Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 19)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 839
Last post by: madcurl on 04-11-2009 03:31 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
A lot of ideas for Fiero here... you just have to look very hard for them. One example is Factory 5 company.

Similar to Norm's flipper, but different.

Factory 5 uses the Corvette wiper blade and motor. Everything else is fabrication in house. The wiper only works in 2-speeds (medium and slow).
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Leroy was eye balling these concept Lexus mirrors made Axis 5 (mis-spelling). I'm not 100% sure if they're legal to use. The tri-angular piece could be fitted for chop tops.

A Fiero owner would love a set of these on his/her ride.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-07-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I found a few possible diffusers (if GM survives?)

The 1.5 million dollar car. (pipe dream diffuser, hehe)

American made (it won't break the bank, hehe)

GT40

Edit: add pics

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-13-2008).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Curley,

Have you contacted Norm for a diffuser? I imagine it would be something he could do.
I am getting one of his dual exhaust diffusers for my Solstice.
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Leroy was eye balling these concept Lexus mirrors made Axis 5 (mis-spelling). I'm not 100% sure if they're legal to use. The tri-angular piece could be fitted for chop tops.

I believe those are cameras... I'm not 100% though.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Curley,

Have you contacted Norm for a diffuser? I imagine it would be something he could do.
I am getting one of his dual exhaust diffusers for my Solstice.

Norm was at SEMA, but I didn't run onto him there. I have an idea for a diffuser, but for the wide-body only. In my mind I think it will work and aid in the over-all flow under the car.

Originally posted by HC:

I believe those are cameras... I'm not 100% though.

Yes. It was not functional, but was merly "concept form" only. We were viewing the possibilites on a Choptop Fiero. Granted Jay Leno's EcoTech car had them and his car is CA legal. Granted, we choptop owners can always use the old "stand-bys" hehe.

SEMA show 2008

F430 MIRROR

edit: add pics

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Possible add-on diffusers for the Mad-Arch wide body kit using the Pont G8.

PONT G8

Hood scoop pics. It's been performed before on a Fiero, but turned around.

Edit: adding pics.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
We need more HRE picks, stop holding out!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
While in CA (06:00HR), a CHP cruiser rolled-up behind so I moved over to the slow lane. The officers (two of them inside) came up next to #020, stayed there for a few seconds while the passenger viewed the chopper. As the passenger was with-in view I waved. They then slowed down onto the median and made a U-turn. The incident ended as quickly as they rolled-up behind me.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

While in CA (06:00HR), a CHP cruiser rolled-up behind so I moved over to the slow lane. The officers (two of them inside) came up next to #020, stayed there for a few seconds while the passenger viewed the chopper. As the passenger was with-in view I waved. They then slowed down onto the median and made a U-turn. The incident ended as quickly as they rolled-up behind me.

it's always nice when they don't pull you over. when I had my lambo kit I got pulled over 2 times just so they could look at it.
just goes to show you that even cops are car guys. LOL.

nice pic's from SEMA
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
My fiero is a cyclops. Started to rough in passenger side head light and did some fiberglassing on rear bumper.

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Looking good Godfather !

Keep those pics coming !
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Looking good Godfather !

Keep those pics coming !

More pic's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the Choptop race is on, who will be the first to get to paint? Godfather or me?
we will find out soon enough I guess.
as long as I am up and running for Daytona all is well.
even if the car is still in primer. LOL

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

More pic's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the Choptop race is on, who will be the first to get to paint? Godfather or me?
we will find out soon enough I guess.
as long as I am up and running for Daytona all is well.
even if the car is still in primer. LOL

No pressure now. I'm hoping for paint by Daytona if not it will be in primer. But the race is on just for fun and motivation.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

No pressure now. I'm hoping for paint by Daytona if not it will be in primer. But the race is on just for fun and motivation.

I agree it was just ment as a motivator!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I'm always looking for new ideas for the choptops. At the SEMA show I found several one being Factory 5.

Although, #020 uses the 350Z glass so does (now) Factory 5.

While talking to several of Factory 5's reps, they informed me that they're using a glass company that specially makes the 350Z and especially side glass custom made. As you can see, there isn't a window washer hole on the tweaked 350Z glass and that the defroster lines have been removed. Factory 5 also informed me that the original 350Z glass shape is changed a bit. As for how-much I don't know, but either way on my next choptop (using a rear glass) I know where to purchase one. The cost is about $300 or so.

IMO the 350Z rear glass is perhaps the "best" one for a choptop wide body vs. others and Factory 5 has the cash flow to tweak it.

It appears that the EcoJet and Factory 5 share the same front windshield or similar size. Both have the raked chopped flow, but the EcoJet has a flat rear windshield similar other replica Lambo I've seen.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
nice find Curly. I like it.
always lots to see at SEMA. I wish I could have gone this year.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
A few choptop chronicles pics from my 3,000 mile trip from Archie's.

The trip ended as quickly as it began, starting with my trip down south to catch a flight from LAX. I stopped by the Bay Areas water supply and at the time it was at a all time low.

Somewhere West on I-40.

At Outback chowing down on some tender juicy steaks

Super Friends mini choptop meet at Flagstaff.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
A few ideas from Jay Leno's EcoJet car using gull-wings. What I found interesting is that the EcoJet doors. The roof cut-outs don't extend nearly as far as the Ford GT doors and that the doors swing up and out of the way (as for rain gutters, well I think you're going to get wet).

The question is; Is it a possibility for such an item installed on choptop? I think the answer is ....yes. As for the rest of the car, I think it's a mixture of retro and modern cars of today (minus the engine). I do think the sail window are nicely done alone with the over-all design, but you can tell that the desingers where borrowing ideas from the past especially the rear side clips (Cadillac wing fins comes to mind).

If you look carefully, you'll notice that there's side cameras installed with-in the fender vents aided by dual screen mounted out on the left and right of the speedo. This is needed since you can't use a rear view mirror. Over-all I thought the EcoJet was a really nice ride.

Edit: spelling errors what else, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-14-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Front side vents revisted;

Plenty of ideas floating around SEMA, especially for those who want to go wide up front using vents;

MOMO Trek sterring wheel similar to the HRE 547 center pattern.

245/30/20

although, I attempted to perform a side vent on #020 there's still plenty of ideas to tweak from.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Rear deck/glass revisted for choptops.

The Audi R8 rear side glass vents. I didn't have a ruler with me, but I wish I had. The Ford GT for #020 was a bit too short, but maybe this might do the trick. Interseting that Audi uses the defroster veins on the rear windshield.

Moosler's (mis-spelled) rear carbon hatch too is another unique idea that could be used for a choptop rear hatch instead of the 350Z glass

Edit: additional comments

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-14-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by madcurl:

Front side vents revisted;

Plenty of ideas floating around SEMA, especially for those who want to go wide up front using vents;

245/30/20

this might work for my front end instead of chopping the whole bottom sides off it to widen it.
not the big screen door hole but the bottom lip by the tire and a vent more like the F430
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Possible new ideas to glean from using a choptop notch back with the C-pillar raked back with an extended sail glass.

Very, very expensive Lambo tail lamps, but they'd look good as notchback replacements

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by troyboy:

We need more HRE picks, stop holding out!!

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post

Alright madcurl the suspense is kill me, I'm sure Troy too. Your holding back on the pics.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Alright madcurl the suspense is kill me, I'm sure Troy too. Your holding back on the pics.

HRE Carbon Fiber rim. $10k a set. Intended for High-end for Porshes, Ferrari, and Lamborghini owners.

From talking to HRE, unlike conventual rims, if you bend the carbon rims, they can't repair them.

HRE 541R BLACK

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2008 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Twice today, I crossed paths with an Audi R8 while driving #020. I saw the Audi with its beautiful multi day lights standing out from the crowd. The driver glanced at #020 as we passed each other going in opposite directions. An hour later, I pulled onto the same road and there he was... right behind me. We both pulled into the turn lane with the Audi on my tail while we waited for the light to turn green.

One minute, two minutes went by as people keep rubber necking the Audi and #020. As I looked at my rear view mirror I could see the driver peeking at the light-up PONTIAC wondering what type of Pontiac (kind of a not so proud moment since I don’t have paint).

A few moments later the light turn green and we continued for about 10-miles with the Audi on my tail. I must say, those Audi driving lights are "SWEET." As we rolled through the slow twisty (traffic's backed-up) I kept eyeballing those sweet running lights and the unique grill. The excitement ended as quickly as it began with no issues. At the junction, the Audi went south and I continued west.

Later on at Big Slice Pizza joint, I parked #020 along side the road and walked in for a slice. As I came back, two guys were waiting to asks some questions, you know the usual, "what is it, is that a V8, how did it fit inside." One of the guys was quite surprised that a V8 could fit inside the back without issues. I told him, "Yeah, they fit LS7's in the back," and on that note, I started the N* up and left.

Oh yeah, the guy asked, "Is my car a custom job?" Yep.
Sorry, I looked too dorky trying to take pics.

Edit: I can't spell, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-15-2008).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Who is going to be the first to do 15.5" brakes?? (ZR1)

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Curley and I were talking about that at Sema, but they just over power the wheels. They look better in the pictures then they do in person. IMHO
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Curley and I were talking about that at Sema, but they just over power the wheels. They look better in the pictures then they do in person. IMHO

I agree. Could almost pass a brake pad dust shield.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
A bright sunny day in CA.

Once again, #020 draws a crowd this time while at the gas station. A couple in a blue Porsche Turbo was backing up from the gas/store, but they made a U-turn to check out the chopper while my wings up during the fill-up. Right after that, a group of bikers (men and women) pulled in behind me. The first female biker shouted, "Nice car" while the other congregated near their pump, but I could barely hear them due to the roar of their engines.

However, after it quieted down I over heard one of the women say something regarding her 300Z and the similarities between the two. Apparently, the 300Z owner knew it was a Fiero when I commented that it's a 20 yr old car when she said, "Yeah you've taken good care of this car and I love your wheels."

While at Wing Fat Chinese restaurant I got the usual "snap that neck" from passer-byes like Porsche drivers and those import kids. Even one of the cooks came out of the kitchen, put his arms on his hips and stare until I pulled off. I was parked along side the road so I made sure my drivers side mirror was folded, hehe. An old guy (maybe 70+ yrs old) stared several minutes while I waited for my food as he scratched his head trying to figure out what it was.
PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

. Interseting that Audi uses the defroster veins on the rear windshield.

If I'd have to venture a guess: Some law in some crazy state or country requirers that "cars be equipped with an electric rear window defroster", or something to that act. While vehicle laws have good intentions, some of them are draconian and don't necessarily make sense in all cases. It's a "check box" kind of thing: "Rear defroster - check."

Heck, Tesla had to smash up a roadster prototype (by hitting it at 60mph) and flip it upside down just to prove that no electrolyte is leaking. (Weird CA law in case parked/stranded cars in the emergency lane get rear ended on the freeway by an inattentive driver.) Needless to say, no electrolyte leaked out. - Which they knew ahead of the test. - mostly because electrolyte in Li-Ion batteries is NOT liquid.

Madcurl, did you take any pictures of Jay Leno's EcoJet interior? Dash, etc?
Did you figure out where the LED's are for the Audi R8's accent lighting?

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Here's Jim88GT making the rounds with #010 at a local car show.

Are these "Fieroaddiction 13" Wilwood kit" big brakes?
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Are these "Fieroaddiction 13" Wilwood kit" big brakes?

Yes - got the 13" package from Held a couple years back.

Jim
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

If I'd have to venture a guess: Some law in some crazy state or country requirers that "cars be equipped with an electric rear window defroster", or something to that act. While vehicle laws have good intentions, some of them are draconian and don't necessarily make sense in all cases. It's a "check box" kind of thing: "Rear defroster - check."

Madcurl, did you take any pictures of Jay Leno's EcoJet interior? Dash, etc?
Did you figure out where the LED's are for the Audi R8's accent lighting?

According to pass conversations regarding the defroster, in NY it is required , but not in CA.

Sorry, I took pleny of pics, but only a few of the interior. I'll post them on Monday.

As for the Audi; I didn't take any accent pics of the Audi lighting.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2008 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I roll down to LAX in #020 today. Right after Gilroy, I was tired so I stop for a quick rest and a shot of Double Expresso. Well, 30-minutes later, I was finally able to leave.

I parked #020 well away from the main entrance and at a angle too, but as soon as I down the expresso.. two truck drivers got out of their rigs and headed my way. One guy asked me if my car was a 300Z, I said, "No. It's a Fiero." That quickly prompted the next driver to come closer to inspect the car.

Both truckers couldn't believe it was a Fiero. 30-minutes later the guy wanted the shops # who performed the work. I think what caught their eyes was the front clip and another guy was the rear clip. They all mentioned that the car is truly a one-off and he wanted one... seriously!!! Good thing I was wearing the V8Archie T-shirt. The truckers quickly got back into their trucks and searched for the website. The truckers were from NJ.

200-miles later, I was leaving Panda's Express when a Father and daughter approached me as I entered the car. Yes. another 15-minutes later I was on my way. Oh yeah, while I was eating (eyeballing my car) several people from Jamba Juice walked over to the car (one was a girl). One guy stopped, exited the car and starred at it for a few minutes.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-18-2008).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2008 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
that's what happens when you have a custom.
going to the store takes you 2hrs to run in and grab milk. but that is all part of it if you want to drive it.
at one point every car, truck, and motorcycle was a custom and I had to sell the truck so I could buy a new stock one to have somthing I
could drive without everyone stoping to talk to me. not that I don't like it but I needed to get some work done!

Godfather, any updates?

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 11-18-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2008 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I was being followed yesterday for nearly 4-miles. I exited the freeway he exited the freeway. I made a left turn he made a left. I turn into the gas station; you guess it- he turns into the station. A young guy maybe in his late 20s or early 30s immediately asked, "Is that a Pontiac"? The guy couldn't believe his own eyes especially the front end. He wanted to know where he could buy one just like mine. I was wearing the V8Archie T-shirt so that saved some minutes cause I was in a hurry.

A lady in her late 20s asked was it a Ferrari. She was shocked when I informed her it’s a 21- yr old Fiero. I left her with her jaw hanging. Two construction workers walking into a Quickie Mart store asked if the car was a Fiero. They walked over to see if I was lying, hehe. I’ve been ordered (by cousin) to show-up at grandmas has for visuals.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
#020 chronicles;

Okay, on my way to the local Safeway store (@ 00:45HR to avoid the crowds in the day time), I saw four or five squad cars parked at the 7-11 in town. I normally, coast in @ 35mph quietly w/o attracting to much attention... oh well too late. Apparently one of the officer needed to check-out the ride, so after I parked and went inside the store one of the P.D. officers was checking #020 out while I was inside. No biggie since many of the officers know my cars, and me but #020 it's been three years.

As I walked out, the squad car was driving away, but I didn't know where he'd had gone so made sure to stop at those silly stop signs at each and every corner in the parking lot. After a couple corners and stops there was the squad car parked near the exit. Yeah, he viewed #020 as I slowly passed him and while at the red light he made a U-turn to take one last look. I was a little bit worried since I'm still waiting on GM to send me the side lamp pigtails.

On Saturday (yesterday), a white Ferrari 430 was heading the opposite way. He and his rider were caught eyeballing the ride. I'm sure they had no idea what it was I was driving, based upon a few comments from others on town regarding the front end. One of the young guys who drive a supped-up Dodge Neon said the same thing today while at Starbucks.

The Neon driver knows me and commented that the front end looks like a Lotus and that he like the look of the car.....cool. He went onto say that the car is way different than the others and asked was it a kit? Well, you know that takes some explanation so I kept it simple... "Yes. It's a kit."

While in Bakersfield, CA getting back onto the freeway two homeless guys stopped what they we're doing and started eyeballed the car until the light turned green. It was kind of funny seeing them drop the signs and forget about panhandling, hehe. Prior to that I was at a drug store and several guys circled my ride and then parked to check it out to which another driver did the same. Keep in mind I parked well away from the main entrance with no other cars near bye so it was odd seeing these guys parked near #020 with all of that available parking. Anyway, I didn't have time to talk 30-minutes so I was gone.

The next day I was parked at a restaurant (on the street again) with the outside mirror folded. After I ordered one guy was standing for the entire time it took to pick-up my take-out dinner. I'm just there starring through the big window making sure nothing happens. 15-minutes later he was still there waiting for me. He knew the car was a Pontiac (tail lamps dead give-away), but was confused at that point. I quickly cleared the confusion and he too later said, he thought it was some type of Lotus/Pontiac, but was totally baffled.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Today, I came across a sweet tomato red Viper convertible. We passed each other twice during the 8-mile run. I caught him peeking at number #020 while trying to figure out what type of car I was driving so, I got in front of him showing off the PONTIAC tail lamps, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-24-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock