Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Red River Ruckus 2009-Oct 9-Oct11 Baytown Texas Picture Thread (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Red River Ruckus 2009-Oct 9-Oct11 Baytown Texas Picture Thread by MstangsBware
Started on: 10-09-2009 11:55 PM
Replies: 112
Last post by: josef644 on 10-23-2009 10:00 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Yeah--sure Jonathan-- all the Fieros in Texas can't hide something that bright yellow. The sun even knew it couldn't compete so it stayed away all weekend.. Canaries wept in their own insecurity.
IP: Logged
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the 2nd page Don. That first page is a killer, and I have DSL.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

Horrible yellow coupe

That would be "Horrible yellow FORMULA" , sir. See that v6 back there?... Might need to get you some unfogged glasses...

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 10-14-2009).]

AutoMark

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by AutoMark (edited 10-15-2009).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoMark:

Ok it took a day or two longer than i thought... but as promised (hope it works)

Outstanding!!!

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
This was really a fantastic Ruckus... Don did an outstanding job in making us feel welcome in Baytown.
Joe did great on the shirts... I really like the pocket!
I know both of you men worked hard and had substantial amounts of time, headache, and worry invested in making this shouw a success.
Please know that it was.

I thank you. You served the Ruckus tradition very proud... Either of you men have a head or car count?

Many of my pics are similar to those already posted... but I tried to get some unique ones. I'll try to name faces and car owners as I can...
I thought this was a cool logo for the Baytown ferry service. Very appropriate for the Houston region.

It was nut to butt loading the ferry full of Fiero's... Here are the Okies about 1" off revin's bumper.

Enjoying the ride are Chris Reinke, MstangsBWare, Lisa Reinke, Jarhead, revin, BoostedSeries1, Tom Slick, Ellen, and seated is sanderson.

It's late, I'll post some more tomo!

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 03-17-2011).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Ok it took a day or two longer than i thought... but as promised (hope it works)

Very Nice!

BTW,
Blake, thanks for putting names to the faces. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing Fieros but, I really don't go to events to look at cars, I like meeting the people that own, modify and drive those cars. Thanks again.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-14-2009).]

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post

REALLY wish I could've made it.
Looks like everyone had fun....but I had to make sure I could pay the bills this month.

Don - the Indy looks GREAT! So glad to know that it went to such a wonderful home.

Hope to see some of you soon.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CenTexIndy:

REALLY wish I could've made it.
Looks like everyone had fun....but I had to make sure I could pay the bills this month.

Don - the Indy looks GREAT! So glad to know that it went to such a wonderful home.

Hope to see some of you soon.

It looked terrible. It had rained most of the week leading up to RRR, including thurs-thurs night-and all day Friday. My driveway is sand, as is the roadway on my property, which is 1/4 mile long, then another 1/2 mile of iron ore county roadway just to get to blacktop. Had to stop and open/close 2 gates getting out of my property which meant sand & mud on my feet.

Tried twice thurs and thursday night to wash it, but the weather and road didn't cooperate, and by the time I drove down to Baytown, it looked even worse.

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Another video from trip... This is from the battleship Texas... so, heres the NTFC president and my chauffeur (for the day) So, turn up the volume and get a tissue ready! Hahahahahah

Did ya find your leak?
PFF
System Bot
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
oops--wrong guy? I'm terrible at putting usernames with real names. I thought the 84 driver with the coolant leak was riding with Blake.
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I'm on dialup--couldn't get the video to load yet.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Another video from trip... This is from the battleship Texas... so, heres the NTFC president and my chauffeur (for the day) So, turn up the volume and get a tissue ready! Hahahahahah

Priceless!

Ron

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

That's just wrong on many levels...good thing I didn't fire that video up in a room full of people here at work.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Now that was the funnist thing I've ever seen. Ya get a + from me.
Joe
Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

oops--wrong guy? I'm terrible at putting usernames with real names. I thought the 84 driver with the coolant leak was riding with Blake.

Hi Don,

I'm the guy with the coolant leak, and no I haven't had the chance to investigate yet. It's rained every day here in good ol' Terrell until today.
Since I don't have a garage and only a dirt driveway, I'm at complete mercy of the weather.
I think while I'm investigating, I'll also go ahead and do all of the hose change outs, and engine flush, after I determine where the leak is coming from.

I do want to thank you, Jane and Joe for a great RRR8, and for assisting me with my ailing car. Thank you also Blake for saving the day for me. And I also want to thank Tom Slick for his reserve coolant, glad it was available had I needed it.

I had a GREAT time.

See you all at the next club meet..

Jim
book1988

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for book1988Click Here to visit book1988's HomePageSend a Private Message to book1988Direct Link to This Post
No excuses for not being there Friday, but glad I got there for the SNS? on Saturday AM. Great bunch of people and a lot of energy. I was impressed with the number of engine conversions. I hope to join the group for future functions. Thanks Don, Joe and MaryJane. Ray B

[This message has been edited by book1988 (edited 10-14-2009).]

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by book1988:

No excuses for not being there Friday, but glad I got there for the SNS? on Saturday AM. Great bunch of people and a lot of energy. I was impressed with the number of engine conversions. I hope to join the group for future functions. Thanks Don, Joe and MaryJane. Ray B

Please make note: Ray B and ray b, are NOT the same person!
PFF
System Bot
DCRFiero1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Glad to see so many pictures and video. I took some pics but none are good enough to post. Dang iphone. That was a fun trip. My favorite part had to be when we tore up the beach! I wish I got some video of that. Cant wait for the next Ruckus!

Zach
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
That latest video.
On MY Texas!!!
So wrong--soo soo wrong.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-14-2009).]

revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
nobody got video of my no hand donut??!?!?!
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

nobody got video of my no hand donut??!?!?!

It was an impressive no hand donut but unfortunately I was so overwhelmed I forgot to turn the camera on.
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post

Every USN sailor stationed around the world just felt the same disturbance in the force. You need to be thrown in the brig for that one.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I counted about 15 fieros,..would attendees say that is accurate ?
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
Revin and Zach, PM me ur email address and ill email video to yall

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
I counted about 15 fieros,..would attendees say that is accurate ?

I counted 20 at the motel before the cruise but am not sure if they were all lined up or not. Several people did not go on the cruise. It took 3 ferry trips to get us all across the ship channel.
There was 1 Fiero on the 1st Ferry with me, 14 on the 2nd ferry, and I do not know how many on the 3rd ferry. I have a picture--not posted--that shows 15 adjacent parking spots filled at the battleship, with a couple more parked out in other spaces.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
sigh... instead of awkward dancing, how about more photos...?

San Jacinto is a very special place to all Texans. On this site..., a poorly equipped, outnumbered, untrained, volunteer Texas army took on The Napoleon of the West... General Santa Anna. On this revered site, 9 Texans gave their life to establish a nation. 700 Mexican regulars were killed, over 600 more captured... including the wooden legged General.
It was to this spot that the Ruckus organizers took us, and it was special to share it with like minded friends.

Here's a shot of brother JScott on the roll. If you look very closely... he's waving at us.
This is one of my favorite photos of the trip.

The next pics' area had a stele that explained that the heaviest fighting and most deaths of the battle occured in this area. I suspect that a disorganized Mexican retreat bogged down in this area and the Texas Army made good on the promise to Remember the Alamo and Goliad.
I like the lonely tree, it seems to be bowing in respect to this place of death.

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 04-21-2011).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
The San Jacinto State Park is also home to the Battleship TEXAS. She made this sequence of photos possible.

USS Texas is the oldest surviving dreadnought, only 1 of 6 ships remaining that fought in both Wars. In WWII, she served in both theaters.
She was grand when I was a kid. She is grand as I am an adult.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleship_Texas

Boarding the vessel are sanderson, Kevin with rabbit ears, Ellen Anderson, Jim, Tom Slick with iPhone, Zac (DCRfiero), and MstangBWare.
I talked to a Park Ranger a few minutes, she told me that last year, the bruising Hurricane Ike, flooded the State Park. The storm surge line was about 18" below where the battleship goes from dark gray to the light(er) gray. It is hard to get a perspective on how high that really is.

Here's a camera shot across the bow. You can see the monument and reflecting pool in the background, Fiero's on the back row.
Interestingly, this land belonged to the first Vice President of the Republic of Texas, de Zavala. He was rowboating in this area and flipped over, caught pneumonia, and died six months after Texas won its' independence.
He is buried in the family cemetery in the grove of trees beyond the bus.

Zooming in on the Fiero's from high on the battleship. From left to right... the Fiero owners are:
revin, blakeinspace, MstangsBWare, DCRfiero, F355spyder, Tom (from OK), dgzfiero (OK), Tom Slick, sanderson, cliffW, Gene H., AutoMark, fieroReinke, JScott, and Jarhead2m4 in the foreground. As mentioned elsewhere... we had more Fiero's attend. Lost 1 to a coolant leak on the cruise. Several locals made the meet and greet but not the cruise. A late comer, a white GT from Beuamont joined us also.

That's it for now... tired. Will post more tomo.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 03-17-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Fierosmith's 84 'marked' it's territory at a National Historical Landmark.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-15-2009).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69668 posts
Member since Apr 2001

As for the Texas, even tho it seems to be bristling with armaments now, during war time in the Pacific, it had many more, including dozens of 50 and 30 cal machineguns anywhere they could find a place to mount one, including all along the guard rails on each side. There are still a lot of AA mounts missing in gun tubs, and even some of the tubs are missing.

When we left the interstate, and came to the 4 way stopsign on our way to the Lynchburg Ferry, we turned left. Had we turned right, and gone 3.4 miles, we would have been in front of the house I grew up in. At night, I could see the monument all lit up from our front porch. Back in the mid 50s-early 60s, the restrictions you encounter on BB35 today, were non-existant--you could wander just about every portion of the ship, including climbing the steel ladders going up to the "crows nest". On the aftmost 14" turret, the breeches were open. I was too young to remember it, but according to my mother--- my father, who was small in physical stature, crawled tru one of the 14" gun barrels.

Did anyone get a picture going down the road toward the ferry where the water was inches from the roadway?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Sounds and looks like a great event. Wish I could have been there. Next one is in OK huh? Where and when, if finances allow, the lord's willing and the creek don't rise, I'd like to attend. And, if I can make it, I'll badger John Stricker till he caves in and comes too.

Ron
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
You and John, and anyone else are welcome to join us in Oklahoma next October. Final dates are up to the local hosts of the event, usually decided dependant on what works best for most of the attendees. Discussion thus far, has centered around Turner Falls Okla.

Personal notes to follow.

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

sigh... instead of awkward dancing, how about more photos...?

San Jacinto is a very special place to all Texans. On this site..., a poorly equipped, outnumbered, untrained, volunteer Texas army took on The Napoleon of the West... General Santa Anna. On this revered site, 9 Texans gave their life to establish a nation. 700 Mexican regulars were killed, over 600 more captured... including the wooden legged General.
It was to this spot that the Ruckus organizers took us, and it was special to share it with like minded friends.

and they did it in 18 MINUTES!

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

and they did it in 18 MINUTES!

good thing----
there were 2 Mexican Army divisions in reserve--less than 75 miles from San Jacinto.

book1988

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for book1988Click Here to visit book1988's HomePageSend a Private Message to book1988Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

Please make note: Ray B and ray b, are NOT the same person!

There's another ray b out there? Gotta meet him someday. Ray B
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by book1988:

There's another ray b out there? Gotta meet him someday. Ray B

Careful what you ask for Ray.
He is from Fla tho. His username here is RayB.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I had a harddrive crash yesterday taking all my pics from the weekend with it...after several hours I have been able to recover everything... so here is the wonderful window video that Mstangs wanted...enjoy!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock