Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Grease Paint, a Bald Man costume cap, liquid latex, and a Pontiac Fiero...

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Grease Paint, a Bald Man costume cap, liquid latex, and a Pontiac Fiero... by Synthesis
Started on: 08-20-2008 03:24 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 09-05-2008 01:42 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Stay tuned for the shocking coverage of things you probably never wanted to see!

Coming: Tuesday, August 26th.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
aceman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
Chris, you've been eating arctic silver on the job again?
87GT_97114

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT_97114Click Here to visit 87GT_97114's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87GT_97114Direct Link to This Post
Chode in a clown costume on Tripping the Rift?
Better yet, Six

------------------

'85GT Indy clone 4.9 4T60E
'78 Toyota longbed, parts runner
'05 Aztek daily driver (The Great Pumpkin)
'87 30' Kit Classic TT, living in it.

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I must be a really sick puppie. I looked at theis thread even after reading the title!

I'm beginning to wonder whats wrong with me!

------------------

Sail Panel Window Alternative https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/043053.html
My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

I must be a really sick puppie. I looked at theis thread even after reading the title!

I'm beginning to wonder whats wrong with me!

I had to make sure there weren't any pics of me posted.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2008 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
huh?

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

More information can be found here:

http://www.planbmn.com/foru...wtopic.php?f=3&t=235

We did a "Blue Man Group" style event, with no blue allowed.

We showed up, wandered around the Minnesota State Fair, and just had a wonderful time as normal people of varying colors. We even made the local Fox 9 News live.

Our theme was "Unity". No matter what color you are, you can always have fun at the State Fair.

It was a blast!

This was a fiddler just outside of the fair, notice us sneaking up behind him. We all surrounded him and had a photo taken.

Here we all are as we waited for the Fox anchor to come back to us with the camera live at the Fair.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 08-27-2008).]

buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
more pics please
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceDirect Link to This Post
green women, wheres capt. kirk when you need him
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

more pics please

Find the Oompa Loompa. No, really, he is there. Find him.

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like someone heading to a Star Trek convention.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

The bald guy wig failed. I removed it, you still see some of the glue on my forehead.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
My mission log from the beginning:

After applying the makeup and the bald guy cap, we stopped at the dollar store to pick up some gloves.

As we backed out of the parking spot, someone walking through the lot stopped dead in her tracks. She stopped and stared.

I couldn't move because she was standing in front of the car staring at us... So finally, she continued on, and I gave her a real brief description of the event. She said "Have fun!".

Not 10 seconds later, another car was pulling around when the driver noticed my face was the same color as my car. She appeared to nearly have a heart attack... It was funny.

We drove to the Mall of America to pick up the bus from there, and that is where we met Steve. (The purple dude!)

Me next to my car.

We helped him get all greased up for the pig wrassling... And then waited for Dan and Scott to show up. While waiting, Mark (The Incredible Hulk) showed up, very well painted. We were all impressed by his body painting skills. If you need a body painted, he is the guy to do it!

We made jokes with our bus driver about discriminating based on the color of our skin. He was a great sport and played along. Metro Transit bus drivers have a great sense of humor! More on this later.

Once we arrived at the State Fair bus stop, we realized that my bald man wig was coming off. Not good. So I ripped it off. Very painful with the spirit gum.

I had planned on shaving my head for the event, but decided against it.
At the bus stop, we got all sorts of strange looks from passersby as we helped each other prepare for the event.

Dan looking at the camera.

Steve (Droona) ran off to check himself in the mirror.

Several people came by with their kids, so I shared the love by spreading the grease paint! (No photos sadly.)

More prepwork being done.

ShortStuff using the vending machines as a mirror.

More participants from Facebook showed up to help out! I didn't catch all their names, as things were getting pretty hectic.

They brought their own water based paints and went to town!

Lots of people stopped and asked what we were doing. Handing them a business card with the website on it with a brief description of the group seemed to suffice.

"Dude! You missed a spot!"

The unwitting fiddler got a lot of attention! He was a great sport.

Heading into the fair!

Big Brother is watching you!

The adventure begins!

Wait, is that the Hulk I see?

At the News Stand, seeking autographs from some on-air personalities! They weren't in, so we left dejected.

Wait, what's this?

[southpark]IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US![/southpark]

In the arcade, having fun!

Watching Oompa Loompa #1 do the Dance machine.

Here I am showing off my manliness by getting my butt kicked by a punching bag.

Quick! EVERYONE GO THAT WAY!

From left to right, Me, Nikki, Someone from Facebook, and Zach!

We tried to ride the bikes at WCCO to help power their broadcast. We were turned away as they were closing.

Random Shots of us.

We made our way around the fair and found ourselves back at our pre-ordained meeting spot.

We had lost several of the crew, and were waiting for them to come back.

Saying Hi to several of the passers-by.

One of our outstanding photographers!

"We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Odd." Yes, I said that right. lol

We milled around for a while, and gave people business cards if they asked us why we were painted.
Then we conga-lined over to the Fox 9 news stand.

"Wait. What? Is that dude Yellow?!"

Posing.

Oompa Loompa

We ended up on Fox Live at 9 news, where the weatherman Ian Leonards gave us a quick blurb.

Very cool of him.

I heard all sorts of comments from people "Why are you red?" I pointed them towards Scott.
People gave us the thumbs up, and hugged us. It was such a blast. Little kids stopped and stared, and people thought it was cool overall.

Once we got back on the bus, we noticed Steve, who had left earlier was on it already with his bucket of Cookies from Aunt Martha.

The Bus driver boarded the bus about 5 minutes later. As we were pulling out, he came on the overhead speaker and said "I see red people on the bus." We all cheered, and I said "We have Green and Purple too!".

He then says "We don't allow red people on the bus."
The bus got real quiet, and I said "Are you discriminating against me based on the color of my skin?" to which he replied laughingly, "I guess I am!". The bus all laughed along. (Not sure if that is a good thing or not, but several of the ethnic people on the bus laughed along as well.)

When we got back to the MOA lot, Steve had no ride home, so we piled into my Fiero, all three of us in a two seater car and we drove him home. His cookies were in the trunk of my car. As we pulled away from dropping him off, I did not think about the cookies. He had though!

He had run through his neighbor's yard and was standing in the middle of the road on the backside of the loop waiting for us. I almost got away with his cookies!

I had a blast! It was a ton of fun and THANK YOU EVERYONE for coming out!

chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post
wierd

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site and don't forget to click on the ads!
http://educatorstop15.we.bs/fieropage.htm

fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Ya know I just ran across this thread and wouldn't you know it, several people did this at the Dell's Run this year and I just happen to have a pic.

No need to thank me.

Steve
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohoho:

Ya know I just ran across this thread and wouldn't you know it, several people did this at the Dell's Run this year and I just happen to have a pic.

No need to thank me.

Steve

OMG! LOL That is AWESOME! Steve. Thank you for the greatest laugh of my week! I so needed that.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Wow.... not sure where they all went to dinner ~ but I'll definitely pass on that next time we're in the Dells!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Cool! btw you look like Hellboy
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Cool! btw you look like Hellboy

Yeah I know. I'm UGLY!

lol

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 09-05-2008).]

Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohoho:

No need to thank me.

Steve

That michigan guy looks hilarious!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Matthew_Fiero:

That michigan guy looks hilarious!

That would be Dave Gunsul
PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

That would be Dave Gunsul

guy in the blue looks like Shaggy, from scooby do. also looks like that blue dude on "Enterprise" except he doesnt have antenna

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock