Started on: 07-06-2004 12:51 AM
Replies: 92
Last post by: Bigfieroman on 12-01-2008 12:13 AM
cooguyfish

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post
bump for interest
IP: Logged
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Sorry shes into older guys (yaaa) and she has a steady boyfriend

BACK to thread. Why do people name cars, boats, ships, etc after women anyway. What was your reason for naming your newest one Vanessa ?

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 10-08-2004).]

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Well, my previous silver 87 GT was Sheila...she was a fun ride...kind of a fling, nothing too serious. Vanessa is a Red 88 GT with some serious mods...She is the kind of car that wears me out!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
LOL
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2004 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
WISH I WAS THERE TAKING THE PHOTO OF THE WONDERFUL VANESSA
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2005 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
She is working Sunday if you come to the club meeting...............
gt88norm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt88normSend a Private Message to gt88normDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
BACK to thread. Why do people name cars, boats, ships, etc after women anyway?

"Because if it's got _it_ or wheels it'll - 1) give ya trouble - 2) cost ya money - 3) be more fun than Disneyland" ....
take your pick
Norm

[This message has been edited by gt88norm (edited 03-17-2005).]

slickrick2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slickrick2000Send a Private Message to slickrick2000Direct Link to This Post

Heres my fav Vanessa...........

shes a 1985 model, 115 pnds, 5'3, 34-24-35, single and incredibly hot, no known defects ...lol

Whats sad is the first thing I thought of when I saw this pic was I sure hope there are no buttons or anything on that skirt scratching the paint. <hangs head in shame>

Yeah I'm married goin on 6 yrs. I'll blame it on that. And my pet peeve is someone who leans against someone elses car....LOL

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
85, Jeez, IM an older man for gods sake. and Im only 22. Where does the time go?
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post

Spelling! Please check your spelling and capitalization! The proper use of diction reflects your intellegence, attention to detail and mastery of the English language. Do not be tempted by laziness. Would you sand your Fiero only one time before painting? Or, would you take the time to do it correctly the first time?
I enjoy reading your insights, but hate it it when I can't decipher what a particular mis-spelling is supposed to mean or convey. Can't read or write? Go back to remedial English class. Just a heads up.

Sincerely,

Kevin J. Sullivan
916-600-6482
kevinsullivan@frontiernet.net

PFF
System Bot
naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

Spelling! Please check your spelling and capitalization! The proper use of diction reflects your intellegence, attention to detail and mastery of the English language. Do not be tempted by laziness. Would you sand your Fiero only one time before painting? Or, would you take the time to do it correctly the first time?
I enjoy reading your insights, but hate it it when I can't decipher what a particular mis-spelling is supposed to mean or convey. Can't read or write? Go back to remedial English class. Just a heads up.

Sincerely,

Kevin J. Sullivan
916-600-6482

You resurrected a 2 month old post for that?

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
guess it annoyed him that much...
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2005 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Finally got some new pics of the car with all of the stuff I have added. Here you go!

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2005 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post

Bigfieroman

2416 posts
Member since Nov 2000
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2005 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
Alright BFM:

Cough up the info on those GT Scoops! Those things look sweet. You should start a thread on those alone!

BTW: Nice ride.

--Allen

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2005 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Vanessa is looking pretty hot !!

Good job !

those turbo scoops do look good also.

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2005 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

Sincerely,

Kevin J. Sullivan
916-600-6482

hahaha... "i enjoy reading your insights, but hate [it it] when i can't "

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2005 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Mcaanda,

Those are Fierostore turbo window scoops, and they have been a nightmare. I needed new quarter windows, and I could not find NOS originals for less than 7 figures each. I have seen some reproductions, but the ones I have seen have looked terrible and been kinda cloudy...I think they were fierowarehouse's original repros.

I liked the looks of the turbo window scoops, but I always thought that they looked terrible when painted body color, as most people do. I decided to try something new, and paint them gloss black with custom GT decals from Paul McRibben to replicate the look of the stock windows. I also wanted clear windows instead of tinted. So, I called up the owner of Webb Lamination works, the place that makes the scoops for the fiero store, and had him make me some clear windows. He told me it would take a month to arrive from his supplier, it took 5 months. The scoops themselves were pretty rough and required a lot of fitting and gelcoat repair.

The passenger side scoop is too short front to back. there is about 1/8th inch of body showing at the back of the scoop. On the driver's side, the opening for the window was cut too large, such that there is a gap at the top and bottom of the window. I had to use wide black double sided tape to cover the gap and attach the window securely. The front of the drivers side scoop also has an angle that is off a few degrees. The angle would not let the front of the scoop sit flush and had to be trimmed quite a bit, allowing some of the underbody to show.

I called the owner Webb Lamination works back and complained. I sent him pictures and showed him all of the problems with the scoops. I also told him that it had cost me nearly $500 to get the scoops on, with finishing cost and everything. He was appaled that the fierostore is charging $230 for the scoops, he said that if he was selling them to the public, he would sell them for $100. He also said that the mold has gotten old an probably needs redone to solve the problems. He considered just stopping production, but he told me a month ago that he was planning to redo the mold. As for me, he is not sure if he is going to give me a new set of scoops or monetary compensation. I am going to push for both, so I can have a new set of scoops finished without any additional cost. New scoops alone would still leave me with another bill for finishing, and money would still leave me with scoops that look like poo close up. We'll see what comes of this.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2005 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Very nice and clean. I agree that using the clear windows instead of painting them the same as the car is a great idea.

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2005 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
WOW... nice rim choice, car is very nicely put together! great job

------------------

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050262.html "Ritalin"

PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2005 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

shes a 1985 model, 115 pnds, 5'3, 34-24-35, single and incredibly hot, no known defects ...lol

Ok let's talk mileage!

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2005 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
I just replaced the rear KYBs with Konis, and the front springs with 1" shorter springs of the same rate. Now I can drop the car down to a lower level, about 1.5" lower than it was. Pics to follow.

Some highlights: the rear was beginning to bounce lice crazy of certain road ripples, and would take like 10 seconds to stop. On top of that, the KYBs were leaking oil like a sieve. I knew they were shot, but damn...they were gone! There was some oil left, but the shaft would move real easy and then "hit" the oil, creating uneven damping. The nitrogen charge was LONG gone. These struts are 3 years and 30,000 miles old! They were rusty and generally destroyed. Add me to the list of people who say that only Konis should be used on handling-oriented fieros.

A quick lesson on why quality springs make a huge difference:

My original front coil-over springs came with the HMS kit. The 8" long no-name springs sagged 1/2", meaning when I removed them, their free height was 7.5", and they were almost completely rust-covered after 1.5 years.

The QA1 front springs were of medium quality/reputation, and they sagged 1/8" over 9" total length, meaning they were 8.875" when removed, and got small spots of rust over 9 months.

The Eibach rear springs I still have, (twice the price of the QA1s), each sagged 1/16" over 12"!! Also, after a year and 16k miles, they look as new as the day I got them. Amazing.

All togather, including replacing the rear e-brake cables, repairing the upper strut mount, and grinding/fitting the Konis, it took me 17 hours this past weekend. Unfortunately, from all of the movement, one of my new Fierostore DOT brake lines let go, so I lost my brakes when I tried to pull out for a test drive. I guess I can wait a couple more days to drive it...

[This message has been edited by Bigfieroman (edited 09-19-2005).]

2000RagTop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2005 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2000RagTopSend a Private Message to 2000RagTopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigfieroman:

I have had a ridiculously large signature for far too long, and I apologize. So, in a move "inspired" by 2000RagTop, I have decided to go with a thread with information about my car and include the link in my signature.

Well, I read this when you first posted this, but I never did say thank you.........An over due "Thank you"
This is nice to hear

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2005 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Got those new pics yet with the lower stance ??
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2005 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
I am going to try to find someplace photogenic and just go nuts tomorrow. I need a new sig pic anyway.

------------------
Thanks Aus!
More info at: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043357.html

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2005 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post

Bigfieroman

2416 posts
Member since Nov 2000
Ok, I got some pics. It looks great, I really like the lowered stance. It is probably 1.25" lower in the rear and maybe 1.75" lower in the front. Camber is a beautiful thing...the camber increases as the ride height drops, I decided not to get it aligned because the camber is not too extreme...but wow, the limits are higher. The 1.5" lower center of gravity doesn't hurt either. I still have not been able to find the limits fully; I am actually starting to scare myself. Can anyone make me a new sig with one of the updated pics?

[This message has been edited by Bigfieroman (edited 09-30-2005).]

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Lots of fun stuff has happened recently. I am just going to copy-past from another thread for simplicity's sake.

At the end of October, I broke my car at Milan drag way on a 5500 RPM launch. Something in the drive train between the axles and engine broke, probably due to wide tires, lots of traction, and a grippy clutch.

After some research on the forum, I found it likely that I had stripped out the splines on the axle, so all I had to do was remove the axles, pull out the chunks of spline, and put in a new set. I picked up a new (used) pair of axles and finally got a good weekend just before thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I found this:

The stub of the axle was wedged in the transmission, and we could not find any good way to get it out. Tina had this same problem, and she had someone stick a welding rod to the exposed face of the stub, and was able to remove it that way...but I was already committed to change out the tranny at that point.

So I set out to find a transmission for the car. I wanted a freshly rebuilt getrag, and went to Will, but he did not have time to rebuild one by when I needed it, (Dec. 9th). So, he pointed me to www.mantrans.com where I ordered one on Dec. 1st; $900 including shipping to and back for the core. Here is the tread detailing how that went:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/056183.html

Basically, the salesman did not know how to use the maps on the UPS website, and shipped it a day late. I had a place, friends, and all the tools lined up for that weekend, (weekend of the 9th), but the tranny did not arrive until Monday of the following week, which was finals week. Finals extend into the next weekend and then all of my friends leave the state, so I had to find a new place, assistance, everything to do it the week after finals.

Here are some pics of the transmission when it arrived:

Luckily, KurtAKX was willing to help, and since his father is a Fiero guy as well, his father volunteered his garage to the cause. The first day we worked on it, we thrashed pretty hard and got the old transmission out and the clutch off. And so, we came to the only really good point of the whole job. The clutch, a SPEC stage 2, was in amazingly good condition. It was in there for 1.5 years and 15xxx miles, but it really showed no wear at all, not even any heat checking. Even the machining marks on the flywheel did not look worn down at all (compared with the marks where the clutch didn't touch), and the disk didn't look like it had even finished breaking in yet. Anyway, on with the pictures:

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post

Bigfieroman

2416 posts
Member since Nov 2000

We took it slow on reassembly, since the only requirement was that I get back by Christmas Eve. On the second day of working, we found something kind of aggravating. All of the tapped holes in the transmission were full of sandblasting gunk, and then painted over. We tapped out all of the holes again, and then found that the brass shifter piece on the shift shaft was installed upside down:

Old:

New:

We spent over three hours prepping the transmission for install, tapping the aforementioned holes, transferring brackets, installing the throwout bearing, transferring the reverse switch, VSS, and dipstick, all that cool stuff. That day was completed after we reinstalled the clutch and bolted the tranny back to the engine. Let me tell you, getting those two to mate up is a NIGHTMARE!

Now, some pics and info about the old getrag. There is a complex mystery surrounding this transmission: It is not the original. The previous owner had the car from 25xxx to 637xx, and he had the clutch changed but said he never had the transmission changed. The odd part is that the transmission has an 87 style screw-in dipstick, (the car is an 88), but it also has some weird add-on sheet metal dipstick tube. In other words, it has 2 dipsticks. I have never seen the sheet metal style, and I know it is not from an 88. Also, the transmission had the add-on bearings on the sides, (no wonder it was leaking at the axles). Here are some pics:

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post

Bigfieroman

2416 posts
Member since Nov 2000

And the pic of the culprit:

In the last two pics, you can see the dipstick I am talking about. If anyone has any idea what is up with that thing, please let me know.

The next day was kind of slow; we reattached all of the mounts and reattached everything that is done from the bottom. We finished by swinging the cradle back up.

The fourth day, we reassembled everything else, except the wheel well liners. We had some trouble getting the slave to give full throw. Even though the system was not opened and the slave was less than a year old, there was lots of air in the system. We bled it some, but we were having issues with the slave, it was leaking air somewhere.

On the fifth day, the wheel well liners were reinstalled and the car was dropped back on its wheels. We got a decent bleed eventually, but the pedal kept getting spongy over time, so I called the Fiero Store and had a new slave overnighted; time was getting thin.

The sixth day, the day before Christmas Eve, was lots of fun. The package was tracking that it had been "rescheduled" for delivery on the 27th. UPS said I could drive to the hub to pick it up, but only after the hub called me to let me know it was ok to pick up. I waited for 2 hours, and UPS corporate kept telling me to keep waiting for the call, but I got pissed and eventually just went to the hub. When I got there, they told me that it had come in late and was out on a special truck, aka, not at the hub. We went back to Kurt's house and waited another 2 hours for the slave to arrive. We were having lots of trouble getting full release, but after I bought a vacuum bleeder, things were going well. We put the bleeder on the system one last time to try to get that last bit of pedal, but Kurt suffered from a temporary mental lapse and let the reservoir go dry. (Don't worry; I had a much bigger bonehead moment, to be described further down) There was air trapped in the master and we could no longer get full release. We bled for 3 hours, putting about a gallon of fluid through, but we could not get full release. I decided to take it out for a test drive at the end of the night to test everything else (starting it in gear). It drove fine, except for some squealing noises coming from the tranny...

It turns out that the clutch hub was installed backwards on the disk, as was common with some early SPEC clutches. It protrudes on the tranny side and contacts the throwout bearing sleeve. I paid $550 to have everything torn apart again and a new SPEC clutch installed. Spec is still determining if I will be getting a refund for the new one or not.

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post

Bigfieroman

2416 posts
Member since Nov 2000
One last fun fact: the new transmission's gearing is different. It has the quad 4 gearing, with a 3.94 final drive, a 1.04 4th gear, and a 0.81 fifth gear.

It turns 3000 rpm at 70 mph with 25" tires. It is hurting my mileage, but it it peppier. It pisses me off because I wanted to swap in a LS1 in the next 5 years and this transmission won't do.

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2006 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Ok let's talk mileage!

Believe it or not, mint, never been driven. Shes now engaged to her first and only ever bf. She really is one of the few 'good' girls...if your into that kind of thing........LOL.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2006 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
where are you going to school at in MI, I am a student at UM - flint.
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2006 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post

wowwie, me likey

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2006 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Dark,

I am going to Kettering, I will be back in early april.

------------------

More info at: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043357.html

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Just installed a Hurst pistol-grip shift knob, which really feels great and is very easy to use.

Also installed my new Grant wheel, only 12" in diameter (REALLY SMALL! Stock is 14.5"), with 1" spacer adapter!

I think they look ok, the wheel is very small, but I will get used to it, and the shift knob looks a little tacky but the ergonomics are just spectacular.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

and the shift knob looks a little tacky

Agree there, but I think that the rest of the car can smooth out a one or 2 of those sorta things.
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it is a little tacky, but it is just so much nicer than any knob I have used in the past. As expected, it gets a little warm (aka thermonuclear hot) in the sun, but I can forgive it's faults. I like the nice weight it added to the shifts...the old knob was thin plastic wrapped in leather, this one is CNCed billet aluminum.

It is a lot longer than my old knob, so the added leverage prompted me to install Rodney's Ultimate Getrag Shift kit (replacing "Quick Shift Arm". I also installed the V6 idler pulley, so my belt doesn't squeal anymore (soooooooo embarassing), bled the clutch, adjusted the shift cable to center the shifter, and cleaned/reset the IAC to clean up the idle. Next set of upgrades include a new subwoofer, windshield washer nozzle, pass. side door weatherstrip, a part in the column, and HVAC mode acutator, prolly next weekend.

[This message has been edited by Bigfieroman (edited 08-08-2006).]

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigfieroman:

The hubs are not HMS modified, they are stock 88, aka $180 each...hence, damnit.

The wheels are the Beretta GTZ wheels from my old car...I love them. I am going to be refinishing them with actual polyurethane wheel paint so they won't chip the moment they hit the pavement.

Here is a nice pic of my old car I found...the last before the accident, and I think the most beautiful.

Holy Crap! I totally forgot, thank you so much for the signature, Ausfiero! My post was so long, I completely forgot to referance/thank/credit you! Thank you so very much!

that looks kind of familiar
------------------
Soon to be a Northstar

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 08-08-2006).]

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Erik,

Why drop the 3.4 DOHC? Not enough power/upgradability? As nice as the Northstar is, it is a big, heavy engine with a high center of gravity, and it is $$$$$ to upgrade. I myself am looking at an LS-series engine after I graduate college.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock