Started on: 10-19-2008 01:19 AM
Replies: 94
Last post by: Cheever3000 on 11-15-2008 08:10 AM
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
I had a great time in Lufkin. Special thanks go out to Blake and Amber and all the others involved to keep this event alive this year. Without further ado here are some sneak pics from the event.

Safety first!!! Always wear your race helmet for a sub 1 minute slow drag....

No one said Fiero owners had to be able to read the signs along the highway.

Can't forget the costume contest. The who's who of the Fiero costume realm...

Look familiar? Where have we seen this car before? It is very nice in person...and very fast!!

Ummm...errr...I really don't know what to say about this picture...there are so many things that are wrong...lol

Sorry no picture of the po-po, he probably would have shot me since he already had his weapon drawn when he approached the group. There is a story here....ohhhhh Blake...lol

Ok, as soon as the rest of the folk finish there parking lot drinks and cigars I am sure they will add more pics to fill y'all in.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
Oohhhh boy. I'm already starting to regret not going to this.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Now, I see why Blake had problems with the police. It's probably a capitol crime to wear those colors together.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Now, I see why Blake had problems with the police. It's probably a capitol crime to wear those colors together.

He was going for..."What things 'NOT' to wear!" He nailed it. LOL
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Here are a few we took where we paid $4.00 to see a pile of dirt.

Check out the third picture, there is a one legged man coming up the mound!!

I didn't take to many as I am on dial up here .
Joe

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 10-19-2008).]

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Looks like it was a great time. I hate this stupid reserve base. I checked in on Friday and found out that I would be working all weekend. Heartbreaking.

Maybe next time.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I had the camera on the car, but this time I used one that had a zoom on it to try to get the correct zoom to show distance and speed better, The zoom didn't have enough on it and the camera's Iris wasn't working correctly so it wouldn't lighten or darken correctly so I can only make a couple short clips that actually had close to correct lighting. At some points I needed more light and some needed a lot less light. One driver had a HD hand cam that was inexpensive enough that I wouldn't have a problem modifying it just for the purpose of using as a car camera. I either didn't catch his name, or don't remember it after 23 long hours of driving and fun. Maybe I can get him to remind me what that camera was. Having to handle a laptop in the car with all the wiring for Camera power, camera video, Laptop capture device, laptop and power inverter for the laptop it was a lot of stuff in there and a manual zoom camera. So please chime in. I'm processing video at this point so I'll have some clips up soon.

Stu
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
With the limited amount of video I have I need MORE! to put together any type of good video. If you have video I want it and if you have pics I want them. At lease 640x480 resolution. stuart@diy-fiero.com
pumpkincarriage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
We just got home bout an hour ago, had a fabulous time and want to thank everyone for coming out! Alot of great stories as usual, including a few more today from the drag strip and cruise home. Ran a personal worst of 14.96, but had a personal best R/T of .138... that counts for something right? Chane also postponed his long trip home to race with us for awhile in his LS1 car, which was really cool. As usual Stephen outshone us all with a best run of 12.7 (I believe).

I felt the show and games worked out really well and I think (hope) everyone enjoyed them. The slow drag was hilarious, I believe we had three over one minute times (the "track" was the width of two parking spots). Tom driving Blake's car for the Straw Drop and running over the target that Blake had so lovingly crafted was a high point as well. Not to mention Debbie and Chris both stopping exactly on the Dime (which was actually a Canadian 5 cent piece) during Stop On The Dime and having to practically measure it off in millimeters!

I also want to thank everyone who voted for my car during the show without me even begging this year! And to thank Jed of course, for not voting for me

Blake you certainly succeeded in continuing the great Ruckus tradition.

Anyway, I need to get showered and some rest. I'll work on getting some pictures resized and uploaded by tomorrow. If I can get to a hi-speed connection I'll put some video up as well.

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

Here are a few we took where we paid $4.00 to see a pile of dirt.

Ahhh yes... but a 1,200 year old pile of dirt.

Now wasn't that about the same amount you paird to see a 15,000 year old footprint in the mud at the Spring Fling III?

Nice pics from the top though...

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
I had a wonderful time at my first RRR, saw a lot of nice cars and met a lot of nice people.
hope to continue to see them at other events. Blake a big props go to you for getting this
thing rolling on short notice and to all his loyal subject for helping.
can wait to see all the photos start showing up.

i hope everyone had a safe trip home.

PFF
System Bot
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
Here's a few pictures to help hold everyone over til tomorrow

Thought this was kind of cool looking, on the way back from the 7 hour (something like that) pizza dinner

Then Mr. Blake enjoying Kentucky's finest alcohol...

And Daniel enjoying it a little less

A partial lineup at lunchtime

Special thanks to Stephen for letting me stand on his roof for this one

LS1 VS. 3800SC in the 1/4 mile

Blake in my car (to see if the driver was responsible for the poor times) VS. Daniel

[This message has been edited by pumpkincarriage (edited 10-20-2008).]

chane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chaneSend a Private Message to chaneDirect Link to This Post
Just walked in around 11:30. Next event needs to be closer.. That is too damn far with out a cruise control. Was a nice night drive though with roof off and stars out. 8hrs and no tickets is always good.

Originally posted by pumpkincarriage:

Blake in my car (to see if the driver was responsible for the poor times) VS. Daniel

Should have ran mine once Blake. I am certain it was lack of skill.. Was fun though! Great pictures!

For those asking what 6th does:

[This message has been edited by chane (edited 10-20-2008).]

chane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chaneSend a Private Message to chaneDirect Link to This Post

chane

89 posts
Member since Aug 2008

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

No one said Fiero owners had to be able to read the signs along the highway.

Wasn't this the same town where Mr deputy sheriff Rasco P. Coltrane comes at you with his gun for that?..
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chane:

Just walked in around 11:30. Next event needs to be closer.. That is too damn far with out a cruise control. Was a nice night drive though with roof off and stars out. 8hrs and no tickets is always good.

Prior to 2006, I lived in San Angelo for 10 yrs, and used to make the same trip from Angelo to Cleveland quite often. Yep, long drive. I usually left here (Cleveland Tx) about 10pm, and would race the sun into San Angelo.
Ruckus was held in San Angelo 2004.

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post

Wasn't this the same town where Mr deputy sheriff Rasco P. Coltrane comes at you with his gun for that?..

No, this was at the gas stop before the run in with the "boy you gotta pretty mouth" Depity dawg...
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

For those asking what 6th does:

so what kind of mileage are you getting?

get some more seat time at the track so we can really see what that car can do.

it's a very pretty car and hope to see at the NTFC Spring Fling IV

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 10-20-2008).]

chane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chaneSend a Private Message to chaneDirect Link to This Post
Was at 25mpg on the way back mostly above 80mph. Found gas for $2.41

What Archie said:
With the 6 speed transmission, it only runs 1760 RPM at 60 MPH.
On a resent trip to Michigan we got 27.7 MPG on the highway. It get consistent 15 to 17 MPG in around town driving.

I'll log a couple more tanks and let you know. You guys in big cities are really concerned about mpg eh?

[This message has been edited by chane (edited 10-20-2008).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I was to lazy to post last night being I was wore out once I got home and went str8 to bed. As usual I had a good time and many of good laughs(mostly at Blake), even though I laughed out loud when I passed Daniel after we ate yacking on side of the road. The road/country side down in Lufkin is really amazing and a great place to just go and cruise the curves and see some pretty country.

Props to Chane for taking the car to the track to get a good baseline on what the car will run. Your times will only get better with more seat time and getting a few things worked out on the car. Hope to see the car at other events in the future.

My best time yesterday was a 12.6 @ 108 but not much better than what PC posted. Got in plenty of runs even with the 15 or so bikes that where out there running over and over. Saw some very fast street bikes that where throwing down some very nice numbers.

Thanks to all that put time into plannning the event and putting it on.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Was at 25mpg on the way back mostly above 80mph. Found gas for $2.41

I'll log a couple more tanks and let you know. You guys in big cities are really concerned about mpg eh?

some of us don't have that 6 min commute to work. so every mpg i can get is $$$ in my pocket.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I think somethings gone wrong with my Coupe, I only averaged 39MPG for the whole trip!!!!!!! I got 41 MPG coming home from Spring Fling. Of course we did use the AC on the cruise.
HeHe
Joe
PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Mike Sent some pics to me to get up and posted so I'll work on getting them sized and in to the thread now.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007

LOOK WHO STOPPED ON THE DIME!!!!! WAY TO GO. THAT "DIME" was dead center of the tire.

Blake trying like crazy to exit a chop top!!! Too funny.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 10-21-2008).]

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pumpkincarriage:
If I can get to a hi-speed connection I'll put some video up as well.

if you have a wifi card, can't go to the local store/eating/hotel that offers free internet.
if you're still having problems you can use my internet connection.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Now I know how Joel felt after he moved to Colorado. Man, I miss the Ruckus... er, um... the people there!

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 10-20-2008).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Now I know how Joel felt after he moved to Colorado. Man, I miss the Ruckus... er, um... the people there!

Believe me when I say you are much missed here as well Chuck.

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

...What he said..... Just don't be stupid like me and sell ALL of your Fieros!

------------------

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
Ok some more pics for everyone to enjoy....

A very nice T-top Formula and yellow to boot:

Heading out for the cruise. T-tops make picture taking much easier...

Line up of Fieros in the parking lot...some are hiding under the canopy next to the bbq shack

A little self-promotion for my ride. I think I'm done modifying for now...or am I?

Can't forget the big bat that kept flying around...

C'mon everyone, I know there were more cameras there. Let's see what ya' got!!!

BlackGT Codde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGT CoddeSend a Private Message to BlackGT CoddeDirect Link to This Post
i wanna go daddy why cant i go?
lol. man that looks like fun i need to meet up with you guys sometime
Blue3800scGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue3800scGTSend a Private Message to Blue3800scGTDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for letting me join in on the fun saturday,I had a blast. Next time hope I have mine running so I don't have to hitch a ride(thank you Blake).
Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

A little self-promotion for my ride. I think I'm done modifying for now...or am I?

WOW, your car is amazing. I want to put a fastback clip on my choptop before I am finished with it. I actually bought one from JScott about a year ago to do it. Nice color, wheels, and mods.

--Will
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Will, your fastback clip (white) is up there somewhere in the weeds at Loyde's.

It looks like you guys had a good time at the Ruckus. Maybe by next year my house will have a new roof and Galveston will be ready to host RRR 8.
I might even declare my choptop finished, that is if you can call off Poe from attacking it
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2008 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
I want the story about Blake and the Cop. What happened?

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Wish we could've made it. Looks like it was a ton of fun!
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

I want the story about Blake and the Cop. What happened?

that's a story "The Man" himself can only tell.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Not the missing inspection sticker again Blake?
River Road going to Gruene..........
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
What?!? No other pictures? I'm so ashamed of all you picture takers. There's not even one good photo of Blake's yellow banana car, banana costume yes but no banana car.

C'mon, I want to see more pics from RRRRRRR.

And blake, everyone wants to hear the popo story...
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post

Where did you get those seats from? Thanks!

JG
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by THE BEAST:
Where did you get those seats from? Thanks!
JG

since daniel doesn't get on here very often, i believe he told me he got them off ebay
when i asked about them.
chane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chaneSend a Private Message to chaneDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock