Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Anyone know the air filter part number on a Kinsler / Hilborn SD4 intake?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Anyone know the air filter part number on a Kinsler / Hilborn SD4 intake? by FieroMonkey
Started on: 12-19-2009 10:37 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: FieroMonkey on 12-21-2009 06:44 PM
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
I am running the single oval K&N Super Duty air filter on the intake, but want to switch to the 4 small individual air filters, one per port, which I think are K&N but I have no idea what the part number is for them.

I am trying to make more room under the hood and these will really make clearance much easier if I can find them.

If anyone can tell me what the part number is or point me towards someone who might know, I would appreciate it. I know I have seen pictures of them on another SD4 Fiero, just can't find a part number

Here is a couple pics of Stickman's to show what I am talking about

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 12-19-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
This might help. Not sure.
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
it does!

I should be able to get the part number once i measure the diameter of the ports, thank you!
FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Here is the one I ran on my Kinsler Injection setup. It is a KN special order from what I remember for the KEFI spacing.

I have tried to find the part number, but KN and Kinsler do not seem to list it. It was special made for the SD head setup, but the 702 head was the same port spacing.

*edit* ok, I found the old Kinsler part number 5119 . I looked on KN racing site however and did not find it there. Kinsler had about 8 of these in stock back in 1996.

http://www.fastfieros.com

[This message has been edited by FastFieros (edited 12-20-2009).]

RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
The info I have on these is obsolete, but you just might get lucky and find some sitting somewhere. I have gotten very lucky finding early SD stuff that I needed for mine for an authentic refresh. My K&N price sheet from 1990 lists these shorter filters as SP-1201 with Kinsler Four Port Injection. That P/N is obviously out of date and taking a peek at the current K&N catalog, I did not see this shorter type of filter. But, that is what they used for individual filters like in the picture:

For future reference, right out of the super duty magazines, the single oval four port is K&N P/N is SP-2477.

There was also a pair of smaller ovals for the weber carb set up, but I am not seeing a specific P/N listed for those.

Well, I hope this helps you out Mike.

Fred
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

Thank you very much Fred and Loyde!

You have put me on the right track. I will contact K&N and see if they have the shorter single filters like in the picture above.

I have the larger single oval K&N similar to the one Loyde had on his set up, only with the Super Duty Pontiac logo on the top. The one in the image you posted I think Fred. Same exact filter I am pretty sure. Mounts on the top of the 4 aluminum trumpets. I will snap some pics tomorrow. I want to get a stock hood to close without cut outs and I think the only way I can do it is with the older shorter individual filters.

I hope K&N or someone has them. Not sure what else to do except maybe tilt the motor forward and use custom L-bend trumpts to stuff the oval K&N in tight beside the trunk wall. That would be a lot of mount modifications though.

Honestly I am not sure If I have ever seen someone use this intake on a Fiero without cutting the hood.

-Michael

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 12-21-2009).]

FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Here is the only other 2 pics I have the KFI setup. this is when it was a mechanical system. I later changed it over to EFI running the Haltech F7 box on it. Be sure to get the dial a jet you see in the photo of the cockpit area. Those are nice. The direct drive fuel pump was from KFI also.

http://www.fastfieros.com
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Very nice, clean set-up Loyde.

Mine is running the EFI set-up as well. Runs nice and smooth I think.

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 12-21-2009).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock