25th show - GM WORLD HQ TOUR by Fiero 25 - Mark
Started on: 03-15-2008 08:44 AM
Replies: 56
Last post by: Fred88GT on 07-17-2008 06:56 PM
Fiero 25 - Mark

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
We are setting up a tour for the GM World HQ in downtown Detroit. GM is headquartered in the famous Renaissance Center in the heart of downtown on the Detroit River.
(Not To Be Confused with the GM Heritage Cener Tour) //www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/070300.html#p0

The Tour will take place on Thursday July 24, 2008. Time will be 1 - 4 PM. We need a minimum of 10 people to get a tour spot. Tours of the facility are NO CHARGE (outside of the cost of fuel to get there). If you are interested, please post your name in this thread and we will begin to make up a tally sheet. Once we get to 10, then the tour will be a go.

edit 7.16.08: We have 34 and counting, this is 100% a go!

Thanks,

Mark

1. Jeff Wendt
2. Carol Wendt
3. Jason Crego
4. Edward Chillson
5. Dan McRoberts
6. Jill Stark
7. Andrew Szarek
8. Jen Goss
9. Matt Goss
10. David Paton
11. Mike Nau
12. Tyler Nau
13. J. Scott
14. J. Scott's Son
15. Bryan Hodges
16. Chelsea Hodges
17. Larry Wheeler
18. Cyndi Gilbert
19. Jim Gilbert
20. Digitalman
21. Tom Harding
22. Paige Harding
23. John Brown
24. Gina Brown
25. Sadie Goad
26. Mark Burdick
27. Ted Goad
28. Thomas Goad
29. Jean Menard
30. AC 2
31. AC Sr.
32. Jerry Griffin
33. Jeannie Clements
34. Barbie Woodward
35. Ian Abbott
36. Ray Dyreson
37. Mary Dyreson
38. Eric Girard
39. Tom Dirham
40. Richard Dirham
41. Fred Ploughman
42. Kathy Ploughman

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

25th Registration Form

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

[This message has been edited by Fiero 25 - Mark (edited 07-24-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
(2) Jeff & Carol Wendt
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
1. Jason Crego
2. Edward Chillson
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Mark... hey uhmm... random logistics question here.

I REAAAALLLYYY want to do this, it sounds very exclusive (I'm a sucker for that "not open to the public" verbiage), and I doubt the opportunity will come around very often... as a matter of fact, when I sent in my pre-reg, I believe I already paid the fee for it!

but my issue...

The 25th flyer said the Heritage Tour would be on Friday... which is great, because I wanted to do the track day with Golden Gate... which was slated for Thursday...
yet, this thread said the tour would be on Thursday? Will that be a conflict of events?

Also, FYI... the link in your post did not work. The link still works off the MFC homepage though.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Dan McRoberts
Jill Stark
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
Also, FYI... the link in your post did not work. The link still works off the MFC homepage though.

http://www.michiganfieroclu...age_Center_Tour2.doc ).
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
Aww man, this is at the same time as the track day? Anyone else wishing for a clone?
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Mark... hey uhmm... random logistics question here.

I REAAAALLLYYY want to do this, it sounds very exclusive (I'm a sucker for that "not open to the public" verbiage), and I doubt the opportunity will come around very often... as a matter of fact, when I sent in my pre-reg, I believe I already paid the fee for it!

but my issue...

The 25th flyer said the Heritage Tour would be on Friday... which is great, because I wanted to do the track day with Golden Gate... which was slated for Thursday...
yet, this thread said the tour would be on Thursday? Will that be a conflict of events?

Blake,

This is not the Heritage center tour. Like I said in my original post "Not to be confused with the Heritage Center." We did make a change to the flyer, and the new registrations have the Thurday HQ tour listed as well as the Friday Heritage Center tour. sorry for any confusion.

The Heritage Center is GM's Private collection of cars, off limits to the public. Our tour of that facility, in Sterling Heights, MI will be a very rare opportunity. There is a fee for that visit, and it is on Friday July 25, 2008. http://www.gm.com/corporate/about/heritage/

The GM World HQ tour is at the Ren Cen building in downtown, Detroit. This is the company HQ, and will be a tour of the building. There are new GM cars on display at this site. We will tour this facility on Thursday July 24, 2008.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_Center

2 tours to 2 different facilities. Again, I am sorry for the confusion.

edit to add:

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

Aww man, this is at the same time as the track day? Anyone else wishing for a clone?

Unfortunately it is. However, we are trying to have a number of events for all kinds of Fiero folks. Not everyone will go racing so we wanted to have another option for people to do that are coming in for the show in Thursday.

[This message has been edited by Fiero 25 - Mark (edited 03-15-2008).]

85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
I'll be there

Andrew Szarek
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Is this the tour?
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Is this the tour?

I have been on the tour once with the Michigan Fiero Club a few years back and from what I remember, that is what we did and saw. I am not setting this event up, so I can not say for sure, but it most likely is.
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
So we can't do this and go to Waterford Hills? Let me know, potentially 4 of us (Matt and I, Mom & Dad) would go.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 25 - Mark:
Blake,

This is not the Heritage center tour. Like I said in my original post "Not to be confused with the Heritage Center." We did make a change to the flyer, and the new registrations have the Thurday HQ tour listed as well as the Friday Heritage Center tour. sorry for any confusion.

Amigo... There is no need to apologize to me... I'm the idiot that can't read... "Not to be confused with the Heritage Center..."
Though to my credit, I wouldn't not have know one from the other, nor that those were two different facilities!

Thanks for the clarification. I am really looking forward to this event.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

So we can't do this and go to Waterford Hills? Let me know, potentially 4 of us (Matt and I, Mom & Dad) would go.

Most likely, no. We'll see what times fierobear gets for the track. Once we have 10 people, than we can book the tour and get a time for the Ren Cen.
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2008 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I don't think I want to put any extra wear and tear on the car by going to Waterford Hills. After all, I am driving from Texas. This sounds like a good time, count us in for the HQ Tour!

-Bryan Hodges
-Chelsea Hodges

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2008 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Car pool: I'll be willing to drive 2-3 others. If you can round up a larger vehicle, I have my license.

ps I can give a mini tour of Detroit.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 03-16-2008).]

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
TTT
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
David Paton
ohioindy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post
My son and I will go
Got a full size van that will seat 5
Could get about 6 more people in the back but the rear seat will be out

Michael Nau & Tyler Nau

[This message has been edited by ohioindy (edited 04-03-2008).]

FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIDirect Link to This Post
Never mind just read the post

[This message has been edited by FIERO JOHN-WI (edited 04-03-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Highjumper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HighjumperSend a Private Message to HighjumperDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Car pool: I'll be willing to drive 2-3 others. If you can round up a larger vehicle, I have my license.

ps I can give a mini tour of Detroit.

A Detroit tour sounds cool. I live in the Kansas City area and the people I talk to and tell them I am probably going are like "Detroit ! ! ! ! are you sure you want to go to down town Detroit, I here it's not the safest place to go" I'm sure it's like any other city. There are places you can go...and places you should not! Kansas City is the same way. Of course when I tell them that they still seem nervous
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
bump
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
TTT
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2008 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Never mind...I must go to the track...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fierotaz (edited 05-13-2008).]

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
1 Month!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Jen & Matt Goss
Cyndi & Jim Gilbert

would like to go!

~ Jen
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I'm too busy working on my car to read all these 25th threads...but if you are gauging interest then put me and my son down for GM World HQ Tour.
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Bryan and Chelsea Hodges are going to be no-shows. Sorry, I really wanted to go to this.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

Bryan and Chelsea Hodges are going to be no-shows. Sorry, I really wanted to go to this.

Bryan,

So sorry to hear you will not be able to attend.

Mark
PFF
System Bot
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I'm back in!

I hate when work can't make up their mind...
SHADMAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2008 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SHADMANSend a Private Message to SHADMANDirect Link to This Post
FYI, People mover will be down for repair per the TV News.

------------------
SHADMAN V.P. MFC
RED 1988 FIERO GT
NORTHSTAR 300 H.P.

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2008 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
If I remember right we regestered for the the GM tour

FranK and Marianna

Dragon and White Horse
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2008 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:

If I remember right we regestered for the the GM tour

FranK and Marianna

Dragon and White Horse

This is for a tour of the Ren Cen (GM HQ) in Downtown Detroit. This is the only place I have been taking names. This is a no charge tour for Thursday.

Frank, you may have registered for the GM Heritage Center tour. The Heritage Center is a tour on Friday and it costs $15.00 per person. Info for that tour is here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/070300.html

[This message has been edited by Fiero 25 - Mark (edited 06-29-2008).]

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
If the Track day gets cancelled, I think I will go to the HQ tour.

------------------

More info at: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043357.html

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for the tour. I'd just be taking photos at Waterford as a 21 year old car and a 60+ year old driver are up to the stresses of track driving any more.

Old Lar: AKA Larry Wheeler.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Does the tour at the Ren Cen start at 1 or will we be leaving the hotel at 1?
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Meeting in the hotel lobby at 1 PM.
ohioindy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post
I’ll have the 3rd seat in the van so I can take 6.
Johngee already has a seat saved so I have room for 5.
Well let Mark figure it out.

[This message has been edited by ohioindy (edited 07-07-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock