ANOTHER...LAST GTA FALL CRUISE: ESCARPMENT COUNTRY by OHNIKO
Started on: 10-22-2009 11:59 AM
Replies: 23
Last post by: OHNIKO on 11-10-2009 08:37 AM
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
OH YA!

BY POPULAR DEMAND...
the next tentative fall cruise is happening, & very likely the last formal one for this year as a group...so mark your calendars for another scenic tour:

Sunday November 1st, 2009.

This one is different from the others as it can be (& is!!!) a high performance run.
I've seen speed bikes do this one frequently (and a Fiero or 2!)
It will take place through Halton Hills, Flamboro, Milton areas, with a lunch stop at the end.

It is NOT for the grand tourer, sunday driver or those faint of heart or stomach.
We do pull some G's, squeal the rubber & break the tires loose.
You need good eye, hand, foot coordination on this one.
JC bars would be helpful for passengers wanting to partake.
You need good brakes, steering & suspension.
We may hit some air.

You have been warned.

Included: lots of twisties, elevation changes, a high speed section, wonderful vistas, roads & spots along the way, plus a VERY high incline road!)

Ask Dave E Buoy & Sue about their opinion on this one!: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/072377.html

This one should be especially nice as the leaves have been in full splendour..

It will start from the Walmart parking lot at Winston Churchill Blvd & just south of the 401 in Mississauga.
Meet up time will be at 9:30 am & departure at 10 am sharp.
Be food & gas filled so we can leave promptly at the designated time.

Keep posted here for the weather decision or other unforeseen events as we approach closer to cruise day...

Who's in? (tentative tally requested please.)

------------------
1985 RED & SILVER CUSTOM GT 2.8 V6...IT LOOKS NICE!

18" x 8" Original Roja's, 225-40-ZR18's up front, 265-35-ZR18's rears, Aerospeed adjustable coil-overs, KYB shocks, dropped 2"+, K&N filters, Holley side scoop, upgraded front & rear sway bars with poly, fully loaded, original paint!...and dreaming of a fierce 3800SC swap!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
me me me, oh and I hope you haven't scared off Lothar and Fran with that description

[This message has been edited by Dave E Bouy (edited 10-22-2009).]

87spyder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87spyderSend a Private Message to 87spyderDirect Link to This Post
NO-WAY!!! .... I'll just make sure Fran takes lots of GRAVOL!!.... We're In....hoping that the weather co-operates again....so, lets get an even bigger turnout.....Lothar

------------------
1988 Fiero GT (Stock)
1987 Fiero Coup Convertible 3.8 S.C.

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
cool!

3 fast Fiero's so far....

any other flatlanders willing to make some attitude & altitude changes??? ....or are ya....cluck, cluck, cluck...???!!!

(free bump 4 the weekend too)
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a blast really. I'd like to attend, but can't commit work on call and/or, if weather's dry out. Rob
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
I hope to make it out to this one, would be the last before I the GT goes away for another season of tear down and repair or replace parts.

------------------

G.T. Fieros

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2009 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
better hurry. down here (in the south)...... 'yall...fall be a fellin' .... i reckon....that i do....yup....

with this cold weather the leaves will be falling fast...hope for more color in the comming week ...but not sure.....good hunting....
Dan
Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2009 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
Damn... Nov 1st... i have to work that weekend My Fiero is already away for storage, but id love to join in my SKY. Too bad... ill have to catch it next year for sure. Have fun everyone!

Andy

------------------

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2009 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
also remember folks, we gain an hour Sat nite...and a sugar rush if u have any little goblins...
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2009 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
hey folks, ...by special invitation (ie. begging on their part) we may also have a mustang, an nsx & a ford gt joining us for this run!!!

...if they can keep up...lol.

so far wx looks cool & cloudy, but no precipitation...will monitor...
Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by OHNIKO:

we may also have a mustang, an nsx & a ford gt joining us for this run!!!

Blasphemy LOL

Here's the weekend forecast

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAON0696

I'll be there but no Sue B Do. I think Phil may come along instead

PFF
System Bot
rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
I might be able to make this one, I'm gonna try, car is still a work in progress, too many fiero's, such little time.
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saber49:

Damn... Nov 1st... i have to work that weekend My Fiero is already away for storage, but id love to join in my SKY. Too bad... ill have to catch it next year for sure. Have fun everyone!

Andy

hey , sorry u can't make it...but maybe someone can borrow your SKY for the day ???!!!

Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
Well gentleman.... this opportunity is way too good to pass up.... and i loved it last year... so i worked my day off this week, and now i have sunday off!!!! see you there!!!!

Andy

------------------

CheshireGrin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinDirect Link to This Post
man i wish my car was done so i could go... how many fiero clubs do we have in ontario / southwestern ontario?
Ryan
mwhite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwhiteSend a Private Message to mwhiteDirect Link to This Post
I am guessing that you will be going through the forks of the Credit. It is a really fun road, I used to chase down some of the sport bikes with my old Grand Am on that road. If you want to get some air, Try Shaw's Creek Road just north of Belfountain. There are a few hills that crest real quick. A friend let me drive a CO4 Corvette on those hills, his mistake. I wish my car was on the road, but it will have to wait till next year. What time would you Guess as I would like to see some of the local Fiero's?
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
wx looks good, it's a go!

depart at 10 am, don't ferget we gain an hour 2nite.

FOTC is not part of this run, but can do another time. Other fun roads are included in this one, will not disappoint!
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
As posted in the GT Fieros Forum (edited for date change)

Well I'm offically out of it today. Got the SE up and running Saturday, so I brought it home with me. Drive home was fine, no problems at all. Try to go out 2 hrs later to visit a friend and nothing but problems. First the car starts up fine, let it warm up then the power start flickering on and off. Loose battery connection, fix that easily, then it won't idle, just keeps dying on me. Figure it might be low on gas, fill the tank 30 liters, so there was some gas left in it, but still won't idle on it's own, have to keep my foot on the gas. Descided to turn around, went back home & switch cars for the night. Now it won't even start at all. I know I'm geting fuel at the rail (hands stinks of gas now) but have to check in the morning (today now) if I got spark. All my tools, spare parts & Fiero GT are back in my storage unit and it doesn't open till Noon.

Have a good time today, while I'm tracking down more issues with the daily driver.

------------------

G.T. Fieros

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post

x-thumpr-x

1992 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Went out to fix the car and it started up on the first try

------------------

G.T. Fieros

rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
Sigh! I enjoyed the "air time" I made it home, and a thanks for the help. I came across 407, battery got it within about 2 miles of home. Samantha (G.F.) came to boost/charge the battery on her lunch hour. I have two good alternators both are the MSD 160 amp, PN 5110 but no pulley at the moment, I'm gonna call Summit in the morning, I'll gotta get a few things, the big tube of Prothane grease and a Koni coilover sleeve kit PN , 30.0000.1
Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rourke_87_T-Top:

Sigh! I enjoyed the "air time" I made it home, and a thanks for the help. I came across 407, battery got it within about 2 miles of home. Samantha (G.F.) came to boost/charge the battery on her lunch hour. I have two good alternators both are the MSD 160 amp, PN 5110 but no pulley at the moment, I'm gonna call Summit in the morning, I'll gotta get a few things, the big tube of Prothane grease and a Koni coilover sleeve kit PN , 30.0000.1

Glad you made it out! As far as the alternators go can't you just take the pulley from the bad alternator and swap it over? Saves time and $$$$$. See you next season.

Dave
PFF
System Bot
Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
Love this cruise! Had a great time again. Thanks Nick. See all you guys next year, have a great off season!

Dave
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
So where's all the pics and who attended?

------------------

G.T. Fieros

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
ha, no pics, all driving!!! (needed both hands on the wheel)..
started off with 5, ended up with 3!
sorry you missed it, but man it was a blast!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock