Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Michigan International Speedway (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Michigan International Speedway by Capitol City Fiero
Started on: 05-10-2009 02:06 PM
Replies: 57
Last post by: KN16 on 08-05-2009 07:58 AM
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I can't come. I'm tied up with family, but, a run sounds like a real blast.

See you later though.

Arn

------------------

page 2

[This message has been edited by Arns85GT (edited 07-30-2009).]

IP: Logged
Capitol City Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
Weather For Brooklyn, MI the home of Michigan International Speedway

High 0f 80'

AM clouds
PM sun

only 10% chance of rain
87 REGISTRY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 REGISTRYSend a Private Message to 87 REGISTRYDirect Link to This Post
We will be meeting you on Saturday here in Lansing. Looking forward to a great week-end.
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Have fun! Sounds like a great weekend.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:
well....rear ended a mini van on the way into work this morning.....
not a major hit - car is driving just fine - but - the front of the hood is alot uglier now
right now - I think I'll still be OK for this - but, I'll be giving it quite a looky over Saturday

after getting home, I found the hood impossible to open - it slid back 1/2", and there are apparantly safety stops, which will catch the hood, and keep it in place. took a few wacks with a sledge hammer to move it back forward enough to get off the posts, and the hood opened. removed the hinges from the hood - they were bent, flattened them back, put the hood back. no mechanical or structural damage at all. just the top of the nose & the hood are scraped up. I'm all good for Sunday.
and, now have an excuse to swap for a GT nose
Blueiii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiDirect Link to This Post
I plan to swing out to the car show and look for a few of you guys out there on Saturday. My dad and I will meet up with you either at breakfast OR at MIS, since the track is only 4 miles from his house. We'll stick around for post-track activities as well.

Look for the multi-colored 87 GT!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

after getting home, I found the hood impossible to open - it slid back 1/2", and there are apparantly safety stops, which will catch the hood, and keep it in place. took a few wacks with a sledge hammer to move it back forward enough to get off the posts, and the hood opened. removed the hinges from the hood - they were bent, flattened them back, put the hood back. no mechanical or structural damage at all. just the top of the nose & the hood are scraped up. I'm all good for Sunday.
and, now have an excuse to swap for a GT nose

bummer on the wreck, kudos on making it!
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2009 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
Bump for day-of event. See you there!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2009 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Bob for making this happen! We had to bug out to make it to work in time.

more pics at http://s214.photobucket.com...009%20MIS/?start=all

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Separated at birth?

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Blueiii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2009 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiDirect Link to This Post
I somehow was so overcome with all the Fieros in one place I didn't notice the flip flop two tones!

1.) I cannot believe how much faster a stock 2.8 with a 4 speed can pull away, even if the cat is. . . umm. . . not present.
2.) I was oddly re-considering going orange again
3.) The Red GT took me a while to notice. DANG was that thing clean.
4.) I saw a lot of cars that I had to say, "not my personal style, but I respect it anyway."
5.) Motor swaps are FTW.
6.) I designated myself as the ugliest Fiero present
7.) When we got off the track, my dad's response was, "Stop messing with making it look good. Get the motor swap done." He's only a car-guy in a far away past.

My favorite picture of the day was the last one I took, outside of the MIS "Welcome" sign. I'm looking forward to a before and after by next year.

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2009 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blueiii:
6.) I designated myself as the ugliest Fiero present

thanks! thats usually my role

but, my accident on thursday has me on track for FINALLY doing bodywork & a paint job

PFF
System Bot
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2009 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
We had a great time - thanks to everyone.

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2009 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
Many thanks to Bob, Capitol City Fieros, and Michigan International Speedway for a great time and experience! Look forward to next year!

-ryan
KN16

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2009 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KN16Click Here to visit KN16's HomePageSend a Private Message to KN16Direct Link to This Post
Track run, just another thing.... Having your burger modified by Sinister Performance PRICLESS!!!

But seriously folks a lot happened that weekend. The Showboat Park car show was attended by 4 Fieros which collected 3 plaques for "Top Fifty" cars and a trophy for longest distance travelled. No small feat as there was some impressive hardware there.

After the show while we were at dinner a gentleman offered us a piece of Fiero history, a sample GT wheel not powder coated. Fred Bartemeyer says the wheel is "very special" He will be reaserching it to find the rest of the story...

Special thanks to Bob & Shelly for the car show they held on their lawn

I'll post links to show & track run pix when I get 'em on line!!!

-Ken
KN16

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KN16Click Here to visit KN16's HomePageSend a Private Message to KN16Direct Link to This Post
Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Ken we had a lot of fun Just wait till next year
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
This summer has been the summer of all conflicts. Hopefully I can join you in 2010.
KN16

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2009 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KN16Click Here to visit KN16's HomePageSend a Private Message to KN16Direct Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock