Started on: 04-15-2010 02:54 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: Rick 88 on 04-16-2010 06:37 PM
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziClick Here to Email 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I found a engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The lady says it new with zero miles and has never been run. Its fully dressed ready to be swapped in. It also has a 5 speed attached to it. How can i tell its new? My boreoscope is broke. Only thing i can think of is pull a plug and see if they have been fired. Or if its a new engine the oil should be super clean. for 450 it sound too good.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fieromaniac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post
get the oilpan of , open the oilpump you can see if the pump was turning .

or you take a look into a mainbearing or connecting rod cap.
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnyClick Here to Email vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
Does it look new? What engine? It would be easy for me to be satisfied that it was new. Look at the plugs. Good luck!

Vinny
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziClick Here to Email 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
http://sacramento.craigslis.../pts/1692738681.html
Nobody swoop it please . im going to take a look today
DougC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCClick Here to Email DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post
Looks pretty dirty for new... and I think I see rust at the bottom... Shouldn't there be a VIN number on it? Might be worth getting a carfax on it if you can
vinny

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnyClick Here to Email vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
I'm on my way to get it! Just joking. Take some tools.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 343
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
You could pull one of the head's and see if it still has its crosshatch.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziClick Here to Email 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
im going to see it in a hour or so. It does look rather dirty, but im going to try to find the charger for the boreoscope.
fast40driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fast40driverClick Here to Email fast40driverSend a Private Message to fast40driverDirect Link to This Post
Pull an exhaust manifold, or EGR, should be easy to tell if it has been fired.

Mike
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 343
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

im going to see it in a hour or so. It does look rather dirty, but im going to try to find the charger for the boreoscope.
please dont blow this one up. hell i havent even blown up a fiero engine yet *knocks on wood*

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Click Here to Email fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post
Warranty tags may be a sign of a newly rebuilt engine...

PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziClick Here to Email 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I just looked at it. It is dirty but it does show it is new. The thermo housing has no rust/corrosion along with all the other cooling pipes. I also looked in the oil fill hole with a flash light and everything in there looked great also. Then i sniffed inside the head (lol) and i could not smell any oil. Im haggling with the price right now and am going back tonight to remove some stuff.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageClick Here to Email AustralianSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Just look at it if you cant tell within 20 meters of it you will need to get some glasses.
MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroClick Here to Email MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroDirect Link to This Post
Yeah but he's in America. We don't deal in meters here so he needs more information. lol
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsClick Here to Email drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I just looked at it. It is dirty but it does show it is new. The thermo housing has no rust/corrosion along with all the other cooling pipes. I also looked in the oil fill hole with a flash light and everything in there looked great also. Then i sniffed inside the head (lol) and i could not smell any oil. Im haggling with the price right now and am going back tonight to remove some stuff.

Why haggle on the price? If it's new it's a steal. If it's not, then you're dealing with a liar and walk away.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
make sure you can turn the engine over easily, hopefully the rings are still ok after sitting for 25 years.
currie68

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Click Here to Email currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Direct Link to This Post
yeah i saw that post this morning
looks more like i have the engine
but no car to tell you the miles on it
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
pm sent

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock