Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  ~~ LED Lighting Setups ~~ by Mister ~~ (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
~~ LED Lighting Setups ~~ by Mister ~~ by Mister
Started on: 03-05-2007 09:47 PM
Replies: 67
Last post by: e30tech on 10-13-2008 02:51 PM
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Week-end Bump!
(Hmmm 'page 2' bump I guess...Please see page 1)

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 03-30-2007).]

IP: Logged
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2007 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I've been thinking of this but in other places. Could it be spliced with the blinkers?

AFAIK any side marker light in front of the rear axle has to be amber. If you look at dualies and commericial vehicles, that's how they are.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/reg/108/en/menu.htm

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 03-31-2007).]

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2007 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:
I've been thinking of this but in other places. Could it be spliced with the blinkers?

Yeah, I've got two power sources going to it, on from the side marker for running lights usage
and one constant from the battery, for show.

AFAIK any side marker light in front of the rear axle has to be amber. If you look at dualies and commericial vehicles, that's how they are.
http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/reg/108/en/menu.htm

Thanks for the info

After looking into it again, I think there would be a very minor difference in the "seen" effect if I use an amber LED.
I've already got one for a test but it was too dim, so I'm looking for another. (Pics to follow when it's done)
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Towards the W.E Bump...

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 04-05-2007).]

Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
*bump to the top*
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2007 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Bump
BullRider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2007 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BullRiderClick Here to visit BullRider's HomePageSend a Private Message to BullRiderDirect Link to This Post
Nice! What a huge difference (at least what I can tell from the pics) Definitely lights up more of the engine bay. Good work!
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2007 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
I wired a set of three LED markers in series with my front side markers on my Fiero, and mounted them in the space between the side mirrors and their housings, at the bottom of the mirrors, using superbright automotive LEDs from Pep Boys. I like the idea of grinding the tops and making them less directional (like to never got them aimed AND mounted to my satisfaction), though, and will be doing some grinding on them in the very near future, to include the cone inversion. I'm also going to try an experiment using the grinding technique in conjunction with a frosted clear spray to see if the light dispersion can be improved still further. Their light being so very directional is the biggest gripe I have with the use of LED's in certain automotive applications.
LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2007 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEDirect Link to This Post
very subtle, i like it
LeviM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2007 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviMSend a Private Message to LeviMDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. I've never seen anyone do this before, it looks good.
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Light it up
PFF
System Bot
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing !...got me thinking too lol

here are some of my past "led" projects:

these are aftermarket led sidemarker lights for newer Volkswagens

waterproof lights at the rear of the sideskirts...I dropped this idea later; too much bling

sidemirror blinkers
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Very nice What's the antenna for ?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
wireless led
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro: wireless led

fieroman87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman87Send a Private Message to fieroman87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mister:

he made a funny.... DUUHH!!

------------------
Arty: a.k.a. FestYboy or Fieroman87
'87 GT 5 spd. (soon to be 3.6L TT 6 spd.), '88 Festiva 5 spd. rockin' a high revin' 1.6, '87 Scirocco 5 spd. (VR6 swap?)
AIM: FestYboy88L

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroman87: he made a funny.... DUUHH!!

Well, if you know this guy and he's work I wouldn't talk so fast, he might have made a joke on this
but these things exist.

http://jmelectronics-online.com/Pdf/PS250_Cut.pdf
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
haha, didnt knew technology was that far to ruin a joke !
The 'antenna' actually is a stabilizer for front windsplitters and such, I moved them to the sideskirts (bolted to the rocker panels) partly for a different mod and also for a more rigid mounted setup..

but to stay on topic, more pix please !
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2007 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Maintenance bump
dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
aaannnndddddd.....BUMP!

I have a bunch of blue LED's coming.
I see a project in my future.(also going to have to repaint the valve covers and intake I guess.)

------------------
--David

Black '86 GT-under construction
Silver '87 GT-daily driver

PFF
System Bot
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcfox:
aaannnndddddd.....BUMP!
I have a bunch of blue LED's coming.
I see a project in my future.(also going to have to repaint the valve covers and intake I guess.)

Cool, As for the intake and covers, two words... Powder coat

Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticDirect Link to This Post
This was way too cool to pass up. So, I installed two LEDs on the trunk wall facing the engine and one LED on each pillar that supports the vents. Installing could not have been easier. I used LEDs with the mounts. All that I had to do is to drill the hole, push in the mount and then the LED. It was nice for GM to give us access to the trunk light power.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/hobby.htm

I will still need to install the LED shining down, but for now it is just cool.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I'lll tell you what mate, that is one of the best lighting jobs I have seen. The glow in the engine compantrment is superb and the softer glow from the scoop is fantastic! Mor pics of the interior and exterior!
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brastic: This was way too cool to pass up. So, I installed two LEDs on the trunk wall facing the engine and one LED on each pillar that supports the vents.

Cool man, post some pics when you get a chance

Originally posted by johnyrottin: I'lll tell you what mate, that is one of the best lighting jobs I have seen. The glow in the engine compantrment is superb and the softer glow from the scoop is fantastic! Mor pics of the interior and exterior!

It is very nice and simple to do J.R but the only down side is that it "shows" only after dark I still love it!
I won't have more pics soon since we just got our 2nd storm bringing 30-35cm of snow... So my Sunday cruise will wait for a week or two

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 12-16-2007).]

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
When I replaced the winter and summer side scoops I've busted the red LED in the scoop. This time I've installed an Amber LED to resolve the potential legal issue
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2008 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
My new LED project:

Topic: ~~ All Red Tail Lights & Split Reflector Reverse Lights ~~ By Mister ~~

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 10-13-2008).]

e30tech

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2008 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for e30techSend a Private Message to e30techDirect Link to This Post
Good work, neat stuff
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock