We lost a fellow member :( by MooCow
Started on: 10-07-2009 02:38 PM
Replies: 69
Last post by: FieroRumor on 10-11-2009 09:13 AM
NCTyphoonKid

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierfly:

Let's show his family what an impression this guy made on us all.

I want to see a lot of Fieros there Saturday.

My car isn't tagged and insured yet so I'll be in my Typhoon probably with Paul

[This message has been edited by NCTyphoonKid (edited 10-08-2009).]

IP: Logged
RCW

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCWSend a Private Message to RCWDirect Link to This Post
Condolences to his family and friends,
RIP
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. This year has been a devastating year for me; I lost my Mother during a bypass operation and less than five months later my best friend like a brother to me passes away at 37. Prayers are going your way.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
MooCow sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and a fellow fiero lover.

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

RIP Fiero Friend.

x2.
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Skoon was a great guy in general. He was always willing to help in any way possible. Every time I went down to see him, I went for something simple, but ended up hanging out with him till the wee hours of the morning. He was just that much fun to be around. Of all the friends I have lost in my life...I think this one hurts the most. He will definitely be missed by all that knew him.
Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MooCow:
Also sometime next week his brother is going to get with me about all of his Fiero parts. Anyone that knew skoon, knows he has a lot of parts I will post something on here about the parts when I have more info.

R.I.P.

Just a small idea but I think it would be good if you were able to sell the parts and use the proceeds to help with funeral costs or anything else along those lines.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I never knew Shawn, but I offer my condolences to his friends and family.
He was way too young.

Peace.
MooCow

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowDirect Link to This Post
Since his family is not an active member they asked me to pass this along:

Thank you for all of the kind words about my brother. I don't think it needs to be said, but he was a great guy. Some of you know him more than others, but its obvious that he had some affect on many of you. I hope that the impressions that he made on everyone is the best of Shawn. He was a great person to talk to, listen to, laugh with and just plain hang out with. He was also the first person I would've turned to if I got into a tough spot. Shawn was a soldier and fought for our freedom, but never asked for anything back. He just wanted to help people, make people laugh and drive/build one of his dream cars (a 1984 Fiero). Again, thank you for all the kind words, and I hope that he is never forgotten by your community as he will never be forgotten by me or my family. My family also thanks everyone for their kind words and thoughts and prayers. This is a pretty tough time, but with people like you, this heart break is less difficult knowing that he made this type of a difference in this world. Thank you all!

The Schoonmaker Family.

I will be attending the visitation for sure. Not much for funerals however Hopefully there will be a few Fiero's there.

Ken~
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Very sad.

I did not have the honor of knowing him, but prayers go out for his friends and family.
PFF
System Bot
Small town fool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Small town foolSend a Private Message to Small town foolDirect Link to This Post
R.I.P.
NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post
Everybody that is going to the funeral and memorial and has a Fiero shirt wear it

[This message has been edited by NCTyphoonKid (edited 10-08-2009).]

jpmurray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jpmurraySend a Private Message to jpmurrayDirect Link to This Post
Man, I'm so sorry to hear this. I didn't know skoon, but had bumped into him thru threads a few times. What an intensely helpful guy!!
To his family... please know that I'm praying for you tonite and will remember you as the funeral services come and go.
Jason
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
My thoughts and Prayers go out to his family.

Rich
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
May the good Lord welcome our fallen brother with open arms in heaven.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

MooCow

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowDirect Link to This Post
I just heard from his family that they are trying to setup a reserved parking place for Fiero's only. So anyone coming in their Fiero try to park in this area

Ken~
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I think we should all do something nice for him.. I didn't know him but I think it would be a huge honor for his family if we talked the fiero store into using his car in their yearly calander. What do you think? Anyone have good pics?

R.I.P.
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
It's too soon for this to be on the second page...so here's a bump. I'm not looking forward to saying goodbye to him tomorrow, but it must be done.
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2009 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
Sigh... going to bed.. see you guys in the morning.
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Special thoughts and prayers go out to his family .... RIP Fiero brother
NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post
I just got back from the memorial/funeral. We gave the Schoonmaker's a pic of skoons car and they seemed to be pleased by the pic also everyone that had a fiero signed the back of the picture.Also Ken you have a PM
Korey
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Oh $hit He was a great guy, bought some 88 rear control arms from me back in may, and never had a smoother transaction.

He also was the FIRST person to get on board to give Never2Old the Thank you Gift Cards for his unselfish donation of the custom made plates; https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...4/HTML/043140-9.html
Skoon was a Stand up guy, and WILL be missed.

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post
My condolences go out to his family and friends. RIP Skoon
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2009 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
Skoons uncle passed around a bottle of Jack Daniels at the end of the service. "What would Shawn have wanted us to remember him ~ *Pulls out 5th and passes it around*" It was a really great service. I know his family was pleased that as many of us came with support.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
This is one of the saddest posts that I have read in a long time. A young giving and loving person had his life cut short because of a freak accident. Like Skoon I also sleep with a loaded pistol at my bedside but it is in a holster on the bedpost, not under the pillow. If there is anything to be learned from this terrible tragedy, it is to never sleep with a loaded pistol in your bed. Keep your pistol in a holster tied to the bedpost. It is safe there and you can have your hand on it in an instant ready to defend. If I would have known I would have said something to Skoon about his dangerous habit. Too bad it had to end this way.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Didn't know him, but if he loved Fiero's, then that's good enough for me. RIP Fiero friend.

Jim
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
My condolences go out to his family. RIP Skoon

Spoon
ps: No pun intended
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
R.I.P.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock