Started on: 10-28-2008 12:14 AM
Replies: 24
Last post by: gt88norm on 11-10-2008 12:14 AM
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
this statement

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Right now it's not an automated thing but it will be. The only question is when I have the time (if ever) to finish its implementation. The idea is this:

As it is right now, the rating system has one major flaw and that is that as soon as someone reaches a certain amount of positive ratings, it's nearly impossible for that person to get banned. And perhaps this is a good thing since it's easier to get a negative rating than it is to get a positive rating. Meaning, you really have to earn those positives while a fart in the wrong direction could land you a negative rating.

Problem is that all those positive ratings gives a person an unfair leverage over others. Let's be honest, if the two people whom are on probation now were new members, or members with only a few ratings in total, the speed-ban (or troll-ban) would have banned them long time ago. But just because they have a lot of positive ratings they get away with their constant bickering. Now I don't have a problem with that per se, since IMO if you have earned so many positives, you are allowed to make a few f---ups.

Now what I'm working on is something I would like to call a "nudge". With this, you can "nudge" a rating you have already given, "refresh" it so to speak. So if you have given someone a negative a long time ago, you can "nudge" this rating. The system will then actually see this as a "new" rating. Now if a person gets enough negatives (or negative nudges) in a relatively small period of time, the system will then automatically put you "On Probation". The first time is 24 hours, the second time 72 hours, the third time one week, and the fourth time is a permanent ban.

That's the general idea. And for those concerned the system might get abused - just like it is now, I can see how/why/when/where someone was rated and I will always investigate suspicious bans. So far I have never seen any of the "ganging up" people have been talking about nor any other abuse. So if in the future you are put on probation while you did nothing wrong, I will be able to investigate and if necessary, revert the probation.

But like I said, the question is when I will have the time to implement this. So for now, I'll be the one putting people on probation. And believe me, I know I might actually be doing people a favor by giving them no excuse anymore for not stepping away from it all for a while...

Makes me feel like he is much more stable and logical than i will ever be.
He's like AI with a sense of humor.

To be honest, I'm jealous
I bet his wife can't win an argument.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
It's been discussed before. He's a computer program. No doubt about it.
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
So he is part of the matrix
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

[B]
this will never happen i find that guys have a need to make sence in an argument women just think what they want

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

[QUOTE][B]
this will never happen i find that guys have a need to make sence in an argument women just think what they want
[/QUOTE]

Definitely. You can show her 1 + 1 = 2 but if she doesnt want to believe it, she never will.

Anyways, it sounds like a pretty good idea. However, its unfortunate that a car forum needs to be regulated with a "justice" system. Can't we all just get along lol
slinger

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

he is the matrix....
tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Direct Link to This Post

she does not need to "win" she can just just toss his stuff lol.....

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/059772.html

=todd=

Eclipse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Forget lightcycles. Apparently TRON drives a Fiero.

Now if I could make my Fiero sound like a lightcycle, that would ultracool!!!

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association
Yellow 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

If Cliff still has a libido, then his wife still has argument-winning power.
BazookaFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroDirect Link to This Post

BIIIIINGO!!!!!!!

------------------

Want a SWEET signature? PM me!

[This message has been edited by BazookaFiero (edited 10-28-2008).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2008 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

It's been discussed before. He's a computer program. No doubt about it.

LOL

Those were the good ole days, I remember it well.
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
You guys win argument?
My wife asked to borrow $10, I didn't have it but I had $5 so I somehow ended up owing her $5
She got it in the end and paid me back the $5 she owed me with it.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

pontiacman63383

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacman63383Send a Private Message to pontiacman63383Direct Link to This Post

I know kung fo!

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiacman63383:
I know kung fo!

show me
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, if this was lah-lah land.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
There is no such thing as women winning an argument--only men losing it. You can methodically, painstakingly prove them wrong in every aspect, and at the end of the day--you still lost. They may let have the appearance of not losing, but it is just a facade--a mirage. This holds true when discussing Fieros with them more than anything else.
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post10-30-2008 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

show me

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

There is no such thing as women winning an argument--only men losing it. You can methodically, painstakingly prove them wrong in every aspect, and at the end of the day--you still lost. They may let have the appearance of not losing, but it is just a facade--a mirage. This holds true when discussing Fieros with them more than anything else.

or you can just call them fat and it will scar them for life....... i know its f***** up
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Sort of like arguing politics with a democrat.......

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 10-30-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I was expecting pitchforks and torches when I came in here, I'm a bit dissapointed.
gt88norm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2008 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt88normSend a Private Message to gt88normDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Forget lightcycles. Apparently TRON drives a Fiero.

Now if I could make my Fiero sound like a lightcycle, that would ultracool!!!

The sound of the light cycle was derived from a 2 track cassette recording of a 3 cyl. 2 stroke 'Shrike'
motor in a SAAB Sonett II. . . . So! . . . If you REALLY want that sound, you know which engine swap to do . . :^)
Considering that a Fiero weighs close to 2X the model 97, it'd be the sweetest sounding pig you ever did see.

Norm
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2008 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Forget the swap, I'll just take the Saab. The Saab Sonnet was a sweet machine. One of my favourite cars.Sorry, off topic....

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association
Yellow 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

gt88norm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gt88normSend a Private Message to gt88normDirect Link to This Post
I had a '74 Sonnet III, it was fun but you were rollin' the dice @ every intersection, not much protection.
Mine had the Taunus(?sp) V4. Had some odd-ball fastener sizes, do the English use a different inch
increment in their fasteners?
I liked the Volvo P1800 (B18B) better, it didn't handle as well, but was a lot more refined, even being 8
years older. The Volvo was faster, but the Saab quicker, even w/a tractor motor. The factory special
2bbl. Weber downdraft intake made a big difference. The Volvo had 10.5:1 compression, and dual SUs
but it was still not as quick. Both have temperamental gearboxes, Volvo, crisp but slow; Saab, like stirring
an ice bucket w/a broom handle.
Neither can hold a candle to a well set up Fiero though. JMHO

Norm

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock