New pics of my car by Fiero_Adam
Started on: 12-07-2008 09:56 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Tony Kania on 12-10-2008 07:55 PM
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
Well, it's getting a lot closer. There are some odds and ends to finish up, but the exterior is almost complete. What do you think?

I know some people will not like the paint scheme, but I really like how it turned out. It's definitely an eye catcher. That blue stands out like a sore thumb in this town.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
I really like that shade of blue! Looks good!

The paint scheme is definatly different, but it looks really good with the white wheels. The calipers would look good painted blue like the body.

Tell me about the nose mod - is that the notched sage chin spoiler from The Fiero Warehouse, or is it the bottom of an aero nose?
Chris
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Great color combo and the white wheels really finish the car nicely.
Dgzfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DgzfieroSend a Private Message to DgzfieroDirect Link to This Post
Looks good.
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCDirect Link to This Post
That is a really good looking car. The paint combo is unique, but its very clean.
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
Nice! Whered you get the mesh material for the bumper grill and what are the exhuast tips from?
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Personally I would have done the front and rear bumpers white as well... but I guess thats why I don't own the car either haha. Looks like a clean job though, good work. What kind of spoiler is that?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mtownfiero:

Nice! Whered you get the mesh material for the bumper grill and what are the exhuast tips from?

You can buy whatever mesh material you need from here

http://www.customcargrills.com/products.asp?id=1

Click on the left column under "Grille Mesh"
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Unique, very unique.
hklvette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hklvetteSend a Private Message to hklvetteDirect Link to This Post
Not so sure about the grille mesh, but otherwise I like it
katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Very, Very Nice! Great color, great scheme, looks awesome and cmpletely unique........
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I like it nice job.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 12-08-2008).]

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
I thought it looked good in primer back when you had it at the 20th!

looks nice Adam... how many coats of clear did you put on?... and is it a paint booth job?
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
OK, to answer some questions and comments:

The front fascia is modified with the lower 'ground fx' of another fascia. I didn't like the bolted on look, so I smoothed the lines a bit. Then I opened up the 'mouth' of the fascia. That grill might be temporary until I can find something that I like. I had it already, so that's why it's there.
The calipers have been yellow for a few years. I will eventually get around to repainting them a difference color. My original idea was to paint the car yellow, but that has obviously changed. The two-tone idea came from forum member helmet1978 (who has a very nice red and white two-tone Fiero, if you didn't know). I played with the two colors (and very much considered a true two-tone) until I found something that I liked. The wheels completed the look I was going for. The wheels on there now are just temporary. I'll have some 17s (also in white) on there eventually.
Exhaust tips are a stainless steel, rolled, dual outlet that you can find pretty much anywhere. Those were one of the first things I changed on my car 6 years ago. I do have some C6 tips that I may put on in their place.
The wing is an aftermarket one that I found while surfing the 'net. It's an Aerogear battle series wing. I had to lengthen the wingstands on it, as it was made more for a car with a rounded decklid.
All work was done by me, and I still have some more to do, and re-do. The wing needs a repaint. I was in a hurry when I painted it, and didn't get enough color on it in spots. Plus the clear coat didn't come out looking too good. The rest of the car isn't too bad. There are flaws (like some early-learning body work problems), but overall I'm pleased. I sprayed 2 color coats and 3 of clear. I still need to sand and buff most of the car.
As far as modifications go, I already mentioned the front fascia and rear wing. In addition to that, I've shaved the 'pontiac' from the headlight door, decklid lock, sail panel logos, and the antenna hole. I've added a VW antenna to the roof. The front and rear fascias are from a GT, as well as the smooth belt molding. The quarter panel and fender ground fx pieces are molded into the rocker panels (not my greatest work, but that's part of the learning experience). The decklid grills will eventually be painted blue to match. I may even up using some type of hood vent, if I can find any that can bolt in and not look out of place.
I'm not sure if I want to keep the factory tail lights or not. I need to do something for rear reflectors, since I changed those out for reverse lights.

Umm....that's all I can think of at the moment. If there are any other questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Adam (edited 12-10-2008).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-10-2008 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
That is the front that I want to create. Nice work. I don't like the multiple seam look either. I have never been a fan of the nose up in the air look on my GT. I saved some of your pics for reference earlier. Just became a member today. Keep posting the pics. That is one nice looking car. Remember, it is not what others think, but what you enjoy. Great job.

------------------
Tony K

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock