SmoothGT"

DougC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

tell him about PFF...

Should have made signing up and being active part of the deal
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Great story........I got my first Fiero brand new in 1986 when I was in college. You and I graduated college the same year too.

I'm glad the car is being passed on to someone who will appreciate it.
Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post
I am guessing you have already met the grandson and have a good idea he is responsible and will treat the car well. I only say this because I have a 17 year old son and know he will treat his Fiero very respectfully... but if it were me when I was that age, I would have beat the living crap out of it... just the way I was at that age. Just ask my '79 Celica... if you can't find it, just look for your nearest soda can, I am sure a bit of her is there somewhere!!!

All in all, regardless of how he treats it, feel comfortable knowing it is one helluva safe car!

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
'88 SE
'86 GT
'87 GT Extreme body mod and 2.8L Turbo Propane powered (in the garage and getting closer to being completed)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock