Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  25th Anniversary Show: constructive criticisms and compliments thread

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

25th Anniversary Show: constructive criticisms and compliments thread by blakeinspace
Started on: 07-31-2008 07:18 PM
Replies: 30
Last post by: Fiero 25 - Mark on 08-13-2008 07:44 PM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
In the 30th anniversary thread, Mark (WingnutMD) mentioned that he and the other event organizers were going to meet next month to discuss the 25th show.

How about us giving them a little to think on?... (not like they don’t have enough )

But let me ask for a ground rule… for every constructive criticism / complaint you give… back it up with a compliment or two. It is equally important to point out what went right as much as to point out what you would change. Don’t hesitate to repeat someone else’s point… if just one person mentions something, it may look like that only one person cared.

You might even go so far as to offer a solution to a complaint… or if something went right, maybe how to make it more righter ( <-- is that even a word?)

Criticisms:

1) (already mentioned in another thread) having the same set of judges per car class
2) moving the banquet up by 1 hour
3) force Rodney Dickman to come to the next show in trailer (OK… that’s a joke, but I REALLY needed some stuff from him that weekend)
4) have the judging criteria (not the classes… I mean the sheet you can see what the judges look for) posted in advance
5) Possibly more staff for registration? Also, I heard the event ran out of T-shirts, so I didn’t even bother trying to buy another. That is why I was so adamant on bidding for one in the Charity Auction.
6) Dave & Busters. Guys, I liked that brewery place from the 20th a lot better. Paying $20 for that "meal" was the only time I felt shorted for anything event related.

Well Earned Compliments:

1) Nice set-up on the car wash. Lots of room and hoses. Random buckets and cleaning supplies. I used it twice. Really appreciate it.
2) Thanks for open parking for the event… It was nice to be able to be near friends… not only for visiting, but they could watch your stuff, or answer questions about your car if someone came by.
3) Good use of trashcans in the parking lot… However, probably needed a few more in the vicinity of Minnesota. Them boys is messy.
4) Excellent line up of event speakers
5) I liked having the little event tags, as opposed to keeping up with separate tickets.
6) Thanks for having directions to Waterford and the Heritage Center in the lobby
7) Thanks for getting us in a privileged place like the Heritage Center
8) Big Thanks to Holtz for the MIS event on Sunday. An ABSOLUTE blast.
9) However/Whatever/Whoever it took to make Waterford happen. Thank You.
10) Cool and abundant door prizes during the show
11) Many gracious thanks to Mark for always taking time to say hello, remember my name and have a smile. Thanks to Mrs. Barb for loaning me her Absorber. Thanks to Fred for making car classification easy and painless. You worked tirelessly at it, and even though I was the umpteenth Fiero… you took the time to go over it and put it where it belonged. You event organizers were really great.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
i'd include pics of the cars who received awards, it was hard in most cases to remember the car...
also, a slideshow of candid shots would be fun.

waiting around for rooms was a little sucky, esp after a long drive. (hotel fault)

otherwise all was great!
PrettyPhysicist87GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PrettyPhysicist87GTSend a Private Message to PrettyPhysicist87GTDirect Link to This Post
constructive criticisms:
1) I agree with Blake's comment about starting the banquet earlier. I may be young, but when the banquet only ended around 1 (or thats at least when I gave up and went to bed), and we had to be up for MIS and out to the car by 8 (and we had to be checked out by then), it was not nearly enough sleep.
2) I thought that too much time was scheduled for the Heritage Center (don't get me wrong - I was thrilled to be able to get in there and see everything, and I am very grateful), but I thought that perhaps giving a 5 or 6 hour time frame total, split into 2 parts, would have given twice as many people the chance to see the Heritage Center, because I do recall seeing in the thread that there were people wanting to go that couldn't. However, it might have been more difficult/complicated to do it like that, so I don't know.
3) I would have liked more (and faster) laps at MIS! (although I was happy to run what ever I could ... see #3 under compliments)
4) Judging criteria in advance (like Blake suggested) would be helpful for those people interested. I'm sure that would have made some people happier, knowing what to expect or what was expected.

compliments:
1) For my first national show, I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I had an amazing time. My husband was at the 20th show and had told me all about it - and the 25th was way better than what he described.
2) It was great to meet people from the forum - now I can put some faces with the names (even though I didn't get to meet everyone, because not everyone had their name tags on (myself included - I didn't see the sticky ones until we got home!) )
3) MIS was amazing - the most fun I've had in a Fiero to this day. I just wish I could have driven more - I'd have done it for hours! It just confirms that I should have been a race car driver ...
4) The open parking was great - we could be close to our friends, even though we were in different classes. I think that the suggestion made in another thread - about different colors for different classes - would have helped the judges (if the same set of judges did the whole class).
5) The hotel and food arrangements were great - being at the show field already allowed people to work as early or late as they needed to and drive as little as possible, and it was nice to have food close by that didn't cost an arm and a leg.
6) The speakers at the banquet were great - John Callies was my favorite, I hope he'll be back for the 30th. I also wish Hulki had said more - not being at the 20th, I never really got to hear him say anything, and I heard he was GREAT at the 20th.

On a side note - I am more than willing to help out with anything for the 30th that I will be capable of doing from PA (I am about a 10 hour drive from Pontiac ... just an FYI)

Jess

------------------
1987 Fiero GT
1986 Fiero SE
2004 Alero GL a.k.a. Raccoon Killer!

Syme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SymeSend a Private Message to SymeDirect Link to This Post
My experience as a participant in shows is pretty limited.... ok, that was my first .

-Having a staff that is helpful, and friendly made all the difference for a newbie like myself.
-As blakeinspace mentioned... open parking was great for the reasons he already stated
-The show being on hotel grounds made things extremely convenient on many levels
-Having vendors on site was great... the more the better in my eyes.
-I think the "class" specific judging is good idea in the interest of simplicity...
-I thought the classifications were layed out well to accommodate the variety of vehicles/conditions in attendance (I wasn't sure my car should have been on the lot, but was happy to find a class suited for me)
-Also, the idea of having non member judges with a consultant on hand was great

I myself was not concerned with the formalities/award/judging process, etc. I was there for the social aspect, and to see some beautiful fieros... if you win a prize in the process, then thats a bonus ...the show did not disappoint.

Great experience, met some great people, and I learned a lot too. I wish had have been up early enough to see the GM prototypes being unloaded though

------------------

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

i'd include pics of the cars who received awards, it was hard in most cases to remember the car...
also, a slideshow of candid shots would be fun.

Nick!... that is a GREAT idea! Don't know how hard it would be to get it set up before trophy presentation... and then you'd kinda have to do a pictorial balet with whoever is announcing... but that is still an excellent idea. I thought the same thing in the back of my mind at the banquet.

BTW, it was fun following your car to MIS... it looked hawt on the roll.

PrettyPhys has some great points too... this is EXACTLY the kind of feedback I would want to hear from attendees if I had hosted an event. And even when it is negative, you can tell it is not a personal attack... it is brainstorm for how we all hope the 30th will be. You guys have to have a 30th... my '88 will be turning 25 that year.
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
All good stuff here. I will be printing this thread out and we all will look at.

On a side note, the slideshow was planned and aborted for the banquet. I had a major computer problem and lost my outline with all of the info on it. After trying to recover it, I finally had to give up and start over, with Annette's help. It was now 6:30 PM. We finished redoing a 4 day old outline into what was done at the banquet, without time to proof it. I showered at 7:45 PM, and walked into the banquet at 7:58 PM. Once I had things rolling on the ouotline, the photographer did not have time to put the slideshow together, as it had the list of winners. We were not very happy that we could not do this. We really thought it would add a touch of class ot the event. This would have been a major problem had the banquet started 1 hour earlier, as we were still getting things prepped for it.

Also since we are bringing up suggestions, please look at all contents in your packets from registration. I had a few people want to know why we did not have maps to events. GMHC maps were in everyones registration packets, as well as a full schedule of events. There were also maps left out at the registration desk to all events. I am told it was a bit crazy getting to the GMHC. The maps were there, sorry you missed them. In the future, we will try and communicate this better.

edit for spelling

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 08-01-2008).]

snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
We had our map to the heritage center but we left it in the trunk lol. Good thing we stuck with the yellow 88 gt in front of us or we would have overshot it by a bit :P.

I was thinking the same thing about showing a photo of the car when the people got their trophies. I'm just happy to know that it was planned, technology sucks lol.

You pulled off the banquet and awards ceremony very well for all the trouble that you went through before hand. I had a great time. We left a bit early (about 11:30 ish) because we were very tired and had to drive a bit to get back to where we were staying.

We got to eat dinner with the texans, that was fun . Also, congrats to the guy (sorry I dunno your name but you had a nikon camera and you were fighting with the flash lol) at our table who won a trophy!

The only issue that I had during the car show. We ended up parking in that back part of the lot near the highway (not a problem), but we couldn't hear a thing that was going on down over by the car show (music/raffle prizes/other announcements). I'm sure there was no way to get an extra speaker out there for this event, but maybe the potential for that happening again can be assessed for the 30th. Again, this wasn't a terrible thing, just sort of an inconvenience that I had no trouble dealing with. The car show was amazing.

I can't wait to go to another Fiero gathering. One thing I've always loved about this group is how diverse we all are, and how friendly everyone is. This truly is a great group of people.

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

6) Dave & Busters. Guys, I liked that brewery place from the 20th a lot better. Paying $20 for that "meal" was the only time I felt shorted for anything event related.

Agreed - this was the only thing I too felt shorted too throughout the entire event... and a few people were not feeling too well the next morning either!

3) Good use of trashcans in the parking lot… However, probably needed a few more in the vicinity of Minnesota. Them boys is messy.

LOL - yeah... almost like we all grew up in barns! (when in reality - it's the Wisconsin boys who were raised in barns... we were raised in Igloos) If some Michigan-lander wanted to, they could probably have collected some decent cash from the bottles that got tossed! Maybe a "glass recycling" specific container next time

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post
Compliments -
1. Park where you want is a must, maybe even send out a note to the known clubs that are coming and allow us to reserve a number of spots next to each other? I ended up 2 or three cars down from my friends because we left to go eat and forgot to put something in our spot.

CONSTRUCTIVE critisisms -
1. Can we get a bigger lot so that all the show cars are closer together? I felt sorry for those who were in the extended lot (behind the mound of dirt as it were) as I am sure many visiters didn't make it all the way down the line. I wished the vendors were pushed further down so all the show cars could have been together, or even put the trailers where the overflow was and use the lot used by trailers for cars.

Thanks again for an awesome show. I only hope I have a more show worthy car for the 30th (I've got time - but there's so much to do). Can I pre-register for the 30th yet?
MaxDaemon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MaxDaemonClick Here to visit MaxDaemon's HomePageSend a Private Message to MaxDaemonDirect Link to This Post
I thought it was great, all extremely well organized. The only kick I had was that I had some car trouble on the way, and got stuck an extra day in Janesville WI getting some work done.

So - that means I got there a day later.

And I missed my Heritage tour - which I bought two tickets for.

Maybe put things like that - things that people would hate to miss out on, but might not be able to make the first day - a day later?

Anyhow, great job, great show, great speakers - great PEOPLE!

Thanks so much, and I'm already looking forward to the 30th.

Max

------------------

'86 GT - Now in Yellow!
'85 Silver SE V6 - automatic for the kid!

Two is enough for anyone. Isn't it? I mean .. really.. isn't it?

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Great show. Were there beverages other than beer being sold outside?
Bob
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
As other's have said, it was a very well organized and well run show. No event goes without some kind of hitch. Though, I have no idea where that was in this show because we didn't want to be judged, just display within the group. Everything worked out well for us.

I'm thinking next time though, consideration might be given to a fence to separate the Texans away from the civilized folks.

Just Kidding Guys and Gals!

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-02-2008).]

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Agreed - this was the only thing I too felt shorted too throughout the entire event... and a few people were not feeling too well the next morning either!

HUH?
I thought that I was the only one, hit me while I was there that's why I left early and missed the go carts.
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post

I wasn't at D&B's with you guys, but I've had dinner there a number of times and it was always good. Was it a banquet style or sitdown? FWIW, The Brewery closed about a year ago.

Bob
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TG oreiF 8891:

Compliments -
1. Park where you want is a must, maybe even send out a note to the known clubs that are coming and allow us to reserve a number of spots next to each other? I ended up 2 or three cars down from my friends because we left to go eat and forgot to put something in our spot.

CONSTRUCTIVE critisisms -
1. Can we get a bigger lot so that all the show cars are closer together? I felt sorry for those who were in the extended lot (behind the mound of dirt as it were) as I am sure many visiters didn't make it all the way down the line. I wished the vendors were pushed further down so all the show cars could have been together, or even put the trailers where the overflow was and use the lot used by trailers for cars.

Thanks again for an awesome show. I only hope I have a more show worthy car for the 30th (I've got time - but there's so much to do). Can I pre-register for the 30th yet?

I agree with everything you said! My singular hitch with the whole event was that we were stuck in the far lot, away from everyone. During the raffle I kept running back over there to see if we'd won anything, and we had nothing but the sweet sounds of the freeway behind us. It's a nice lot over there but we felt very secluded from everyone else. I also thought of the idea of having the trailers where we were and having us where the trailers were up front. That way we'd be closer to everyone else (and the bathrooms!). However, I don't know how well the trailer maneuvering would go; there were a couple trailers back there, but when there are more cars in the lot, I don't know how easy it would be. That lot would also be a good place for vendors to set up during the event because there wouldn't be any vehicular traffic to crush their goods

Aside from that objection, I loved the event! Having the prototypes on the far side was smart to keep them out of everyone's way and made it easier to keep an eye on them. Driving to the Heritage Center and the Ren Cen was fun, even if my grandpa was convinced there should have been a bus (caravaning FTW). Having the printed out directions was brilliant even if we left them in the trunk. One of my dad's concerns that I thought was logical was to have the major intersections we went through (I believe there were only two) blocked off by a squad car or something, however I realize that can be a pain to arrange and didn't mind finding our own way. It's just fun to have a line of 30-40 some Fieros driving down the street

Thank you so much for a wonderful event. We had a blast and my grandpa (former Pontiac employee, worked on the Fiero) had a fantastic time. He's still babbling on about it. Thank you again! I'm ready to sign up for the 30th!
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
I tought that most of the show went well. The people that took time to work the show should be commended.

Possiable items to concider

Can there be a trailer class - Is it right to have a person who drove 1,250 miles, 230,000 plus miles on the odometer compete with a Fiero that arrives on a trailer? (This has always been a pain in the neck for organizers)

In modifed class (Class Q - Heavy Mod) how can a 3.1 that looks like a 2.8 be put up against 4.9, 3800, 3800 s/c, and V8s.

Also, based on some of the comments in other treads - how come everyone was not able to see their judging sheets? That way we can improve on the 30th if it happens.

Is there a way to compare judging sheets used in various shows? In the last judged Daytona show we had very limited complaints, if any, regarding the judging. Our judging sheets were very stringent with a limited chance of subjectivity

That is the only things that come mind for me that I have not seen mentioned above. Or a suggestion.

Overall - GREAT SHOW!!

Frank Martin
Cocoa, Fl

Daytona 2009
13 Years Of Sunshine

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 08-03-2008).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to thank everyone that helped the help, and I'm not speaking about the volunteers (although they deserve a big thanks) but those that were asked to do things like move their trucks or chairs. It helped with making the whole event easier to manage!
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

3) force Rodney Dickman to come to the next show in trailer (OK… that’s a joke, but I REALLY needed some stuff from him that weekend)

I would have loved to attend. Asking $100 for a vendor fee for me to attend plus asking for a donation for a door prize plus emails asking the vendors to step up and donate to some special events was a bit too much. It costs a lot for me to come and offer free shipping to you guys. Gas, hotel, tolls thru Chicago plus the days away. Plus that I had to buy the trailer and larger truck to pull it. All the work to get ready before I leave to go to a show and all the work to catch up once I get home. I'm looking to sell my trailer soon. I only have a few Fiero shows worth attending now (within a reasonable driving distance). Hardly worth it anymore to keep a trailer for maybe 3-4 Fiero shows a year.
------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

[This message has been edited by Rodney (edited 08-02-2008).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post08-02-2008 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
i cant give the crew enough compliments...

I only had 2 issues, like others did:

1 - Banquet was far too late in the evening.. most people eat earlier. 2 hours earlier would have been perfect i think.
2 - The trip to the Heritage 'tour' could have been planned a little better. ( tho i did talk to one of the organizers about that just before the banquet, and they also agree it wasn't planned at all well. ( was it too long? i donno, i left when i was done and wasn't trapped so i don't think it was 'long'.

But again, they were minor issues really, and i know how much work it is to get something like this done so i only have good things to say and they deserve a lot of credit..

Oh, and not a compliant but a suggestion: Add a 'hard luck' class to the judging.. Some of us were thrilled to death just to have made it there under their own power, and looks had to come 2nd

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 08-02-2008).]

sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
My dad and I were joking about it, but it is a good point that was brought up; my dad's car can compete in the low mileage classes (only 23k miles) but he drives it every summer, and drove it to the show. That's different than a 23k trailer queen. Just a thought.

Also, the time for the heritage center was good, and being able to leave when we pleased was perfect... though I could have just set up camp and stayed all night!

ANOTHER GOOD POINT! I have to throw in my two cents. The banquet was very nice and well put together, the food was great as were the people and presentations. However, I agree it should have been earlier. My grandpa was too tired (as were we all) to make it to the end. It was a great event though, and I really appreciate all the hard work that went into it. Not just the banquet but the whole thing!

Thanks again.
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post
As a Saturday only for a few hours visitor, when I went to look at the factory prototypes and one off Fieros, someone was standing there saying this area was closed, come back later?
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Was anyone else starving AFTER dinner? I am a healthily 140lbs 6'4" (ok maybe healthy is a stretch), and I skipped out around 12 to get some burger king. The length and lateness of the banquet was also not fun.. I think 3hours from 6-9 would have been much neater for everyone, there was already a huge down time between the end of the show and the start of the banquet. I also agree it was sorta lame to have the little "highway stretch" as I didnt see very much traffic around the cars I wanted to see traffic around.... A few cars I did work on were back that way.

It was fun that I could park my car very close to the show cars, which makes the following even less useful information.

I was not in the show due to a large amount of required expenses, the only reason I went to the banquet was because I was given a ticket. I really would have liked to enter my car, but knowing I had no chance to win, the registration fees and such were really scary. I know you guys really have no control on how much stuff costs, but I was just thinking that was the biggest beef I had with things, although the problem is more that I am a poor college kid, other than the show was expensive. i was just lucky to not have to stay in the hotel.
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FrugalFiero:

As a Saturday only for a few hours visitor, when I went to look at the factory prototypes and one off Fieros, someone was standing there saying this area was closed, come back later?

We closed the Prototype viewing up close for about 30 - 40 minutes so that the videographer/photographer could do some filming and photo taking without guests in the shots. Once they finished up, the area was opened back up for the remainder of the day.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Was anyone else starving AFTER dinner? I am a healthily 140lbs 6'4" (ok maybe healthy is a stretch), and I skipped out around 12 to get some burger king. The length and lateness of the banquet was also not fun.. I think 3hours from 6-9 would have been much neater for everyone, there was already a huge down time between the end of the show and the start of the banquet.

You should have chow down on those hamburgers during the show. I 100% agree as to the lenght and lateness of the show and for a moment I thought I was the only one thinking this way. Seriously, I've gone to many professional lectures and anything past 21:00HR is strickly for after hours involving dancing and parties (21:00-00:00); in this case it was neither.

My constructive criticisum: (4-worst)
Speakers
Talk/time speakers
Raffleing

Professionally 2-3 speakers was all that was needed- high lighting specific points regarding the "Fiero" with 15-20 minutes per-speaker. Anything past 20-minutes is regarded as "ramblings" and you'll loose the those in attendence; especially (OUR) event since many spent the early hours polishing their cars and/or driving to the event, and kep in mind the age group involved; from 9-to-99.

IMO the raffeling is a "go-between"-something that is used between transitions. Raffleing is perfect since during the happy-hour aided by alcohol; thus merry-making equals more money. Therefore, IMO the raffleing should have been done during the dinner and at a quicker pace.

My Constructive compliment: (4-best)

The 25th-
The Concepts
The dinner
The friends

Edit: added thumbs.
------------------

"Friends don't let friends drive stock"

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-03-2008).]

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
I think it was one of the best-organized shows I have been to. I can’t imagine all of the work and time it took to pull it off. Everyone that attended the show got to meet some of the most dedicated Fiero owners there are. I tried to thank everyone wearing a Yellow shirt for making the 25th Anniversary Show a show I will never forget.

This show had the best class breakdown I have ever seen at a Fiero Show. Fred did a great job of classing every car. I loved the open parking. The only thing about the judging I would change is having the same judges do all of the cars in the same class

Now I think it’s time for everyone who went to the 25th to ask themselves what could you have done to make it a better show? A lot of the complaints I’ve seen posted could have been prevented if we the participants would have been more helpful. What I mean is if everyone would of per-registered the organizers would have had a better idea on how many T-shirts to order and they would of known how many people wanted to do all of the other activities.

Thanks again to all of the organizers and volunteers for everything you did..

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 08-03-2008).]

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
Great Show.
Very well organized too. Signs everywhere, pointing you in the right direction. And if those for some reason were out of view,
Somebody with a yellow shirt was within sight. The extra available directions for various places was also very nice to have. Loved the event tags.
Everything was planned well in advance, and with great precision and it showed.
The hotel itself was great too. Nice rooms, service. Central location. Good food too. Although a little on the pricey side, but other food option were available.
Some even within walking distance.
The Heritage Center was great. Thank you so much for making this possible. It did take a while to get there though. ;)
Having "Cars and Coffee" in the lot was a really good idea. As was the food the evening before. As was the food during the show.
The open parking thing worked. Both Greg and me liked it a lot. One small exemption. The cars/people in the far lot, (Little bit of a distance there)
but short of invading the closed restaurant site on the other side of the lot. I don't see a solution there either.
The microphone of the announcer of the raffle tickets could of been a little louder, at times even us had problems hearing the numbers.
I did like the back up tough, ... having a list of winning #'s there by the announcer. Solved that problem. :)
Judging ... I would of liked of seen a team of judges for each particular class. In it self it was very well classed IMO. Kudos to Fred.
Never having been to a "Points Show" I do second the idea of seeing a copy of the judging sheet before hand.
Find out what judges like to see, look for (good or bad), things to avoid. Like tire dressing. I had no idea. Thanks Jen.
Now this might a bit of a touchy subject ... a separate trailer car class?
In it self not a bad idea, but how do you separate it all?
Enclosed versus open. High miles traveled versus low miles. Your truck, pulling your trailer had mud flaps. Mine didn't.
Torrential downpour / road construction en route versus nothing but partly cloudy and sunshine?
I you wanted to take it a step further ... covered at night or not.
Paul ... you there are in a class of your own. Rolling that car every night back into the trailer. :D
The awards itself could of come a little earlier. The speakers we both thoroughly enjoyed and so did everybody else on our table.
MIS ... I could do this over and over again.
Thank you so much for making it happen. Even the drive there was great. Extra bonus points for having the photographer on site and the lunch afterwards.
Only thing I do regret .. is not coming a day earlier. And missing Waterford. Won't happen the 30th. ;)

Two ideas ... Signs leading to the Hotel/Show Site, (Like on the appropriate Highway exits) accept PayPal.

See on the 30th
Tina
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The Good: (in no particular order)

1) Park where you want
2) Many classes for competitors
3) Maps to the events in the packets
4) The laminated tickets
5) The prototypes
6) Many different events, (Waterford, Heritage, MIS, etc)
7) Cars and Coffee
8) Speakers, (especially John Calles)
9) Hulki signing anything you shove in front of him

The Bad:

1) length of banquet, (could have separated out the raffle and other things)
2) Length of show, (I want a full week for the 30th!)
3) Still no photo op at the old Fiero Factory, had to Google to find the address [900 Baldwin Ave]

The Ugly:

1) I didn't have my 'show car' there.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 08-04-2008).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
I'm gonna keep this one at the top for a little while longer...

1) Easy to find volunteers in their Fiero Store store yeller shirts
2) Cars & Coffee was very convenient... nice to get a quick donut while detailing
3) The outdoor hotel food did not seem to be too overpriced given a fairly captive audience

Constructive Criticism:

1) It goes against every fiber of my being to have to pay (even for charity) for the priviledge to vote for a 'Best of Show'
(we did have one of those, right?... or am I confusing it with a Car&Coffee thing?... it seems like I heard over the PA about taking a donation to get you 'Best of Show' ballot) I dunno, it just irritated me. Seems like I shouldn't have to pay additional to have an opinion count. But again, maybe I am confused about how that worked...
2) The Go-Karting seemed kinda un-organized. Seemed like it was just me and the Funks for a while, and they were just running with a few locals. Had I known the price, I might have saved myself the trip. So maybe having that posted in advance would be good. BTW, it was $15 for 10 mins.

Random thoughts:

I would have LOVED to have a club photo op under the 25th banner. Maybe not necessarily from the proffesional guy you had onsite... just an opportunity to get your club member cars and people that flew in... a chance to arrange themselves artistically with it. For that to happen, it would have had to be hung up... might not have been possible. At the 20th, wasn't there a banner on the Ivy wall that was just hanging that clubs did that with?... As it was just me from NTFC last time (well, JazzMan flew in...)... it wouldn't have been that big a photo... but this year, Texas had a lot of cars and attendees.

I know, I know... I should've done something about it! My point is... I forgot. I need you event organizers in the future to make me remember to get that photo
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post
You mentioned club under the sign,,,,,,,, How about next time we announce for everyone to get in the middle of the lot for a few pictures & video from the hotel roof??? Now that would have been way to cool. Rick B
Firefighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
Well, since someone else started this topic:

We don't have to worry about Dave and Busters for the 30th; the day after we were there, the Michigan Board of Health closed them down. GOOD ! The food, little as it was, was crap.

Do not give preferential treatment to the guys with yellow/ orange shirts just because they are on the "committee". Treat everyone equally and with respect. If someone on the "committee" wants to know what happened, they can PM me or e mail me. Writing about it here would get everyone p!ssed off, not just me.

But, other than the above, the "committee" did a great job.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Firefighter (edited 08-13-2008).]

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
I PM'd Blake in response to the pay for best of show. This was not for the show awards. The Cars and Coffee was a $5.00 donation. With the donation you received a ballot to vote for your favorite. The C&C awards were called "Best in Show" All proceeds were donated to the Gilda Club of Detroit.

Firefighter, I sent you a PM. If this is in regards to ohioindy, I dealt with the situation shortly after it happened, as well as I apologized to Mike about it.

edit: I CAN NOT TYPE FOR A HILL OF BEANS!

[This message has been edited by Fiero 25 - Mark (edited 08-13-2008).]

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock