Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 12)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 854
Last post by: Amida on 03-05-2009 02:44 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
I've got alot of catching up to do. Here's my latest console just assembled with Riceburner98's awesome hvac panel; still a few more to go along with an F40 dash, Fi355 interiors, Fi360 interior design, CF door mirrors, fender flares, Fi512 nose, GTP/GTO nose, etc..... I may need to start contracting out the fabrication side of things.

IP: Logged
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Before anyone buys turn signals for the fi355 nose, here is another good alternative from a 95-96 Maxima with a very similar shape to the original. The pocket will need filling with this as well to cover the outer corners.
x

x
From top to bottom: Sebring, Jeep Liberty, Maxima, F355. I'm almost ready to drop the Sebring lights because they are the smallest & have a steeper installed angle ( about 40* ) than the rest.
x

Tusch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschDirect Link to This Post
Would the indent be molded to each buyers light choice? This thing looks gorgeous. And the new coating just helps, is that just a gel coat?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tusch:

Would the indent be molded to each buyers light choice? This thing looks gorgeous. And the new coating just helps, is that just a gel coat?

Tusch,
I kept the original turn signal pockets as is. If another of the above lights is used I will just re-size the holes before shipping it out. That shiny black thing is the model all polished up & waxed ready for tooling. It's tempting me to change my red Formula to sinister black. Rob

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:
It's tempting me to change my red Formula to sinister black. Rob

I believe the answer is yes.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tusch:

I believe the answer is yes.

I might just do that in black. I'll need to add 2" flares up front & 2.5" rears to cover the wide wheels. I can just imagine it in all glossy black with carbon flares & bright silver wheels.
x

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
There's a very large cocoon growing in my shop & it looks like it's going to hatch any day now.
x

blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyDirect Link to This Post
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
Hurry up and finish it so you can get working on that 512 bumper.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

No, no, no. He needs to take his time. Especially if that's my bumper he's working on.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post
Are you takeing orders for the 355 bumper?
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Yep, I'll be starting on the Fi512 nose pretty shortly which will end up just as nice. Now that the basic configuration is setup the next nose design should not take as long. But, first got to take car of Ferrobi's dash & some Fi355 interior work.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
These earlier sketches are looking like they're about to become a reality.
x

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-11-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Are you takeing orders for the 355 bumper?

Yep, after I get my first demo unit made & mounted on my Formula. I'll first need to figure out material useage & proceedures. And also to figure out how much time this thing takes to make.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

Nothing like a happy Fiero.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Nothing like a happy Fiero.

It's supposed to be straight faced, & not so smiley happy.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
While waiting for fiberglass to cure again I came up with this widebody idea using the stock door panels. Side mouldings are hidden by adding side strakes directly over the moulding line. This also separates upper & lower intakes. Other features are: Stock wheelbase, 1" roof tilt, extended windshiled, extended sail panels and Fi355 nose .
x

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
I'm liking it so far.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
It'll look faster as a stretched chassis, but trying to keep it simple. The roof tilt may not be a simple task but it's not as complicated as a stretch.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
A ducktail spoiler would make it look even faster yet. j/k

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Custom2M4 is doing a LeMans dash so, I thought I'd see what a Lemans looks like. Here's a retro idea for the nose from a '69 LeMans GTO.
x
PFF
System Bot
blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyDirect Link to This Post

What does the 512 bumper sketch look like?
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

This is what my Le Mans looked like. 400ci of Pontiac Pride! Sold it two years ago.

------------------

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkcofy:

What does the 512 bumper sketch look like?

I haven't even started thinking of that one yet. It'll be flatter & straighter looking. The closest drawing that I've done is this one.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

This is what my Le Mans looked like. 400ci of Pontiac Pride! Sold it two years ago.

You sold it without the dash & wheels?

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

You sold it without the dash & wheels?

haha, not exactly. I had a parts car, in which I took the dash from. I really liked the styling and grew very attached to it. I actually installed real tan leather recaros in that le mans as well. It was a hell of a car.

Now as for the wheels your thinking about...

They came off another pontiac that I own currently. My 87 GTA 5.0L 5spd. I never ran drag radials on the le mans , I wish, but I didn't.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Your projects are looking very nice!! Keep up the good work, Love the last few renderings of yours!
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Nice LeMans. I had a 79 Grand Am, pulled the 301 and dropped in a 67 400/400. Loved that car. Still wish I didn't sell it. It had the crosslace TA rims and the 82-85 spoiler on it. I had a 77 hood scoop I was going to do, but sold it before I could do it. I had changed the interior to Gray and used Fiero seats, 86 2+2 carpet and a gray firebird rear seat. It was so sweet.

Rob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Since I brought up retro, here's my ride from highschool-college days. Started life as an Olive/tan '72 Malibu 350auto. Finished around 1990 with mild 350/4sp.,12bolt posi., SS interior & Lowered. I had Ferrari influence since the early 80s. Purchased from cousin for $800, sold it to dealer for $7500 who then turned around and sold it for $14000; made ME feel real stupid.
Thanks.
x

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Very nice! I actually had a 71' Chevelle 307/auto a few years back, and just sold a 66 chevelle a couple weeks ago. (*both 2 doors)

Neither were restored. The 66 required alot of work / money, both of which I'd rather sink into the fiero (don't ask why)

I love old muscle cars, but it really isn't the same after you've started auto-x' , and racing on a track. My miata couldn't keep up to the trans am in the straight away, but It'll pass it in a second around a corner.
Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschDirect Link to This Post
Who doesn't like a good Bump! Show us more of that sexy 355 bumper. I would love enough angles to compare it to the "germany style" and the "US style" 355's
blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyDirect Link to This Post
bumpity, bump...bump.
PFF
System Bot
Maetrix66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Maetrix66Click Here to visit Maetrix66's HomePageSend a Private Message to Maetrix66Direct Link to This Post
I've got alot of catching up to do. Here's my latest console just assembled with Riceburner98's awesome hvac panel;

OK, now I know this has to have been covered before, but where is the link for the HVAC controls??

I've been looking to relocate the HVAC controls, and this looks very nice.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Maetrix66:
OK, now I know this has to have been covered before, but where is the link for the HVAC controls??

I've been looking to relocate the HVAC controls, and this looks very nice.

I don't think Riceburner98 started a separate thread for the hvac panels. He has posted some stuff here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/060036.html

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Okay, the sun came out today just in time to take a few shots of my first Fi355 nose fresh out of the mould. This is just a test sample that I trimmed & test fitted without any prep work yet. Installing it was surprisingly easier than I'd expected. The turn signals are Ferrari 355 originals and the foglights are Catz 3.5". I'll have to design an optional grill for it next. I did have a little issue with the gelcoat & my new spray gun which got clogged as gelcoat solidified inside the gun while I was still spraying it. As a result my new nose got some alligatoring/wrinkling of the gelcoat surface because I was only able to spray half of the required amount. Luckily I was able to save the gun, but It took me two hours to clean it all out.

This new nose is looking pretty sharp, but the suspension is sitting the car up much too high; it looks like it's 4-wheeling. I'll have to drop this car a couple inches at least to give it a more aggressive stance. When I get a chance I'll clean it up & give it a matching paint job, but I've got alot of interior work to do yet, so I'll be switching gears here shortly.
x

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
A few more shots.
x

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

WHoooooooa that is sweeeeeeet !!

Nice job amida tweeking it ! It makes so much of a difference being seperate pieces like that !

The best part is you are going to be able to do other nose pieces off of that design,..totally awesome !
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work.

I am wondering if someone could photoshop a lowering job your on your car. or mabye add some bigger wheels?

It looks awesome.
LeviM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviMSend a Private Message to LeviMDirect Link to This Post

While waiting for fiberglass to cure again I came up with this widebody idea using the stock door panels. Side mouldings are hidden by adding side strakes directly over the moulding line. This also separates upper & lower intakes. Other features are: Stock wheelbase, 1" roof tilt, extended windshiled, extended sail panels and Fi355 nose .
x

that looks amazing.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
WHoooooooa that is sweeeeeeet !!

Nice job amida tweeking it ! It makes so much of a difference being seperate pieces like that !

The best part is you are going to be able to do other nose pieces off of that design,..totally awesome !

Thanks. The drawback to having two pieces, though, is that it takes nearly twice as long to make. Now I know why body kits are typically cast in one piece; to be more economical.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by CoryFiero:

Very nice work.

I am wondering if someone could photoshop a lowering job your on your car. or mabye add some bigger wheels?

It looks awesome.

When I lower the car, I'll throw on my 18s. But, I'll need fender flares because they are wider by 2 inches. Thanks.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock