kelsey-hayes ET-Mag wheels.. need info by freedom0226
Started on: 04-16-2010 03:23 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: Australian on 04-17-2010 06:50 AM
freedom0226

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Direct Link to This Post
hey everyone.. so i got these rims from the basement shop today. im trying to google some research on these and cant find anything...

kelsey hayes et mag wheels ... 15x8...i have all four same model number new in the boxes never used never opened never touched the ground...i took them home without thinking if they would fit or not. and now i see there deep dish and 15x8 so im assuming i cant do anything with them on a fiero right ?

am i wrong here .. i have a 1987 fiero gt v6 auto. with the stock wheels on right now... i want to know if they would fit.. besides that i would just like some info on these are they rare ? ugly ? did i find a diamond or a nothing ?

they are stamped 1981 on the back.. heres some pics.. any info related would be helpful. if not there going on craigslist for someone who can use them..

also i know nothing about rims and tire size. i just spent 30 min reading old threads about this . and my eyes are sore. i apologize for not knowing these things but i never cared about cars until i got my fiero so bare with me.. i under stand the tire sizes but not bold patterns and width issues with rubbing etc etc etc... so please break it down to me like a 5th grader...lol....... will these fit

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
do you have the measurements for them somewhere. Need to know backspacing and width. The lug pattern is supposed to fit with the right lugs and alignment washers. question now is backspacing.
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Just looking at them, with that offset I'd say they are for a RWD vehicle like a Camaro.

As 86GT said, measure them https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html#backspace

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 04-16-2010).]

Jakesdads86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jakesdads86gtSend a Private Message to Jakesdads86gtDirect Link to This Post
Nice vintage wheels, but they are for rear wheel drive applications. If you look at the back of the box in the pic above, the "Uni-Lug" multiple bolt pattern is pretty much explained. They require a shank style lug nut with a special oval shaped washer with an offset hole for 4 1/2" and 5" bolt circles or a special washer with a centered hole for the 4 3/4" bolt circle. Fiero's have a 110mm bolt circle, and the offset is way wrong. Sorry for bad news.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Run a search for "Keystone Klassics"....I think you'll find it's a VERY similar wheel.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

Run a search for "Keystone Klassics"....I think you'll find it's a VERY similar wheel.

Yup. http://www.newstalgiawheel.....asp?subcat3=1071102

freedom0226

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Direct Link to This Post
so when i look for rims . what exactly should i be looking for...

5x110 ... for example i search craigslist all the time for rims so what can i write in the search instead off just "rims"

5x110 ... and offset 35mm to 40mm ?????

this sucks ballz i also got these original cragers 1964. and there the same issue **** sucks.... i thought it was due to the deep dish but ......... i could always just sell em....

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Fiero lug pattern is 5x100
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
Both sets of rims look considerably more ancient than the Fiero they were intended for. Find something a bit more modern in 5x100 and you'll be far closer to a win.
nosaint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintDirect Link to This Post
i have those exact wheels on my 73 Cougar! Put on back in 84!
Jakesdads86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jakesdads86gtSend a Private Message to Jakesdads86gtDirect Link to This Post
The one on the left does look like a Cragar SS, The one on the right is an Appliance. Wow that's an oldie!
PFF
System Bot
freedom0226

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Direct Link to This Post
hey thanks for all the advice how much you guys think i should sell these for ? i have all four new in the nox with the center caps all of them never have seen daylight or ever touched the streets... boxes never opened..
nosaint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintDirect Link to This Post
well since they aren't factory, and they are on the smaller size and of a dated design....but you never know! Start high and come down!
I loved the when I first saw them!
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I will tell you why you won't find these 5 x 100. The stud pattern 5 x 100 is a generally a japanese pattern as it generally is on FWD cars the offset is also wrong on FWD cars. You will need to have them welded and redrilled to make them work no other way i am afraid all the hunting will not find you a set to bolt on. If you do have a set that will bolt on im sure someone will want them.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 04-17-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock