DCRFiero1 3800SC Build by MstangsBware
Started on: 11-06-2008 10:13 PM
Replies: 54
Last post by: MstangsBware on 01-10-2009 09:01 PM
White88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2008 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for White88GTSend a Private Message to White88GTDirect Link to This Post
Its a 65e-HD you punk, and I will hunt Santa's fat ass down if I have to. I will see if I can make it out on Friday for the official 3800SC Fiero Club Owners Of Dallas Area Dudes get together.
IP: Logged
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
I don't recall authorizing this meeting...
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

I don't recall authorizing this meeting...

Well--wasn't much of a meeting being only Steve R showed but we got some work done.

For a small update on the swap:

Steve R. picked up on a slight misfire when we where running the engine waiting on fan to kick on. Double checked the plug wires and sure enough I had #4/6 swapped. While the car still ran good and busted off on the first key turn after the wires where swapped back, it now sound like pure sex. The idle is so clean, throttle responce is right on point and the exhaust sound nice. Steve complimented many times on how nice the car sounded and idled.

The car will be getting some run time put on it along with some miles to insure everything is operating how it should. Still have to add the A/C lines and charge the system. Looking to wrap it up 100% by the end of next week and have it on it's way back to the owner.

This is my first swap that I have done for someone other than friends and has been the first one is about 2.5 years. Had to re-learn alot of little things and had to make many trips to the parts store for parts that I forgot. It was a learning process that will help with the next swap that is coming in behind this one.

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 12-26-2008).]

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

The idle is so clean, throttle responce is right on point and the exhaust sound nice. Steve complimented many times on how nice the car sounded and idled.

That's quite a compliment coming from Reid. His SC install is one of the best I have heard... especially at WOT.
I've really enjoyed following this thread, you're work looks good.

Hope you and the family had a good X-mas. I'm off to try and harvest bambi with Fussell tomo...

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2008 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
And for today--Put the modified A/C lines on the car last night but havent charged the system yet. Got the intake wrapped with some good Ol' Retraflex or how ever you spell it. Taking the car to the exhaust shop to finish up on the exhaust sometime tomorrow. Took the car are several runs today around the house and took a short video of one of the runs. The car is running good but the suspension on the car is in dire need of some work and will be getting that attention once it goes back to the owner. I have not pushed the car real hard(50%) being the suspension has it all over the road and don't feel comfortable with getting into it much more till those issues are fixed. I can say that the car has no problem getting up and going when you give it a little throttle. The car will be complete and going back to the owner by the end of this week. Here is the short video I took of the car:

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
Sounds nice and smooth. Great work on the swap looks great too. I'm sure the owner is real happy with this one!
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Wow. Nice. I still can't believe that I had so much trouble selling all those parts...

-Brian
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Looks and sounds great!

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

Looks and sounds great!

Thanks to all for the complements on the swap.

I had the rest of the exhaust ran today and the car to me sounds even better now. Not loud but to to quite and you can hear the SC whine when rolling into it. Drove the car around today just cruising the farm to market roads getting some miles on the setup and did a few hard launches to see how the car re-acted. The car is about ready to go back to the owner so the suspension can get a make over.

DCRFiero1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post

Thanks to all for the complements on the swap.

I had the rest of the exhaust ran today and the car to me sounds even better now. Not loud but to to quite and you can hear the SC whine when rolling into it. Drove the car around today just cruising the farm to market roads getting some miles on the setup and did a few hard launches to see how the car re-acted. The car is about ready to go back to the owner so the suspension can get a make over.

It sounded great before, I cant imagine how good it will sound now. I only heard it on a video. Cant wait to get it back, getting so close now!
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2009 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I wrapped up the last little bit of the swap this week and took the car back to the owner this morning. They seemed happy with it and took it on a little test drive around the block. The car will be getting the suspension rebuilt and then will come back out my way for a day of romping and hard driving. I didn't get to put many miles/hard miles on it because the suspension was pretty bad and the inspection was out. After a day of hard driving the car will be gone over to double check everything and insure all is well.

I have a few pictures of the swap 100% complete and will add them to the post when I get them downloaded.

I will be starting another swap next week for another local Fiero owner into an 86 GT auto. Then slowly on another 100% stock 3800SC/65E swap into an 86 GT.

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 01-01-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2009 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

I will be starting another swap next week for another local Fiero owner into an 86 GT auto. Then slowly on another 100% stock 3800SC/65E swap into an 86 GT.

i don't think that LS4 swap will ever get done.

i need help sending PM.
DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Well, I got the car back and what can I say. I have always wanted a 3800SC since I discovered what a Fiero was and now I finally have one. As far as the install. It is one of the cleanest that I have ever seen. No wires hanging all over the place. The firewall insulation was replaced, the engine compartment was painted. Very beautiful. Engine is clean as well. Engine fires right up, no problems at all with it and boy does it get up and go!!! Very exciting car. No complaints what so ever. Sadly, I havent been able to really hit on it yet because of the suspension but that will be done and fixed hopefully before the end of the month. My dad spent the entire afternoon buffing the car out so insted of red and pink spots, it is soild red with pink ground effects and wheels. Now that me and my dad have two running Fieros we can finally attend another NTFC meeting with our own Fieros. Granted we have that day off.

Zach

------------------
CArz I own:
'85 Fiero GT (2.8 V6)
'86 Monte Carlo SS (5.0 H.O)
'87 Fiero GT (Stock 3800SC)

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Congrats! Wishing you many miles of trouble free driving.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Little late being the car is back with the owner but just downloaded the pictures I last took of the swap. Was going to take more of it leaving and all but forgot the camera.

Exhaust complete:

Swap as it looks complete:

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock