Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  New idea on the widebody (lots cheaper) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
New idea on the widebody (lots cheaper) by vinny
Started on: 08-30-2007 11:03 PM
Replies: 103
Last post by: KVCFIERO on 08-30-2009 07:18 PM
dcfox

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
I kinda like the idea of a bolt on or stick on flare kit...but I think it would only look right with integrated rocker panels and possibly an integrated air dam to match.
The flares alone just look...well...uhhh....

------------------
--David

Black '86 GT-under construction
Silver '87 GT-daily driver

IP: Logged
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post

Hmmmmmmmmm..........................................................................
HAGO!
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcfox:

I kinda like the idea of a bolt on or stick on flare kit...but I think it would only look right with integrated rocker panels and possibly an integrated air dam to match.

Ive been working on that part and thought gees it needs flares.
http://www.muckup.com/side001.jpg
http://www.muckup.com/side002.jpg
http://www.muckup.com/side003.jpg
http://www.muckup.com/side004.jpg
http://www.muckup.com/side005.jpg
http://www.muckup.com/side006.jpg
crytical point

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crytical pointSend a Private Message to crytical pointDirect Link to This Post
after saying this about the fiero aftermarket the rest of the people that are so gung ho about everything can go and **** off, I own a 78 monza (vega body) now they made over 1 million h bodys but over 30 years later there are like NONE left and the fiero population is much higher than the H body's. Yet knowing the H body is a old car with parts that are hard to find and a aftermarket a fraction of the fiero's and I can get an ENTIRE fiberglass body with a one piece nose cheaper than archies kit. I can get headers for an engine only made for 2 years for a third of other headers offered for an engines that is in millions of cars. Kiss off because most people that defend the fiero aftermarket don't think of other rare cars because a porsche 914 - 916 wide body is what your looking to do to your fiero vinny, but when the aftermarket for a PORSCHE is cheaper than a Pontiac the market is rock bottom. I will enjoy building my own because I can do the work and will most likely but one thing of archie's and thats it.
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crytical point:

Anways lildevil you have the same cookie cutter set up as alot of other people so your a little off on individuality.

WTF? Has he seen your car, Lildevil? Dayum...

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcfox:

Past on the bolt on. It's old looking. Yes on stick or screw on flare kit . If it can look as clean as the Lotus flares it's perfect. The Lotus has similarities to the fastback. I think this type of widebody would look great but with the aero bumpers.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 09-13-2007).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I was home all day but missed a delivery i am assuming it is my wide body kit.
If so i will duct tape it on car and take some pics tomorrow.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian

4701 posts
Member since Sep 2004
false alarm. it was a momo horn i ordered that turned up ill keep waiting.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Whats the status on this?

Here are some nice looking and wide flares.... Of course they would need to me modified for the Fiero....

1984-1987 Toyota Corolla CBY Fender Flares.AE86 JDM
http://tinyurl.com/2qpl6h
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Whats the status on this?

Here are some nice looking and wide flares.... Of course they would need to me modified for the Fiero....

1984-1987 Toyota Corolla CBY Fender Flares.AE86 JDM
http://tinyurl.com/2qpl6h

I have purchased them i am awaiting them to arive i have already started widebodying the car around the side skirts and have gained about 3 inches either side so far. I used side skirts to suit an older model 4 door GTO only available in Oz
http://www.muckup.com/side005.jpg i am making it fit it certainly didnt come made to fit.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
http://www.muckup.com/australian005.jpg flared rear guard taped on
http://www.muckup.com/australian006.jpg flared rear guard taped on
http://www.muckup.com/australian007.jpg flared rear guard taped on
http://www.muckup.com/australian008.jpg flared front guard taped on
http://www.muckup.com/australian009.jpg custom bumper extensions not finished quick spray for pic
http://www.muckup.com/australian010.jpg custom bumper extensions with guards taped
http://www.muckup.com/australian011.jpg custom bumper extensions with guards

after taking the pics i realised the front guard was wrong guard i will move kit around a bit and take some different pics.

starting a build thread on this
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/067740.html
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I have glassed the rears on i will do the fronts if i have time tomorrow and take some pics wont get full effect until it is sanded properly. but it will give you an idea of what it will look like. From behind it now needs a wing again in my opinion.
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view. flared rear guard taped on
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view. flared rear guard taped on
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view. flared front guard taped on
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view. custom bumper extensions not finished quick spray for pic
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view. custom bumper extensions with guards taped
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view. custom bumper extensions with guards

Ack, I hate links... all better now.

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 11-03-2007).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
bamman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bammanSend a Private Message to bammanDirect Link to This Post
I have thought about bolt on fender flares. But have decided they would make my car look like it belong to a hillbilly trying to make his car look like something exotic that he saw in a car magazine that he was looking at, while the wife was buying food at the super market. Then I realized that I am a hillbilly but that I want to look like a city slicker or a yuppie, so no bolt on fender flares for me. I am thinking about up grading the sound system. I am not into this boom boom boom sound so, no ten inch woofers, but maybe two 8 inch tweeters. I can just here Luther's picking from my three vol. set of "Original Golden Hits of Johnny Cash and the Tennessee Two" now. and man am I excited. Think I will go get the jug from the celleer.
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
something that might help a few people...

...well, me really... but some others too...

...since i already have irm rocker scoops on two cars maybe a simpler piece that would go over the wheel well and work with the original irm rocker scoops. i know a lot of people have them, either the originals or the archie ones. they wouldn't have to be as wide as the widebody parts, just enough for like 255-285 type wheel-tire combos that are just peeking out of the stock wheel opening. just to bulk it up a little. then a matching spat like piece for the side of the rear facia like the 2nd gen. f-bodies had in front of the wheel well.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
I'm at a loss as to why people are slamming vinny. I haven't read where he slammed Archie at all, he even stated that he wasn't trying to offend anyone, just asking a question. Why are some of you guys so ready for a fight all of the sudden? Thats not what this forum is about. I don't have a problem with anybody that has posted here, actually look up to most of them, just curious as to what is going on.

Brad
redfieroman2

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2009 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redfieroman2Send a Private Message to redfieroman2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

NO, what they would be doing is stealing and they could sell them cheaper because they have no investment in R & D. If they designed their own and could still sell it cheaper then fine, but making a small change to someone elses design and selling it cheaper is pure theivery! I think Archies kit is priced reasonably and so I bought it, period. If you don't think it is worth the price, don't buy it, that is basic economics.
PS you can't argue with results

theivery THEIVERY? NO

not everybody has money to go buy an overpriced archie kit, if someone cloned his and made it theyre own and sold it at a cheaper price THEY WOULD BE LIKE JESUS CHRIST a savior.
Terry_w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vinny:

Everyone has seen a picture of a Pantera with them on (aftermarket). And if you say they don't look good then maybe a car hobby isn't for you.

First this thread is a little old to be dredging up but I hate statements like this. By now it should be obvious that people have different opinions of what looks good. The fact that I wouldn't have a set of bolt on flares (that the bolts still show, or even have a seam that shows) on my car if you made them and offered to install them on my car and paint them to match for FREE.

There are a lot of other mods that a lot of people on this forum pay a lot of money for that I wouldn't take for free. That's what's great about our cars. You can make them whatever you want.

It doesn't make me inferior to you on any level just because I can't stand what you (or anyone else on this forum) think is beautiful. Since your post says I shouldn't be in the hobby because I don't have the same tastes.

I didn't take this post as a dis on Archie (as some did) just a dis on anyone with different tastes.

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Whilst you guys were fighting i was getting inspired. This has been one of my most influential threads to do my build.
redfieroman2

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2009 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redfieroman2Send a Private Message to redfieroman2Direct Link to This Post
this thread is too old? this THREAD IS TOO OLD?

this damn thread is never gonna be too old untill someone does the fiero world a favor and clones the archie wide body and produces it for a good price.

I cant deny archie is a genius and the best but NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD HIM. Yes you get what you paid for but GOD DAMN let us poor people get our cloned kits

screw whoever called the creator of this thread a thief! YOur just selfish and dont want others to get that wide body

[This message has been edited by redfieroman2 (edited 08-16-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by redfieroman2:

this damn thread is never gonna be too old untill someone does the fiero world a favor and clones the archie wide body and produces it for a good price.

I cant deny archie is a genius and the best but NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD HIM. Yes you get what you paid for but GOD DAMN let us poor people get our cloned kits

screw whoever called the creator of this thread a thief! YOur just selfish and dont want others to get that wide body

Perhaps a job or proper money management priorities can help you afford archie's kit if you want it that bad. If you can't afford what is available on the market perhaps you should set your sights a little lower. Smaller body mods... or perhaps a geo metro.
redfieroman2

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2009 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redfieroman2Send a Private Message to redfieroman2Direct Link to This Post
^no offense but go fu*ck yourself
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
LoL
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post

^no offense but go fu*ck yourself

No offense... something more your price range.

You might want to tone that mouth down if you plan on staying here long. I was simply implying to perhaps set your sights lower until you have the money... instead of encouraging others to make piss poor copies of another persons product.

[This message has been edited by Nebiros88 (edited 08-16-2009).]

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

No offense... something more your price range.

You might want to tone that mouth down if you plan on staying here long. I was simply implying to perhaps set your sights lower until you have the money... instead of encouraging others to make piss poor copies of another persons product.

Nicely stated...but as you know, there are a lot of "cheap" Fiero owners out there. You see it all the time, people wanting a complete swapped engine in a nice Fiero for less than $3000, a low mileage 88 Fiero for under $2000, etc, etc, etc. The list goes on.

I suggest if you want a cheap kit, build it yourself instead of ripping off an active Fiero vendor.

Now if these were long gone and discontinued, that would be a different story.
iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterDirect Link to This Post

+1
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

Umm.... why did this thread suddenly take such a drastic turn?

Why are there people here arguing over a $2,000 widebody being expensive? Are some of you on here seriously mentally retarded?!? Seriously?!? I mean come on, when you think about it that's dirt cheap. Do you think that Archie's guys just were like "hmm... lets slap some sh** on a Fiero and sell it for a lot of money to people." Do some of you realize the amount of R & D and work that went into creating that widebody kit? I imagine that the work was well thought out and started WAY WAY before Archie posted the original thread asking for interest in a wide body kit. He had probably already accessed what needed to be done and how to do it.

How much are ya'll wanting this thing to be? $300-$500? That's f'ing ridiculous. Stop thinking about that cheap a** fiberglass body kit crap that appears on eBay. Those copies aren't even worth touching the cars they get put on. People think that just because you can copy a product that gives people reason to do it. Why do you think that real import aftermarket body companies such as Wings West and Bomex stop producing kits after a while? They know that eventually they'll just be copied and called something else, so they produce 'enough' and then go to the next car. Go on Bomex's web site and look how much a "REAL" body kit costs. I mean we're talking $1,200-$1,400 for a WONDERFUL quality product, not some cheap fiberglass that's gonna fall apart the second you drive over a speedbump.

Have some of you priced REAL widebody kits for other cars? Not remanufactured crap. Just look up how much it runs for a MKIV Supra or a Nissan Skyline. You'll be glad you're ONLY paying $2,000 for a Fiero kit.

You have to know too that somebody copying Archie's product would just be the lowest of lows. The Fiero community is so small that the second somebody did it and tried to sell it, they'd be found out. While I guess legal implementations would possibly be hard to force, word of mouth travels fast. I wouldn't purchase products from a copier. Plain and simple.

I'm sorry about what I've said, but I'm not here saying this to defend Archie at all. It's just getting a little tiring of the Fiero community wanting literally every single f'ing thing under the sun and then don't want to pay for it. Every single person here should be happy that what exists for Fieros does. If you're not happy with what's available, go get another car and leave your Fiero to somebody who will appreciate it.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Nicely stated...but as you know, there are a lot of "cheap" Fiero owners out there. You see it all the time, people wanting a complete swapped engine in a nice Fiero for less than $3000, a low mileage 88 Fiero for under $2000, etc, etc, etc. The list goes on.

There's lots of "Dreamers" who show up here with their newly purchased $500 Fiero and lots of BIG plans. A car like that usually require A LOT of work to start with, never mind the mods in his head. He'd have been better off saving a bit more on a much better Fiero to start with. Unfortunately, instead of adjusting their expectations and timeframe to their financial realities, they complain how "unfair" life is when they can't afford to do everything at once. (one character comes to mind)

There's many Fiero owners in the poor or cheap category. The "poor" HAVE no money and will likely have a hard time just affording maintenance/repairs on such an old car - they probably shouldn't have bought a Fiero in the first place if they need a Daily Driver. And the "cheap" do nothing but compare prices and think everyone is charging too much no matter what the price. A lot them wouldn't buy a Borla exhaust if it were $200.

The Fiero is a niche market with limited potential sales no matter what is available at any price. The Vendors know this. It's about time the rest of the people figured this out.

------------------

World of Wheels Winners
My 3.4L S/C 87 GT
& Super Duty 4 Indy

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-17-2009).]

redfieroman2

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-17-2009 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redfieroman2Send a Private Message to redfieroman2Direct Link to This Post

you should have responded like that the first time instead of being such a dick, you werent implying sh*t just tryna piss someone off with your smart ass response i stick by my response, ban me if you want but you started with the insults so it would only be just if you were banned too.

Anyways, the wide body kit would be fair if it were say 1200 or so, plus 300 to ship, anything over 1500 is ridiculous

[This message has been edited by redfieroman2 (edited 08-17-2009).]

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

There's lots of "Dreamers" who show up here with their newly purchased $500 Fiero and lots of BIG plans. A car like that usually require A LOT of work to start with, never mind the mods in his head. He'd have been better off saving a bit more on a much better Fiero to start with. Unfortunately, instead of adjusting their expectations and timeframe to their financial realities, they complain how "unfair" life is when they can't afford to do everything at once. (one character comes to mind)

There's many Fiero owners in the poor or cheap category. The "poor" HAVE no money and will likely have a hard time just affording maintenance/repairs on such an old car - they probably shouldn't have bought a Fiero in the first place if they need a Daily Driver. And the "cheap" do nothing but compare prices and think everyone is charging too much no matter what the price. A lot them wouldn't buy a Borla exhaust if it were $200.

The Fiero is a niche market with limited potential sales no matter what is available at any price. The Vendors know this. It's about time the rest of the people figured this out.

This is probably the best analogy of Fiero owners.

Anyways, the wide body kit would be fair if it were say 1200 or so, plus 300 to ship, anything over 1500 is ridiculous

No it wouldn't. Archie could price that kit at $999 and people would still bi*** and complain. Hell, he could give a few kits away and there'd be a four page thread here that would turn into an argument just because people are jealous.

$2,000 isn't expensive at all. Like I said, just go price some other wide body kits. You'll be paying $1,000-$1,200 just for the front bumper - and still have to buy the eight or so other pieces you'll need. In fact, when you REALLY think about it clearly, for the very small amount of kits Archie is producing $2,000 is very reasonable.

If I were serious about modding my Formula and already had the drivetrain sorted out, I'd dish out $2,000 for it because all I've seen now is nothing but greatness that his kit has produced.

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 08-17-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
2000.00 for a full wide body kit is more then reasonable. I have a mark III edition f150 with a wide body kit. Some discourteous driver cracked one of the rear flares in a parking lot on me and took off. I priced out the kit its 1500.00 to get a replacement wide body kit for the truck, they don't sell it piecemeal. The kit is little more then Three inches on each side and it bolts to the fenders and bed. It sounds small but the difference is enormous visually; thankfully it was an easier fix then i anticipated and i didn't need to fork out 1500.00 bucks. Then you have the rims necessary to complete the look my truck runs on Twelve inch deep rims with a Six inch lip to complete the wide look. All said and done rims, tires, wide body kit it would cost well over 3500 to replace or deck out another f 150 that way. Archies kit has the skirts, rear bumper, flares and front bumpers for a more then reasonable price tag.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 08-17-2009).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

screw whoever called the creator of this thread a thief! YOur just selfish and don't want others to get that wide body

http://www.fiberglasssite.com/servlet/StoreFront
Let us know when you are finished.
Its not rocket science, you don't need to rip off Archie. Make your own kit, he would be the first one to tell you to go for it. I bet before you get 1/3 of the way into it you will realize that $2000 for the kit is a good price.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
As I always state; you must price the rear rims and tires first. Any tire beyond a 255 will cost you a pretty pennie. Look to spend upwards of $250-400 and up for nice rear tires. Oh yeah, a 255 is the mininum for a 8" rim and using flares you'd need at least a 9-10" rim to pull the "look" off.

Also, you'd need coil overs if you have 84-87 Fiero due to clearance issues and possible TLC since the original rubber bushing and such are shot. Going widebody is more to due with maintenance than looks.

------------------

"I drive modified Fieros- anything less would be uncivilized."

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

As I always state; you must price the rear rims and tires first. Any tire beyond a 255 will cost you a pretty pennie. Look to spend upwards of $250-400 and up for nice rear tires. Oh yeah, a 255 is the mininum for a 8" rim and using flares you'd need at least a 9-10" rim to pull the "look" off.

Also, you'd need coil overs if you have 84-87 Fiero due to clearance issues and possible TLC since the original rubber bushing and such are shot. Going widebody is more to due with maintenance than looks.

X2........ the body is the cheep part of all of this by far!
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
X3. Although I think that any one with a mind set that a widebody is going to be cheap is going to think they can somehow magically pick up rims and tires that'll work for cheap too. Not going to happen.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2009 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

X3. Although I think that any one with a mind set that a widebody is going to be cheap is going to think they can somehow magically pick up rims and tires that'll work for cheap too. Not going to happen.

Yeah. It seems the ones with the biggest ideas have the least amount of money to follow through on them. aka Dreamers

Here's the progression of plans for their $500 Fiero.
First - a complete Lambo body kit. Too expensive.
Second - a partial body kit - like a widebody. Still too much.
Third - maybe a 355 front nose. Kinda do-able.
Then - now down to cheap bolt on stuff like flares and vents?
Finally - dump the Fiero because they can't afford basic repairs.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-18-2009).]

redfieroman2

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2009 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redfieroman2Send a Private Message to redfieroman2Direct Link to This Post
sounds like some bums be owning fieros from how you people talk
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2009 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
No it's not that. It's just again a lot of owners are not fully thinking this through.

Madcurl came up with some of the better points. You are not only going to have to purchase the correct wheels and tires, but you will also need to be prepared to perform corrective suspension modifications to fully take advantage of the work performed. So here's a very rough rundown of about what you're looking at:

( 1 ) - $2,000 = one widebody kit.
( 2 ) - $200-$300 = all the materials needed to correctly install said widebody kit, including fiberglass, fillers, disposable supplies, etc.
( 3 ) - $800-$1,400 = four tires needed for the wheels you're about to buy.
( 4 ) - If you think that $1,500 for an entire set of wheels is expensive, some of the guys running HREs on here are paying that for ONE wheel. Yes. ONE WHEEL. So maybe $6,000 for a set of wheels. If you're lucky, you might find a good 9 to 10 inch wheel that you'll like that MAY cost $700-ish a wheel, but you're going to end up paying a crazy amount just for a wheel combo you'll like (remember too here that you have to run a staggered setup).
( 5 ) - $500-$1,000 (depending on how good you are) = necessary suspension mods for said wheel combo and widebody kit.

Then add in other things like paint for the body, miscellaneous expenses, etc.

Are we keeping up? So when it's all said and done you have the potential to spend oh around ten G's for what you'll need - if you're a good shopper and can do a lot of work. And still that's probably a very conservative guess. I have not right to ask what some of these guys on here have paid for the work on their cars and that's none of our business, but just by doing simple math one can see it's not child's play. We're talking about playing with the big dogs here, not cheap body kits that end up on cars that get unpainted.
chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2009 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post
i think a fiero gt fastback is sexy as it is with nice rims and a paint job. with 2000 bucks you could put it towards making your interior look new again and fixing up the stock engine to work like a new one.

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site http://educatorstop15.com/fieropage.htm

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay