Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Gauging interest - Window decal in honor of Tyler - non profit (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Gauging interest - Window decal in honor of Tyler - non profit by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 02-16-2010 07:22 AM
Replies: 123
Last post by: Erik on 03-04-2010 12:32 AM
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

Hulki U. My-Bff,

Boy, did I blow that response.

Yes, count me in.

My vote: B, A. Ribbon, Yellow
Mike
IP: Logged
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zigaroo:

Outline is the cut.

This one also has my vote. It looks great and says it all.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HI-TECH:

this ones got my vote..

Not a big fan of ribbons (way overused) or the phrase 'You are forever a part of us.'

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 02-17-2010).]

Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by HI-TECH:

this ones got my vote..

This def has my vote as well. I really like that.
fierofierofiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofierofieroSend a Private Message to fierofierofieroDirect Link to This Post

Outline is the cut.

This one has my vote as well.
RockyBalboaLives

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RockyBalboaLivesSend a Private Message to RockyBalboaLivesDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofierofiero:

This one has my vote as well.

Yes sir, I have to go with this one also..

ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
I like the above as well

Shelby
zigaroo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post

Installed from the inside on clear vinyl. This print was for my personal car and I have no way of mass producing them myself.

[This message has been edited by zigaroo (edited 02-17-2010).]

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Installed from the inside on clear vinyl.

Thats looks Great! I would like to order one. What do I need to do?
zigaroo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Thats looks Great! I would like to order one. What do I need to do?

I should get that out there right now that I have no way of mass producing these and it is left up to Hulki what the final design will be.

This is for my personal use only, but, if my design is "picked" I will be happy to hand over the design for others to produce and manipulate.
87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Installed from the inside on clear vinyl. This print was for my personal car and I have no way of mass producing them myself.

The only problem with this is if someone has a rear defogger you can not put the decal over the defogger I have seen a few short out and also melt/burn the vinyl. Not recommended for inside of window with rear defogger.
PFF
System Bot
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post

Outline is the cut.

My vote
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87 Pegasus:

The only problem with this is if someone has a rear defogger you can not put the decal over the defogger I have seen a few short out and also melt/burn the vinyl. Not recommended for inside of window with rear defogger.

Gee... I wonder how they tint the defogger glass then?
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
One thing I would like to note is that we can not use a Fiero badge due to it being a GM copyright. The last thing we want to do is get into a mess with that. Although I don't know how close to copyright infringement zigaroo's Pegasus is. Is the Pegasus itself copyrighted?
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post
You may be over thinking. Non profit and It would be a PR nightmare for GM.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Great idea Hulki. I have no preference over design. The celebration/remberance is the key. As of Monday, my Formula sports a simple "Tyler". I have had at least 5 people ask me what it means. I am more than happy to tell them about Tyler.

I'm in for 4 or 5!

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 02-17-2010).]

zigaroo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

My vote and who cares about GM...-Jason
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
Just to be safe even though there are those who dont care. I have contacted EMI. They will be calling me back on the matter. I do not see it being a problem and people would do it anyways but its still nice to hear an o.k. on the matter. Just my 2 cents.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
We have enough members here with permission from GM. It shouldn't be an issue.

Brad

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

This one would solve the copyrights issues !!!

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 02-18-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Do you plan on making stickers for external use (like a bumper sticker)? If so, I'm in for a pair. I really don't care which design you use, as long as it fits on a Fiero rocker panel.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

This one would solve the copyrights issues !!!

There was already a complaint about too many colors, and that has a photo of a car in it. Just no ribbon please, but I am serious about the phrase. It doesn't feel/sound right. And as far as copyright goes... how many Calvin pissing on Chevy/Ford/Dodge bumper sticker makers have gotten sued? None.

My vote still stands for:

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 02-18-2010).]

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I vote for that one too. ^^^
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Okay, here's the deal. Using any GM owned logos is not going to happen. Anyone who wants one made with a Pegasus or anything of that nature will have to get it made elsewhere, I'm sorry. I am not putting myself or the manufacturer of these decals in jeopardy for violating copyrights. End of story.

There is much debate about how these should look, and even though there seem to be more that prefer zigaroo's design, it just isn't cost effective. The idea is to keep these as simple as possible and keep the cost down so that EVERYONE can afford one. This is not to discount zigaroo's design, because it is excellent, but I am not running any logos. So I am choosing the decal that I am going to go with, I'm sorry that it went from a vote to this, I just want to get as many of these out there as possible to honor Tyler. So this is the design I am going to go with:

It will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 10" wide and 2.5" tall. I will be updating my first post with this decal, and I will put the cost in there when I receive it from 87Pegasus.
faalvino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faalvinoSend a Private Message to faalvinoDirect Link to This Post
I personally do not mind what it looks like as long as it conveys the message needed =)
count me in for one.
-Frankie

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by faalvino:

I personally do not mind what it looks like as long as it conveys the message needed =)
count me in for one.
-Frankie

Thank you Frankie, I will start a list on the first post of this thread of those interested.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Hulki U. My-BFF

5949 posts
Member since Apr 2008
From here on out, I need those who will definitely buy, and the quantity you want. Even if you previously stated you wanted one, I need to know you are okay with the design choice. I will take orders until midnight 2/26. I should have a price on the first page in the AM.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Hello Andy
I ajusted a couple of things (ribbon internal color wasoff yellow) if ya need other mods let me know ...
Dan

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 02-18-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Hello Andy
I ajusted a couple of things (ribbon internal color wasoff yellow) if ya need other mods let me know ...
Dan

Thanks, Dan. Now no more changes.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

My vote still stands for:

As does mine. It's simple and effective.
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

As does mine. It's simple and effective.

Voting is over.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Voting is over.

I guess I don't pay enough attention...
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
You can put me down for 2.

EDIT TO ADD: this is assuming they can be attached to the exterior of the vehicle, not just the inside of the window.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 02-18-2010).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Apparently, holding a vote was pointless. Seeing as how both were yellow and black I don't see how the supposedly more popular one would be more expensive, why didn't you just tell Danyel to design it and then offer it up to buy. The quotation marks are out of place if you are not quoting a specific person and the yellow ribbon already signifies waiting for soldiers to come home safely from war, but whatever...

I'll take one. If you'll sell to a complainer
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:
Voting is over.

Hang on a second there Andy. I am not sure if you had seen my post above. You are saying your issue is Trademark and Copyright issues correct? If you are in love with the other design then say so. I have contacted EMI who is GM and I have worked with them before as has Race (Kenton) Why dont you wait a day or two for me to find out what there thoughts are with there trademark? If they say we can use it will you still have an issue? Chris

Edited to add: If the issue you are having is cost I can also get these done. IF we get GMs blessing with the logo.

[This message has been edited by cornersonrails (edited 02-18-2010).]

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Not to be a pain but I like the one with the logo in it too.... It is not a copyright issue if there is not intent to make any money on it . The think is a memoriam to tyler after all. Wish I could have been a member when all this transpired but I just now got here..... peace

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon: The quotation marks are out of place if you are not quoting a specific person and the yellow ribbon already signifies waiting for soldiers to come home safely from war, but whatever...

A few seconds with a pair of scissors will remedy that.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

A few seconds with a pair of scissors will remedy that.

Honestly, I noticed that...
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Apparently, holding a vote was pointless. Seeing as how both were yellow and black I don't see how the supposedly more popular one would be more expensive

Sorry it ended up that way, but the one Daniel made does not have black in it, the black outline he had on there is just for contrast to show the border.

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Hang on a second there Andy. I am not sure if you had seen my post above. You are saying your issue is Trademark and Copyright issues correct? If you are in love with the other design then say so. I have contacted EMI who is GM and I have worked with them before as has Race (Kenton) Why dont you wait a day or two for me to find out what there thoughts are with there trademark? If they say we can use it will you still have an issue? Chris

Edited to add: If the issue you are having is cost I can also get these done. IF we get GMs blessing with the logo.

I thank you for your efforts, but I have already promised to a member that he could make these, and I decided that we would not use logos so that we avoid any problems.

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Not to be a pain but I like the one with the logo in it too.... It is not a copyright issue if there is not intent to make any money on it .

These decals are being made by a professional sign company, so somebody is making money off of them.

This thread is taking a turn that I do not want it to take, please let's keep bickering out of this. Nobody is twisting anyone's arm to get these decals from me, so if you do not agree with my choices, you may have your own decal made. My intent with this decal is simple, to honor Tyler, and to keep the price so low that ANYONE could afford one.

Let's please keep the posts to orders and will-buys only.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock