Started on: 04-15-2010 07:09 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Max The Chainsaw on 04-15-2010 08:39 PM
Fierokid87

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
Not sure if this should be in tech or not. the small piece at the back of the door needs to be changed, however Im unsure of how to remove it? The reason im doing so is cuzz who ever had my car prior to me used the notched and the rest of my molding is rounded.

------------------
Go here to see more of my Formula: " TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430754

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Lightley pull up on it. Your going to break the mounting hardware behind it so be ready to order new hardware from the fiero store.
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
If you're talking about that short little piece right behind the door handle, I believe you have to actually remove the outer door skin. It fastened from the inside with a single phillips screw. Probably why the previous owner didn't change it.
Max The Chainsaw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post
Dave is right. One phillips screw from the backside.

One little trick I've used before, drill a 1/4 hole thru the metal part of the door in line with the head of the screw. You can then get a screwdriver on the head of the screw and turn it loose. The screw will stay in the door and you can just run it into the back of the new trim piece. Only drawback is it leaves a hole in the door visible when the door is open.

Max

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock