Started on: 07-14-2006 06:46 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: Foxy Fiero13 on 10-10-2008 12:05 AM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
I just spoke with the young lady that was selling this Fiero. I turned her on to our forum.

She was a member of a Michigan Fiero club a few year back, name is Lynda

She showed it in various places including Ohio & Michigan collecting many 1st place trophy's over the past few years.

It is confirmed, it was an 85 SE, from the factory, stock original paint. It has been sold.

She remembers her uncle, foreman at the fiero plant showing her a 1985 light yellow Fiero and a 1985 turquoise color Fiero that was built by the factory.

She was very nice over the phone. Hope she checks in and joins us.

SPECIFICATIONS
YEAR:1985 LOCATION:Springboro, OH
MAKE:PONTIAC PHONE 937) 748-1869
MODEL:FIERO MILEAGE: 81000
PRICE: $3,000 EXT.COLOR: BLUE
CLASS: INT.COLOR:
ENGINE: 4 Cylinder TRANS:
DRIVE TRAIN: Rear Wheel Drive VIN#:
DOORS: BODY: Coupe

DESCRIPTION
1985 PONTIAC FIERO, 1 owner, only 10 blue ones ever made! Regular maint, 81k mi, auto, pw, cass, everything works, runs great, new battery, SHOW WINNER! $3,000 937-748-1869 Springboro

------------------

More photos, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/278279

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 07-14-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Anyone from the Michigan Fiero club know this person or car ?

I was really excided talking with her and hearing her talk about the car, and memories about the factory.

Did anyone notice above, I said she saw a 1985 light yellow Fiero and a 1985 turquoise color Fiero that was built by the factory ?
Philphine

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
what do you look for and where when you're looking for the original paint code? i saw an older blue fiero once but was pretty sure it wasn't stock. saw it again i think in a junk yard but it looked painted. maybe if i get a chance i could mosey over and check.
Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserDirect Link to This Post
WA-8963 is the Fisher paint code for the bright blue metallic. Unless it was a 'one off' and the RPO code was never changed from what the car was supposed to be in the 'color blocks' the Fiero seems to have been painted in, if the 88's are any indication: The RPO sticker should say WA-8963 unless the earlier experimental blue cars were a different 'blue color code'. If the car was just 'pulled from the line' and done blue there might be no way to ever verify it because the car would have WA-8555 (black) for instance on the RPO sticker.

------------------
Notchbacks RULE

"Let a man drive a Fiero and he'll own one.
Teach a man to fix a Fiero and he'll own eight....errr...nine."

[This message has been edited by Fierobruiser (edited 07-14-2006).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
The blue 85 SE that was found in Georgia, that Ed Parks has now, did have the correct paint code. It seems like there was an over-ride code on the label as well, since it wasn't a standard color.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Great deal for $3000, wish I had found it. -Jason
Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserDirect Link to This Post
The add says 'only 10 blue ones ever made'. Has that been documented somewhere?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobruiser:

That's more than I remember hearing about. I thought there were only 4-5.

If her uncle was a foreman at the plant, he probably knows as well as anybody, though.

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Did anyone notice above, I said she saw a 1985 light yellow Fiero and a 1985 turquoise color Fiero that was built by the factory ?

I wonder if those were sold to the public, or just used as color demonstrators...

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Originally posted by GT86:

I wonder if those were sold to the public, or just used as color demonstrators...

Good question. If someone wants to give her a call, the number is listed above.

I spoke to her twice yesterday, she was very pleasant and loved talking about Fieros. Maybe if another person calls her, we might be able to learn more. Would love to here more from the uncle.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 07-15-2006).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2006 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobruiser:

Ed found one, now this one turned up. Maybe someone knows for sure.
PFF
System Bot
Earl-R

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2006 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-RDirect Link to This Post
I remember when I worked for GM it wasn't that unusual to paint a few cars with the next years colors or a test color. DuPont tested colors from time to time on the line. I guess seeing one actually painted made it easier to make a decision.

I also remember seeing V-6 and right hand drive Corvettes at the St. Louis plant before they moved when my dad was the superintendent of maintenance. So with that, it wouldn’t surprise me that a few Fieros were painted different colors looking ahead to the future and what might be appealing to the consumer.
perry rhodan

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2008 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for perry rhodanClick Here to visit perry rhodan's HomePageSend a Private Message to perry rhodanDirect Link to This Post
Someone have a picture of these "blue" SE...the picture of the AD is not there anymore. Or where I can fin a picture? I've heard of Ed Parks of Fiero Factory that have one of these two. Thanks!!!

[This message has been edited by perry rhodan (edited 10-09-2008).]

88 Database Guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2008 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Database GuyClick Here to visit 88 Database Guy's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88 Database GuyDirect Link to This Post
Here's a link to an archived thread where some pics are shown of the car sitting in my driveway at the bottom (thanks again to MinnGreenGT for posting them). I don't know how far Ed has gotten in working on it, but it's in good hands.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...020319-1-010522.html
perry rhodan

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2008 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for perry rhodanClick Here to visit perry rhodan's HomePageSend a Private Message to perry rhodanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks a lot!!!

I sent an email to Ed today. He responded to it very quickly. He told me that the car is sitting in the warehouse. From what I understand the restoration was not complete. Money and time constraints it seem.

He was unable to send me pictures of it.

Do you have the VIN and or a pic of the RPO tag?
Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2008 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
ik someone who has a 87 metalic blue notchie 4 spd with 55k miles on it for $4000

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock