pics T-Tops on Fieros by fierokit
Started on: 06-08-2007 11:29 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: pswayne on 01-28-2009 05:10 PM
fierokit

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierokitSend a Private Message to fierokitDirect Link to This Post
How rare are T-Tops on fieros? Mines an 86gt with a T-Top (removed from an 88). Were the 88's the only stock t-top GM made? .... I see everyone with sun-roofs but I personally like the look of T-tops instead.

Where do you guys put your t-top windows, i place them behind the driver/passenger seat. And yes I have broken my t-top windows before and got them replaced , now a days though I'm scared of anyone touching them except me because its hard to find replacements. Too bad there's not too many 2007 cars that have t-tops any more.

[This message has been edited by fierokit (edited 06-08-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
I believe the 88's are the only cars that came with them from the factory. I tihnk the others were made by an outside company and t-tops is a rare option. I think your supposed to put the glass pieces under the hood like youd do with a sunroof or in the trunk. Ive seen covers for them to keep them from getting damaged. I could be wrong about some of the things so someone can correct me.
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Factory sunroof cars will have the code "CJB" on the RPO sticker. I heard some CJB cars got out in 1987, but I can't say whether that's just a rumor. A T-Top Fiero is pretty uncommon, CJB or not. I also heard that non-CJB T-Tops were a dealer-authorized option, much like the SLP kits on F-bodies during certain year
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The numbers tell you that they are rare, but because they are desireable, nearly every show you go to has at least one usually more than one t-top.

fierokit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierokitSend a Private Message to fierokitDirect Link to This Post
True, well given the option if you were to find a broken down T-Top Fiero most people would probably salvage the T-top and install to a functioning GT (cutting the roof must be a tricky job).
fierokit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierokitSend a Private Message to fierokitDirect Link to This Post

fierokit

162 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Originally posted by jscott1:

The numbers tell you that they are rare, but because they are desireable, nearly every show you go to has at least one usually more than one t-top.

Most people who see a old FireBird or a Fiero with a T-TOP always take a second look because they are so hot (no matter how old). Imagine how many T-Tops would be available today had the fiero lasted one more year with the 89 prototype T-Top fiero.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

sorry.. I left the resolution big for the close up.

88GT all maroon with Factory T-tops out-sourced to Cars & Concepts before my Dad picked it up "new" at the dealership in Cali.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT42:

Factory sunroof cars will have the code "CJB" on the RPO sticker. I heard some CJB cars got out in 1987, but I can't say whether that's just a rumor. A T-Top Fiero is pretty uncommon, CJB or not. I also heard that non-CJB T-Tops were a dealer-authorized option, much like the SLP kits on F-bodies during certain year

I know this is just a typo, but just in case (and to clarify for those who don't know), CJB is the RPO code for T-Top cars.....not sunroof.

1988 was the only year for a factory option T-Top, but C&C was installing them back in 1985 as well as selling kits. The same company made the T-Tops, regardless of whether it was a CJB or "kit". To differentiate between T-Tops, many people call them "CJB" for factory '88 and "aftermarket" for all others (even though that is sort of a misnomer....technically speaking, all T-Top are aftermarket).

Some dealers installed the kits, but I think most were installed by sunroof shops. I know that there were several in the Denver area that installed them in the late 80's. I bought an '85 SE many years ago from the original owners. In 1989 they had T-Tops installed by a local sunroof shop (authorized C&C dealer). The kit was $500 and the install was $600......don't you wish you could go back in time and buy a bunch of brand new kits for $500??

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

mrfiero

8996 posts
Member since Mar 99

Originally posted by unboundmo:
88GT all maroon with Factory T-tops out-sourced to Cars & Concepts before my Dad picked it up "new" at the dealership in Cali.

I had an identical '88 GT a few years ago......maroon, tan interior, T-Tops, etc. I blew the tranny out on a cross country trip and wound up selling it to help pay for school. Anyway.....nice car. I have a soft spot for maroon GT's!

I am a little intrigued by what looks like air deflectors on the windshield header area. Did you guys custom make these or ?? I have never seen these on a Fiero.....do they work well? Could you post some close-ups of these?? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 06-09-2007).]

Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Any factory T-Top coded 88 Fiero will also have a strap & buckle system installed in the trunk area to store your tops. You should have bags to put the tops in also. A lot of people put the tops behind the seats , but , as you experienced , the tops can get broken back there. With the tops stored in the bags and strapped down in the trunk , we drive the RFTH's every year with the tops in the trunk and they won't go anywhere.It does however take up space in the trunk , so you can't carry too much . I can still get 2 fold-up chairs and my little tool bag in there without any problem.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Here is my 88 t-top She is 1239 so she is one of the last to come off the line.

------------------
Fiero Thomas
85 Fiero GT
86 Fiero GT
88 Formula T-Top C+C # 1239 of 1252, Build Digit 26,224 of 26,402
NIFE Member
Fiero News dot net

PFF
System Bot
Indiana_resto_guy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
88 Mera (formula doner) CJB.

I have 5 other 88 CJB cars but no current photos for some reason.

Red coupe in the foreground.

[This message has been edited by Indiana_resto_guy (edited 06-09-2007).]

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
To answer your question about the wind deflectors...

My Dad made them because it quiets the cabin area a little especially when both windows are up and the tops are off. He found some actual deflectors somewhere - plastic, and milled out some metal 3/8" or so thick and 2" at the bottom and kind of forming a T shape. To avoid sliding two where placed on one deflector. They work great.... I'll get you the picture
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post

unboundmo

2242 posts
Member since Sep 2006
here you go...

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

and

jscott1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indiana_resto_guy:

I want your garage!
Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
xsrage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xsrageSend a Private Message to xsrageDirect Link to This Post
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2007 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Here's my 88 Formula

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 06-10-2007).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2007 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I want your garage!

you take the garage, ill take the Fieros!!

Toaster_Man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2007 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster_ManSend a Private Message to Toaster_ManDirect Link to This Post
You know, every time somebody starts a thread like this I pick up my sawzall, put on my safety goggles, and pray to god that somebody has the presence of mind to say "How are you going to get to work without a roof?" before I make it to the farm. That's the only time I ever regret that my Fiero is my daily driver.

------------------

Don't look now, but I think the idiots have taken over the asylum.

AIM: JSAL86

rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

PFF
System Bot
pswayne

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pswayneSend a Private Message to pswayneDirect Link to This Post
My 88 coupe, as seen from the top of the hotel at the Fiero 25th Anniversary. The car on the other side of the pole, that you can see just the back of, belongs to Don Hulse, a real Fiero genius if ever there was one. And he just now got a computer, so maybe he'll show up on this board one day.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock