Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  LED interior light retrofit. (Dome and Footwell)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

LED interior light retrofit. (Dome and Footwell) by Synthesis
Started on: 07-25-2008 02:44 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: americasfuture2k on 07-26-2008 08:13 AM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I decided to refit the interior lighting on my 86SE with white LEDs.

I removed the dome light housing from the car, and removed the lights and sockets.

I soldered in LED circuit boards with 8 white LEDs in each.

I have to do the foot well still.

This is what just two of them look like when on. Both map lights have been converted as well.

My intent is to make a completely plug and play kit so that individuals can plug in replacement LED boards in to the sockets in the dome light.

Opinions? If I assembled a complete, ready to install plug and play kit for all of the cab lighting, would you be interested in it for 40 bucks a kit?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
All this LED stuff is awesome, I'd buy a plug and play kit definitely!

------------------
Christian
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd, 88 suspension, C6 polished wheels, C5 Z06 brakes, Konis, poly'd, Spec Stg 3, LED taillights
Next Mod: LT1 fuel injection with Megasquirt II
301rwhp/345rwtq
Stovebolt Powered!!!!!
06 Cobalt SS/SC w/ LSD (the slow DD)

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I've been considering LED interior lighting, as well. Only I was thinking of mixing in some amber LEDs (like maybe 1 amber for every 3 whites), to make the lighting look more natural.
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
I'd be interested. Sounds like a cool idea to me.
IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIERODirect Link to This Post
I'd buy that for a dollar!
err... or $40
Sure, I'd take one
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2008 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Count me in! That looks great.
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2008 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
white LEDs........ im going to be doing the same on my gt. and try to do the luxury car gauge cluster look. tinted lens with red needles and since this is a pontiac, orangish-red leds for the back lighting. i have all the LEDs i need. but i may need to get more. you can never have enough LEDs most of which were originally for a complete led conversion for every bulb on my blazer.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT built by my brother, merlot566jka, 3500 LX9 from 06 Malibu, WOT-TECH.com 1280 grind stage 3 cam, LS6 valve springs, 1227730 ECM conversion, Darrel Morse solid aluminum cradle mounts, Truleo headers modified to fit the 3500, 36# inectors, 70mm 4.3 throttle body adapted to 3500 intake, ported heads, upper and lower intakes, lightly polished, tcemotorsports.com crank trigger wheel, CenterForce dual friction clutch, Flowtech Afterburner muffler, 2.5" piping, cat deleted, EGR deleted, SinisterPerformance tuning, C6 Corvette exhaust tips. projected to be 35 MPG with a guesstimate of 250 hp to the wheels

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock