Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  25th show - GM Heritage Center Tour (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
25th show - GM Heritage Center Tour by Fiero 25 - Mark
Started on: 04-07-2008 09:16 PM
Replies: 72
Last post by: Fiero 25 - Mark on 07-25-2008 12:15 AM
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
I looked at the a little closer and I noticed that the $10 reservation fee for dinner was not on the show entry form.

Can I still get my $10 in for the reservation?

[This message has been edited by CC Rider (edited 07-10-2008).]

IP: Logged
Fiero 25 - Mark

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

Is it too late to register for this event?
is there a way to pay with paypal?

Not to late. We are not doing paypal. If your envelope is postmarked by today, then you get the discounted registration.

Originally posted by CC Rider:

I looked at the a little closer and I noticed that the $10 reservation fee for dinner was not on the show entry form.

Can I still get my $10 in for the reservation?

Yes you can still get your registration money in for the D&B dinner. You can download a nre registration form at www.michiganfieroclub.com/25th and the D&B reservation is now on it.

RKB75

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RKB75Send a Private Message to RKB75Direct Link to This Post
We have a 3 year old child, what would be the charge for him at D&B and the heritage tour?
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RKB75:

We have a 3 year old child, what would be the charge for him at D&B and the heritage tour?

You will need to contact Ken Shadlak, as he is running this event. I will PM you his phone number.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
FYI

The GM Heritage Center Event is SOLD OUT. We can not accept any more reservations for this event. Anyone that has signed up and paid will go on a waiting list.
If there is not room, you will receive a refund.

Mark
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
Our money was received and we were put on the registered list on Wednesday I believe. Is there a way of finding out if we're on the waiting list or not?

Sadie Goad, Ted Goad, Tom Goad, Mark Burdick are the four of us.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sadie goad:

Our money was received and we were put on the registered list on Wednesday I believe. Is there a way of finding out if we're on the waiting list or not?

I think mine was received earlier but I would like to know for sure too. Otherwise to plan for something else that day. Thanks.
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post07-14-2008 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darren's 87 coupe:

Is the $10 to hold the reservation at Dave and Busters? Or is the $10 part of the banquet cost? If it's for Dave and Busters, and I have already sent in my registration, then if I am reading this right, I will need to send in an additional $10 apart from what I sent in for registration and banquet costs. Is that right?

Either way count me in and I will send out the $10 once I get it confirmed that that is what you need from me.

Thanks a ton for all you are doing.

Darren

Ok, i got the same sort of question.. I don't want to enter my car in anything since its a mess ( ran out of time on a planned body swap ) but i want to come for the 'fun'... what do i need to do so i don't get left standing out side looking in? Figured id come up thursday morning ( im only about 6 hours away ) and head home Friday night or Saturday.

[This message has been edited by User00013170 (edited 07-14-2008).]

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sadie goad:

You all are registered for the Heritage Center

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

I think mine was received earlier but I would like to know for sure too. Otherwise to plan for something else that day. Thanks.

I will need a name in order to check on this.

Originally posted by User00013170:

Ok, i got the same sort of question.. I don't want to enter my car in anything since its a mess ( ran out of time on a planned body swap ) but i want to come for the 'fun'... what do i need to do so i don't get left standing out side looking in? Figured id come up thursday morning ( im only about 6 hours away ) and head home Friday night or Saturday.

The Dave & Buster's event is $10.00 per person pre-registration, abd then $10.00 at the door the night of the event.

If you are coming to the show without a car. and would still like to participate, you will need to download a registration form here: www.michiganfieroclub.com/25th Fill out the events you want to attend (Banquet, Dave & Buster's, etc). Youwill need to mail us a check with the form. Most of the events are pre-reg only and we will not be selling tickets at the event.
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post
Okay, put Jerry and I down for Dave and Buster's too....I hope sign-ups for this are coming in. I'll send Barb another $20 for us and talk to the rest of my compadres about this as well.

JC
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Sign-ups are coming steady for Dave & Buster's. We should hit the required 100 mark. If we don't the Michigan Fiero Club made the commitment to make this event a go.
PFF
System Bot
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
any chance of expanding the heritage center tour? I have one more I need to bring.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-15-2008 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 25 - Mark:

The Dave & Buster's event is $10.00 per person pre-registration, abd then $10.00 at the door the night of the event.

If you are coming to the show without a car. and would still like to participate, you will need to download a registration form here: www.michiganfieroclub.com/25th Fill out the events you want to attend (Banquet, Dave & Buster's, etc). Youwill need to mail us a check with the form. Most of the events are pre-reg only and we will not be selling tickets at the event.

Ill do that tonight. Ill do an overnight delivery, and send a money order instead of a check since we are so close to the deadline.

I do hope that my GT makes it, but i may be bringing up my Eldorado instead, but even if i do drive the Fiero its not show worthy beyond the 'hard luck lucky to have made it that far class'. The car i was going to enter and bring died and became a parts car unexpectedly.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

any chance of expanding the heritage center tour? I have one more I need to bring.

Unfortunately not.

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Who has the list of people on the Heritage tour??? Can the list be posted??
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Larry,

Barb's computer crashed, and she has no way to get ma list digitally. She will be giving me a hand written list of the 250 people who are registered for the Heritage Center Tour m next week. It will be Tuesday before I get it up here on PFF. If you need a confirmation, please PM me and I'll give you her phone number.

Mark
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
250 people turn out..wow. I'll be on the road by Tuesday heading north. I'll find out when I get there Wednesday. I'm looking forward to the tour
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
barb said something to the effect of needing to be there before 2... where do we need to be and when for the Heritage Tour?
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
You will all be receiving an itinerary in your goodie bag. It is also listed here: www.michiganfieroclub.com/25th as "full schedule of events"

You will be meeting in the hotel lobby at 12:30 PM, and then cruise over to the host hotel, or you can get a map from registration (may be in your goodie bag as well), and drive directly there for a 2:00 PM start time.

Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
Here's a little teaser copied from my brother Justin's blog when he recently toured the Heritage Museum:
I thought I'd share too for those who like me didn't register in time...

A Day In Our Life
In August of 2007, I quite my job, J and I packed our things, sold our home and relocated to Michigan. This site has been created to allow us to keep in touch with our friends and family and share with you our favourite places, adventures, and new friends.

A Look Back at GM's History
On February 21, 2008 I had the good fortune of being able to tour the GM Heritage Center. The GM Heritage Center is a very non-descript warehouse located in industrial mall in Sterling Heights. It houses many unique GM vehicles including concept cars, prototypes, race cars, first built, last built, historically significant vehicles, along with various GM Powertrain engines, and other memorbilia. It is not open to the public unless they are hosting a special event. There are no ropes or barriers and the cars are not on platforms - you are free to walk right up to them and have a good look (just don't sit in them). In the back corner some of the vehicles are jammed in with only inches between them. If you are into cars, this was quite the experience. I took quite a few pictures and here are some of them...

This is the 1938 Buick Y Job. It is considered to be the first concept car ever developed. It was designed by GM's first Chief of Design, Harley Earl. Note the grille design - it remains a trademark of Buick's to this day. Buick called it "Y" because so many makers dubbed experimental cars "X." This car served as Mr. Earl's 'daily driver' for many years.

Harley Earl designed three Firebird prototypes for Motorama shows. Firebird II and Firebird III are at the GM Heritage Center. A model of the first Firebird prototype (Firebird I) is on top of the trophy that is given to the winner of the Daytona 500 NASCAR race each year.

Firebird II (1953) is a four-seater with body panels made out of titanium and powered by a gas turbine engine. It was the first use of four-wheel disc brakes and independent suspension as well as a sophisticated guidance system which was intended to be used with "the highway of the future", where an electrical wire would be embedded into a roadway to send signals that would help guide future cars and avoid accidents.

Here is the Firebird III (1958). It is a two-seater also powered by a gas turbine engine and a small 2 cylinder engine to power the accessories. It has bubble style canopies, a joystick instead of a steering wheel, and has 7 wings and fins that were extensively tested in a wind tunnel. It featured technical advancements such as cruise control, anti-lock brakes, and air conditioning.

This is the infamous 1961 Mako Shark I (Corvette) code name XP-755. It was designed under the leadership of Bill Mitchell who followed Harley Earl as GM's Chief of Design. It has exhaust headers that come out the side of the car to resemble a shark's gills and a pointed "snout". There are lots of legends surrouding this car including the story that Bill Mitchell wanted the car painted to match an actual Mako Shark that he had mounted on the wall of his office. This was very difficult given the technology of the day and the painters were unable to match it exactly so they resorted to 'stealing' the fish from Mitchell's office one night and painting it to match the car! The 'Manta Ray' Concept is also on display.

Here's a picture of me standing in between two classic Cadillac race cars. On my left is the Cadillac American LeMans Protoype (LMP) race car that was driven by JJ Lehto and Max Angelelli. On my right is the Cadillac CTS-V that raced in the SCCA Speed World Challenge GT series and was driven by Andy Pilgrim. Hidden beside the CTS is the last built Cadillac Seville. Behind me is the GM Powertrain display and in the background are various GM neon signs.

I had to post this picture just for the irony of it all. In the background is the Hummer H2 Concept. Beside it is an Oldsmobile EV1 cutaway. The EV1 was an electric vehicle that was put into production and were available for lease in Arizona and California with a no buyout clause. This car was a 'cutaway' to show how the electrical system worked. In the foreground is a Penske Indy Car.

Back when I was with GM in Oshawa I was able to get a Chevrolet SSR for a week to drive. The SSR in the front is the prototype SSR and beside it is the last VIN (last built) SSR. Very cool to see them side-by-side.

Finally, I have to include a little nod to Canada - this is the American LeMans GT1 Series Corvette C5-R race that was driven by fellow Canadian, Ron Fellows (who is also an idol of my nephew Andrew - Ryan's son).

------------------

1984 Indy Northstar-Porsche~1986 LT1-4T60 NitrousRoadster

gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post
COOL!!! REALLY looking forward to it!

JC
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post

You will all be receiving an itinerary in your goodie bag. It is also listed here: www.michiganfieroclub.com/25th as "full schedule of events"

You will be meeting in the hotel lobby at 12:30 PM, and then cruise over to the host hotel, or you can get a map from registration (may be in your goodie bag as well), and drive directly there for a 2:00 PM start time.

...so if we are at the host hotel at 3600 Centerpoint in Pontiac by 1:00 PM we should be good?
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

...so if we are at the host hotel at 3600 Centerpoint in Pontiac by 1:00 PM we should be good?

Maybe?

The time on the itienerary is to meet in the hotel at 12:30 PM. I can not say for certain when they will leave, as it more than likely will not be me leading the group. You may be OK, however if it were me, I'd be there right around 12:30 PM.
Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryDirect Link to This Post
Could you please advise if my reservation made it in on time to go to the Heritage Center Tour? Thanks. Harry Forrest

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dirty Harry:

Could you please advise if my reservation made it in on time to go to the Heritage Center Tour? Thanks. Harry Forrest

Harry,

Please call Barb at Five One Seven, Five Four Three, Six Zero Zero Two. She has the info you are looking for.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-23-2008 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Maybe?

The time on the itienerary is to meet in the hotel at 12:30 PM. I can not say for certain when they will leave, as it more than likely will not be me leading the group. You may be OK, however if it were me, I'd be there right around 12:30 PM.

Are we caravanning, for those of us that don't know the area? I'm planning on leaving home at 4am ( gasp ) to get to the hotel about 10 ish so i can get checked in and such before its time to head out.

Do they allow cameras?
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
If anyone can't make this, i need two tickets, and ill pay twice what you paid. I am leaving in the AM to drive up, but can be reached on my cell at 757-450-2986

Rob
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post
Where do we pick up our tickets for the Heritage Center Tour? Meet at the hotel (what time) or meet at the Heritage Center (what time)?

Thanks Mark

Jack
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:

Are we caravanning, for those of us that don't know the area? I'm planning on leaving home at 4am ( gasp ) to get to the hotel about 10 ish so i can get checked in and such before its time to head out.

Do they allow cameras?

Yes. The caravan will meet in the hotel lobby at 12:30 PM. I messed up my original post on this. It should have read meet in the hotel lobby at 12:30 PM to caravan from the host hotel to the Heritage Center.

Cameras are OK.

Originally posted by J Gunsett:

Where do we pick up our tickets for the Heritage Center Tour? Meet at the hotel (what time) or meet at the Heritage Center (what time)?

Thanks Mark

Jack

Ticket will be in your registration packet at the hotel. Registration starts today at 1 PM. Meet in the hotel lobby at 12:20 PM to caravan over to GMHC or show up at Heritage Ceneter for 2 PM tour. Address is on the "schedule of events" @ www.michiganfieroclub.com/25th on Friday.
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post
Mark, I will be there about 12:00 on Friday, can I pick up my regerstration package then?

Jack
PFF
System Bot
mafv8

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Direct Link to This Post
Mark, I live in Northville on Detroits west side so I was going to drive directly to the Heritage center on mound road, or do I have to come to the hotel to pick-up my ticket, or can I pick it up at the Heritage center,
Thanks Mike
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
You will need to pick up the tickets at the hotel.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock