Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Craigslist find......... Unique... To say the least (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Craigslist find......... Unique... To say the least by FieroFury33
Started on: 10-03-2009 10:48 PM
Replies: 50
Last post by: Custom2M4 on 10-15-2009 08:02 PM
Mr_jacob7

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr_jacob7Send a Private Message to Mr_jacob7Direct Link to This Post
beats the smart car.
IP: Logged
matchmade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for matchmadeSend a Private Message to matchmadeDirect Link to This Post
.... that's hideous. "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

Still... it could be saved. I have seen other Fiero roadsters out there, and while I would never own one because it rains too often in Missouri and I have no garage.

Things that could save it, call Norm and order a front clip immediately. Weld in a couple of hoops behind the seats in case of roll over. Take that wing to a recycling center and fill the holes. Fill that taillight panel completely and make provisions for different tail lights (Maybe 2010 Camaro taillights) Personally I would go a different direction wheel wise as well.

I like the smoothed molding, I wish mine was sans-molding (I may venture to try it on my project car). That's where my "praise" for this car ends though.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
It looks as though the front end melted! Kind of like a candle that stayed on all night long. Maybe someone should buy this poor 'vert before the owner melts the back end as well.

Cordially,
Kevin
JCL86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCL86GTClick Here to visit JCL86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to JCL86GTDirect Link to This Post
eeeewwwwwwwww looks like something a vacuum cleaner used to livewith.

------------------
86 GT 2.8L Auto
Stuff4Toys

Kerusso Christian Wear Dual Pro Battery Chargers

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
So, why are people saying that they did a pretty good job on the "soft top" or that they ruined a good convertible?
It looks like he just took a hack saw and cut the notch back pillars near the bottom. I don't see any kind of top folded down or anything. Car is basically worthless.
formulachik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formulachikSend a Private Message to formulachikDirect Link to This Post
AH! that is the ugliest thing i've ever seen. I hope he accidently added two zeros on that price. bleh. poor fiero.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by aeffertz:

So, why are people saying that they did a pretty good job on the "soft top" or that they ruined a good convertible?
It looks like he just took a hack saw and cut the notch back pillars near the bottom. I don't see any kind of top folded down or anything. Car is basically worthless.

Its more or less of a speedster roadster. Ment for nice day driving only or of you feel like getting wet in the rain. God knows if he has braced the frame or not if not it will end up in 2 pieces.

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

A Convertable requires a top that can cover the car when required. This is a roadster. It appears that the spoiler is acting as a cage in the case of a roll over. The 100$ aluminum spoiler will take the cars weight.. rightt?

A roadster is a convertible with a backseat/rumbleseat not whether or not a roof can be put on or not. A fiero can't technically be a roadster.
The guys front is not the choice of most but without the grille you will never see the effect. He has started to smooth the rear i know what he is aiming for there was a similar post recently again not my favorite car but i am sure he is aiming for somthing like this.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
What about ths ugly POS on German eBay: http://cgi.ebay.de/Pontiac-...c0.m14#ht_978wt_1165
Dash

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DashSend a Private Message to DashDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

A roadster is a convertible with a backseat/rumbleseat not whether or not a roof can be put on or not. A fiero can't technically be a roadster.
The guys front is not the choice of most but without the grille you will never see the effect. He has started to smooth the rear i know what he is aiming for there was a similar post recently again not my favorite car but i am sure he is aiming for somthing like this.

i love this car. ive looked through the pics over and over and im madly in love with the process
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/roadster

roadster [ˈrəʊdstə]
n
1. (Engineering / Automotive Engineering) an open car, esp one seating only two
2. a kind of bicycle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convertible
WiKi - A convertible is a type of automobile in which the roof can retract and fold away, converting it from an enclosed to an open-air vehicle.

It's not a "convertible", unless it can convert from an open air vehicle back to a closed air vehicle.

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 10-15-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay