Started on: 04-15-2009 11:51 PM
Replies: 26
Last post by: WingNut - MD on 04-17-2009 08:12 AM
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2009 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
Fed Ex was on the ball, the car arrived earlier than expected. As with the Indy PPG Fiero, the Fed Ex guys provided excellent service for the delivery of the car. The entire truck was full of former GM Heritage Collection Cars.

The car pretty much arrived the way we saw it at the 25th. The car did not receive much Love at the point GM decided to send it to auction. The car is filthy. The battery is dead and will not take a charge, so we could not run it tonight. Each of the PPG cars were push toys when they came home, so why would this one be any different. The manual pull cable to release the rear decklid was broken. The GTP cars did not have a trunk lock in the rear, so a cable is welded to the release lever on trunk latch to open it up. The only major issue is that the carrier that took the cars from Detroit to Palm Springs ( Reliable Carriers) left a very nice character mark in the right front fender. They even left the orange paint in the scratch as evidence.

All in all, the car looks great. Not a cloud in the sky today and that Pearl Blue just glowed. A little Love and a weekend of elbow grease and the car will be back to ready to show condition. We have not gotten used to the fact that the car is really here yet. Who would have beleived that all this was going to happen and now three of the four remaining PPG Fieros are together again.

PICS:

Safe at home at last

Thank You very much whoever did this:

Fred
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 327
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Good to see it at a good home. But I wanted it
DarkRanger4200

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRanger4200Click Here to visit DarkRanger4200's HomePageSend a Private Message to DarkRanger4200Direct Link to This Post
best back end design IMO
sadie goad

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
That car is absolutely gorgeous. I am so unbelievably happy that you got it, Fred. Thank you for being such an integral part of the Fiero community and saving so many of these cars that would otherwise quite possibly be long gone now. She looks happy to be home

PS, that paint is INCREDIBLE.

------------------

I'm a poor college student because I modify my cars!

snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
I come live with you now?

Thank you so much for saving these cars ! It would be awesome if the whole group of them could be back together for the 30th

I wish I had some money so I could have scooped up those Berettas they sold.

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see it went to the right person, I would have driven the hell out of it If it wasn't for my wife's illness, that car and the Goodwrench race car could have been in my garage. Then again I'd rather have my wife for a little longer. Although, I may or may not have a small stash set aside for the 90 prototype if/when its turn comes...
sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
Nice car!

I was not aware that FedEx even did AutoTransport. I would trust FedEx with my Fiero. Are they comparable with other truck lines on cost?

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
congrads !

Question: aren't those cars sold without a VIN number so that they cannot be licensed for use on public roads (?) or can you license and drive them like a regular car ?
sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Direct Link to This Post
sorry about your damage. I hope you can get it repaired/painted. Did they acknowledge this damage on the inspection report pre and post delivery?

I also had a negative experience with a different auto transport company called Auto Relocation Plus. I gave them my spotless 07 Acura TL and told them to not touch it on delivery. The local tow company tried to "impound" it by waiting to call me at 5:15 when they "close" at 5:30 and a callout fee was $60. The paperwork showed it arrived at 2pm.

When I got there they were trying to wash the car with dirty sponges and a garden hose. I had explicitly told them to NOT touch the paint. When I opened the driver door, the driver had crawled in an oil puddle and sat inside my tan leather interior and even got grease all over the headliner. On the mark off sheet, they circled additional dings and marks on the top carbon copy that were not present in the initial inspection. Thank you MYRA for not returning my phone calls either! But I told my corporate relo sponsor and there was some retribution and refunds made but the reputation they get from me is negative!

BTW, that should buff out with a Mr. Clean eraser!
greasemonke50613

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
User Banned

Report this Post04-16-2009 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greasemonke50613Send a Private Message to greasemonke50613Direct Link to This Post
i really like the look of those rims on the car...and THANK YOU for saving it from the crusher!
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Congrats! That is a cool car! So sorry to see some bonehead scratched the heck out of the fender however.

Good luck with it!!
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Now how are you going to bring the yellow and blue cars to the Dells???
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post04-16-2009 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post
I don't like you. ( just teasing of course )
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

anonymity?
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

hmmmm.....I have a truck and open trailer available

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
wow, thats amazing. how much did you give for it? your soul? your wife? your children?

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | 87 GT Inside Test Run | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 01
3500 Fiero GT Test Run 02 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 03 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 04
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DarkRanger4200:

best back end design IMO

I agree. If I were to do the fastback swap, I would want to retain my notchy lights. Would be neat to have a rear clip like this available. Heck, even the front. It looks nicer then the bumperpad one.

Grats! I'm happy to see it went to someone on the forum. Maybe someday I will get to see it at a show .

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 04-16-2009).]

Adam1988

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adam1988Send a Private Message to Adam1988Direct Link to This Post
Any chance of mold being made
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Adam1988:

Any chance of mold being made

Alot less subtle then me aren't you? LOL

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
This car has a very interesting gauge pod setup. Any chance you could snap a couple pictures of this? And if there any chance you might be thinking of finding a way to reproduce that piece??? I'm glad to hear this car is in good hands.

------------------
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo
gmtuners.com

007DOUG

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007DOUGSend a Private Message to 007DOUGDirect Link to This Post
Man, what a great collection!

Enjoy & be proud
PFF
System Bot
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
hey fred that looks fun hey did you put me on your will there for i can be your best buddy forever and you can let me learn to drive the best cars you have, or i wont be your best buddy.

ethan

P.S. dad showed me this and i had to respond so let me drive the car not buddy yet.
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

silver 85 sc

915 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Sorry Fred,
Ethan saw this thread and started doing his little giggle thing and wanted to post. I figured you would get as big of kick out of his post as I did

Rich

For those of you wondering Ethan is my 10 year old son, and loves Fred's collection.
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Congrats!

It could not have eneded up in a better home.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Fred.... That is really cool. I am really happy you got this car and I look forward to seeing it and the others in your collection at furture shows. You have a great collection of history there. I am guessing that John knows already... right?
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Any chance of posting closer pics ofthe exterior body panels? Especially close up shots of the rear between the decklid and tail lights. Is there a filler piece or an empty space between the decklid and lights?

Dave
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Pictures of the Blue PPG and other protos can be seen here:

Protos at the Tach Center: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/045263.html

25th Anniversary Show: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/071947.html

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock