Started on: 04-14-2010 10:35 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: twofatguys on 04-19-2010 12:57 PM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got a replacement front nose and front fender for my 85.
I knew when I got it that the right front had been hit, but I wasn`t aware of how much damage it had sustained.
Upon trying to fit the facia, hood, and front fenders together it would seem the right front may be about an inch shorter
and maybe a little lower.
Before I try to do anymore work on any of the mechanical I`m going to see if I can rework the front to get everything to line up.
I guess it`s possible to make brackets or move mounts to different places to make everything fit.
I think I can get the fenders and facia to line up but the hood is what concerns me, because when it closes down on the seals on the left side, the hood is sticking up
on the right side at the back, by the windshield.
I may put it between two trees and try to pull the offending front part with a come-along.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I bought my 1st fiero this way. Best way to fix it is to fut out another corner from a junk yard and get it welded.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I had thought about that, but someone tried to weld the front all back together and it`s a mess.
I might just keep it for a parts and mock-up car and get another car.
It`s just that from the damaged part back it is such a solid car.
Philero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post
I hear you on this one, it seems every Fiero I have owned has had front end damage to some degree, and it poses panel alignment problems every time. Welding a new front end (even a portion) on is a task for a professional since the heat caused from welding bends and contracts the thin metal used in the car...end result... making the alignment a very difficult task. It is a challenge, but allow extra patience and hire a good welder if you want to stick with this car.

I wish you the best of luck.

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
'88 SE
'86 GT
'87 GT Extreme body mod and 2.8L Turbo Propane powered (in the garage and getting closer to being completed)

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Hope you bought it for a cheap price to turn it into a parts car.

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I only paid a couple hundred for it.
I originally bought it for eventually using for a kit car platform, which you end up cutting most of the front end off anyway, but that`s very far in the future, so I don`t know.
I`m going to remove all of the parts off of the front of it this weekend so I can see just how much damage there is.
Since the rest of this car is in pretty good shape, I would rather spend the money on it and have a car with a lot of new parts.
I look at it this way, you could buy a car for 2000.00 and still have problems inherent with the Fiero or you can buy a 200.00 car, replace parts with newer technology or at least newer parts and be that much ahead of the game.

I might even get creative when I have finished developing this dash I`m working on and see if someone would take one, plus install, in trade for another Fiero they might have in their stable.
Mike

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 04-15-2010).]

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like you may want to mock-up the front end sooner than you planned. My problem is that I have to keep mine driveable.
Max The Chainsaw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post
If the rest of the car is good and solid, it might be a good candidate for a Norms tilt front end. A lot of the front end frame gets removed for the tilt front.

Just a possibility.

Max
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Max
That`s a good idea.
Mike
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Well this weekend I removed most of the parts from the front of my 85 and I was able to get the hood and fenders to line up.
I just set the nose on and it looks like it will line up too. I had to redrill the right front fender and I will have to make spacers
remount the nose in different holes and redrill the brackets for the hood but I think it will all work out ok. Does anyone know
offhand what the product is that you brush on metal and it neutralizes rust? When the PO repaired the bashed in front metal
they dodn`t prime it too well and there is a bit of rust.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
rustoleum
or check out the eastwood.com web site for better stuff
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Kevin
I actually was going to try this stuff I saw a while back called Rust Bullet, but I couldn`t remember what it was
until now.
Mike
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
POR-15

Brad

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock