Started on: 03-13-2010 08:30 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: FieroVin on 03-14-2010 11:38 AM
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
I have a print I bought years ago. The print is numbered and signed. I recently hung it in my new garage I built for my toys. I tried looking up any information on this print but I am not really finding much. I figured with all the members here maybe someone might enlighten me about the print. I know a few other forum members also have one of these numbered print. Questions I have is;

When was it done?

Whose Fiero was it in the print?

Is Jack Stewart well known and if so for what type of artwork?

Is the print valuable?

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED

Click here to read the History of Skitimes Car

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
That print looks like it is a Huffaker Fiero IMSA GTU race car, #55, driven by Bob Earl. That car won at Watkins Glen in 1985 (first race at the Glen, 7/6/85) and had a DNF in the second race at the glen that year.

PS: Very nice print, and good looking garage! Is that an SLK?

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 03-13-2010).]

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

That print looks like it is a Huffaker Fiero IMSA GTU race car, #55, driven by Bob Earl. That car won at Watkins Glen in 1985 (first race at the Glen, 7/6/85) and had a DNF in the second race at the glen that year.

PS: Very nice print, and good looking garage! Is that an SLK?

That is what I love about this place. So much collective knowledge. I did a serch on Huffaker Fiero IMSA GTU race car, #55 I found this pic. Is it the same car?

Yes, a 2000 SLK Sport wih 12,000 miles on the clock. I wish the SLK had the power of my Fiero or my Fiero had the suspension of the SLK.

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 03-13-2010).]

hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Well it is no Warhol value but on e bay they can bring $50-150. just depends if someone knows what they have and a willing party is will to pay more for it.

Jack did these prints for Pontiac as dealer award over the years for making sales quotas. Jack did one other Fiero one with the Entech GTP. I think these were from 85 and 86.

Jack did other prints that were used as awards that had NASCAR themes with Fireball Roberts Daytona Pontiac win and later ones with the Daytona Trans Am pace car leading the field. They also show up on e bay from time to time.

The STP car was a Huffacker car in the 1985. Several people drove it Thet two I recall were John Hall of Hall and Oats and the main driver was Bob Earl.

Watch e bay as the entech print show up once in a while. I got both of them a while ago. Watch the conditions as some are faded as they were in showrooms and often in direct sunlight. Jack signed and numberd them all.

Watch under Pontiac Awards as they are not always under FIero.

Here is the GTP print

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 03-13-2010).]

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Wow you guys are awesome. With that info I found a pic of that car. Very cool.

http://www.racingsportscars...a-1985-08-25-055.jpg
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I I remember Oats was a co driver at events where driver changes were required. He was a good driver but not great. Well we all know Bob was good. He is making and selling driver seat set up's for computer driving games.

I was lucky to have seen all the Fiero's race back in the day. I even still have the T shirt from 1987 and the Goodwrench team. They had special shirts at Mid Ohio. I am glad I saved a lot of this stuff.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
OK, Was the fastback 55 I first posted the same car as the link I later posted of the notchback? If so I have personally touched and photographed it when I was at the 20th show. I never made the connection to that car at the 20th and the print I have. Very intesting.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

OK, Was the fastback 55 I first posted the same car as the link I later posted of the notchback? If so I have personally touched and photographed it when I was at the 20th show. I never made the connection to that car at the 20th and the print I have. Very intesting.

The 1986 STP GTU car was a notch back

The fast back Huffacker cars 1987-88 were Goodwrench in GTU and there was a Dingman Bro Valvoline in GTO.

The notchback GTU car in 1985 was the Dole Pineapple car

The cars were all mostly the same under the skin from Huffacker. There were some changes made as they went along. I am not sure what chassies or how many they used from Huffaker. But it is possible the 55 car carried over in part or completly as one of the two Goodwrench GTU cars in 1987. Terry Visgers car.

the one at the 20th I think for the most may have been just a show car. It has been around for years and I remember GM had one they used to display at the races. I think the Huffacker cars are still floating around racing or have been parted out.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 03-13-2010).]

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I never expected answers so soon. So they added the fastback body in to the orginal notchback 55 chassis in 1987 but basically it was the same car.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I never expected answers so soon. So they added the fastback body in to the orginal notchback 55 chassis in 1987 but basically it was the same car.

Sorry I up dated my post. They may have been but only Huffacker could tell for sure. There were more than one car built and chassie numbers are not easy to come bv.
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again. I sent you a + for your rating. I contacted the photographer in the link to see if I could have copy of the Fiero photo. I think it would be cool to hang a photo of it beside the print.
PFF
System Bot
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rourke_87_T-Top:

http://www.youtube.com/watc...fnSM&feature=related

Thanks, that is awesome. A+ sent your way too.

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 03-13-2010).]

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
My dad built (from scratch) a pool table sized slot car track replica of Watkins Glenn.. Its really sweet. And of course i have a Fiero slot car..

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 03-13-2010).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I miss the old IMSA series. This race and Mid Ohio were the most fun races I have been too back when the MFG's were involved.

Today the ALMS /Indy weekend at Mid Ohio comes close but still does not have as many factory teams.
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Thanks again. I sent you a + for your rating. I contacted the photographer in the link to see if I could have copy of the Fiero photo. I think it would be cool to hang a photo of it beside the print.

Ski,
If you can get a print of that let me know as I would like to hang one in my garage as well.
good seeing an old member posting the car stills looks great!

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 03-14-2010).]

FieroVin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinDirect Link to This Post
While we're on the topic of Fieros, racing and Watkins Glen... check this out.

http://www.mafoa.com/forms/fiero_glen.pdf

Also, NYFOC is planning another Watkins Glen meet next month. http://www.nyfoc.com/

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster
1987 Fiero GT, Medium Red Mettalic, Lowered
2008 Solstice GXP, Aggressive
2008 G8 GT, Magnetic Grey Mettalic

1988 - 2006 - The 18 year dry spell between 2-seat Pontiac Excitement was finally over... RIP Pontiac.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock