Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  New design Getrag slave cylinders (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
New design Getrag slave cylinders by Rodney
Started on: 01-08-2009 08:02 AM
Replies: 45
Last post by: CoolBlue87GT on 10-06-2009 10:04 AM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2009 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Got my order yesterday. Thanks Rodney for the quick response.

Check & fill reservoir

Check often

Since it was a hot day, I put up my tent. Boy, glad I did.
It might look stupid to the neighbors, but kept me comfortable.

Had trouble the the bottom connection. Both connections are right hand thread,
but when one is upside down, you need to turn the wrench the other direction.

When I removed the nuts, one side came off stud and all.

New slave in place, with Rodney's bleeder. It worked pretty good. I found after getting
all the air out of the lines, I pushed the slave in three times, got the remaining air out.

Replace the bleeder for the regular plug. I put the rubber plug on top

Took the car for a test drive, the clutch works just great.

Stopped by the local Pontiac dealer, to take a few shots.

All I could see was a Fiero. The dealership was sold & the lot was cleared out overnight. It will be reopened soon.

Special thanks to TK , pontiackid8g & Rodney, they answered a few of my PM questions, and Rodney even took a Sunday phone call.
I knew you would figure it out. Hows it workin for ya?

IP: Logged
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
I installed mine last week, no more double pumping and bleeding, I'm also saving money on DOT 3.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I knew you would figure it out. Hows it workin for ya?

So far it feels very good. I had been adding Dot 3 every two - three days !! Last year I replaced the clutch master cylinder thinking that was the problem.

The next few days will prove that the whole system works.

While I was working on removing the old slave, the bottom supply line connection was not coming off. I got mad, sprayed it with Sea Foam Deep Creek penetrating oil. I gave Rodney a call to see if the direction I was trying to go was correct. - You know, "lefty loosie , rightie tightie"

Rodney suggested I might try vice grips. I returned to the project, looked at the new slave, discovered which ever connection was on the bottom needed to be loosened clockwise. Both fittings are right hand thread, so I tried the 14mm wrench one more time, clockwise, and to my surprise, it came off, as if it was just finger tight !

That Sea Foam stuff works great !! (and going the right direction)

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 10-06-2009).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

So far it feels very good. I had been adding Dot 3 every two - three days !! Last year I replaced the clutch master cylinder thinking that was the problem.

The next few days will prove that the whole system works.

While I was working on removing the old slave, the bottom supply line connection was not coming off. I got mad, sprayed it with Sea Foam Deep Creek penetrating oil. I gave Rodney a call to see if the direction I was trying to go was correct. - You know, "lefty loosie , rightie tightie"

Rodney suggested I might try vice grips. I returned to the project, looked at the new slave, discovered which ever connection was on the bottom needed to be loosened clockwise. Both fittings are right hand thread, so I tried the 14mm wrench one more time, clockwise, and to my surprise, it came off, as if it was just finger tight !

That Sea Foam stuff works great !! (and going the right direction)

Thats good. i know getting my old slave off was a breeze until it came to the line. stripped it a lil but still was able to use it and such. My slave has hit i think the 5k mile mark with no issues.

\

rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
I ordered the clutch repair line, my lower fitting / feed line was seized. when I went to remove the old leaking slave I held the lower fitting with a pair of vice grips and with a mini die grinder and a cut off wheel, I just went up and down carefully on the boss until I was a couple thou from the threads. it spun right off and saved me a bit of work. I did get into the threads in a couple spots but just wrapped it with teflon tape. I'm going to put the repair line on the shelf, I will need it eventually.

[This message has been edited by rourke_87_T-Top (edited 09-29-2009).]

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday while sitting at a red light, I discovered somthing with this new slave

I had the clutch in, trans in 1st gear for about a minute, then I remembered I'd not been able to do that for months !!

With the old slave, I'd push the clutch in with car in gear, then it would start to creep forward, as it would loose pressure.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock