Fiero on TV by Winkie
Started on: 02-24-2008 11:04 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: bnslebrun on 04-10-2008 10:52 PM
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
Just saw a gold notchie on Breaking Bad. It is the drug dealers friends car. Pretty good shape too.

Its on again right now.

Ryan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIER086

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIER086Send a Private Message to FIER086Direct Link to This Post
Thats actually a good show. Wheres it at begining middle end?
linuxpowered88

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linuxpowered88Send a Private Message to linuxpowered88Direct Link to This Post
Yeah i saw it too work was kinda busy so i didnt get to post in time.
Winkie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
It was in the middle. It was a good ten seconds while the guy got something out of the trunk.

Ryan
glane21

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for glane21Send a Private Message to glane21Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, it was a bumper pad notchie with a GT wing all repainted a pale yellow. Naturally the owner was a wastoid drug dealer.

Still, Breaking Bad is a great show that comes on AMC channel Sunday nights at 10pm.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Ive just seen one on an old re run of cops someone was trying to take it and was caught in the act
he could not get it started in a park and ride lot.
A silver notchie in Boston I think.
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Ive just seen one on an old re run of cops someone was trying to take it and was caught in the act
he could not get it started in a park and ride lot.
A silver notchie in Boston I think.

Could be the same one that was sitting near my dads work in Revere.
lowtrickry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryDirect Link to This Post
In faris buellers day off his sister drives a fiero notchback. Not sure if anyone posted this already but i thought id mention it
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
ok, this is not on tv but i saw an article on yahoo.com (forbes magazine) about the 10 best states to own a car.
the number one state is new hampshire but look at the picture of the car.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/...4cars1_slide_11.html
bnslebrun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bnslebrunSend a Private Message to bnslebrunDirect Link to This Post
BREAKING BAD - Fiero: We rescued the 86 4-banger from a junkyard and put in a replacement engine (from Durrango 3.8 guys) and fixed the car up. Added spoiler, and wheels off an 88. It was 16 year old son's first car. He painted it PPG gold to match his snowboard stuff and realized he really needed a 4x4 to make it to the ski hill every weekend. Tokyo drifting works so much better in video games. He sold the Fiero to the production company through craigslist. I made them promise they were not going to wreck it, and asked if they were going to repaint it. They said it was perfect for one of their main characters. (They even kept the black skating sticker on right back panel). The character Badger must fit in bigger in future episodes, but then they had the writer's strike and stopped at 7. Actor playing Badger is 6'4" and they were pleased to see my son is 6'6" and car fit him fine. They were also happy that it was an automatic so they did not have to teach actor a stick.
Good sounding muffler (especially for a 4-banger) added by CARMELITO'S MUFFLER SHOP in Chimayo, (NM). I was surprised to hear it so clearly on TV when it sounds quiet in comparison to husband's three v-8 fieros with CARMELITO's mufflers.
I don't know if BREAKING BAD will go into a 2nd season or if they kept the Fiero for it. It would be fun to see it again. If anyone can tell me how to post a photo of it - I will.
We are in the process of rescuing a white 88 GT v-6 from someone's backyard where it has sat since 98 with broken engine. Car has only 47k miles but looks like 3 times as much. (hot sun and lots of dust). Little brother (14) needs to work on his first car. Dad wants to put in V-8 (what is he thinking?) but I want him to use the 2 or 3 low mileage v-6s lying around. 4-banger was enough car for older brother. They start driving young here in NM. I would like to get all v-8s out of here. Anyone want one? zz4, Lt1 or carburetored something. Not good to have around with teen testosterone
Husband got into fieros about 13 years ago and our two older kids drove them. I can't say enough about how great they are for kids. Low insurance cost, good gas mileage, only one extra seat: although year's later, I heard daughter's record was 5 passengers.
Once after picking up a fiero that had been totally stripped of body panels (think Terminator look) we told daughter that was her new car and for every 6 months she did NOT get a ticket or in an accident she would 'earn' a panel. I think that is a great idea! She didn't. She turned out okay - graduated from West Point '06 and just returned from Iraq.

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know what episode it was in? I just found out I can watch them all on demand.
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Looks like other forums have posted the same thing !

Fiero Spotting on TV - My Life My Site ForumsThis is a discussion on Fiero Spotting on TV within the Automobile forums, part of the General category; 1984-85 tan Fiero coupe on Breaking Bad tonight ...
mylifemysite.com/forum/automobile/116787-fiero-spotting-tv.html - 19k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

Discussions - alt.autos.fiero | Google Groups1984-85 tan Fiero coupe on Breaking Bad tonight (AMC Channel). Meth lab kid drove up in it. By Mr Potatohead - Feb 24 - 1 new of 1 message ...
groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.fiero - 37k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

Fiero Spotting on TV - alt.autos.fiero | Google Groups1984-85 tan Fiero coupe on Breaking Bad tonight (AMC Channel). Meth lab kid drove up in it. Reply Reply to author Forward ...
groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.fiero/browse_thread/thread/756fcd6d83d6d5ef/569ec5533da4f1dd - 35k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bnslebrun:
BREAKING BAD - Fiero:

Cool, thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.
Winkie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
I want to say it was the second or third to last episode of the season.

Ryan
VFR182

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VFR182Send a Private Message to VFR182Direct Link to This Post
I was watching the lame movie COBRA with sylvester stallone last night. in a chase scene in the last 40 minutes or so cobra and the bad guys pass a red notchback on the highway, cutting him or her off. I actually woke my wife up to take a look, she wasnt nearly as excited as I thought. Its funny to see those things pop up in the old movies.
bnslebrun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bnslebrunSend a Private Message to bnslebrunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Cool, thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.

Thanks cliffw. My husband actually lived on this forum years ago when he got into fieros. Use to drive me nuts because he spent every minute learning all he could about fieros!!! All your wives can relate. And.....I remember now that he liked the 'girl' search an awful lot.

The episode that the gold fiero is seen in: EPISODE 5. We have never watched a TV series, much less one about drugs, but it has been pretty cool for the chemistry parts they show...sorta...maybe not the 'raspberry lemonade' part.

Stacy

[This message has been edited by bnslebrun (edited 03-29-2008).]

88 Dread GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Dread GTSend a Private Message to 88 Dread GTDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget the silver '86 SE (I believe) that was in How I Met Your Mother last season.

=-Dread
bnslebrun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bnslebrunSend a Private Message to bnslebrunDirect Link to This Post
Gold fiero and son in gold snowboard pants. Glad that stage is over

88 Dread GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2008 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Dread GTSend a Private Message to 88 Dread GTDirect Link to This Post
Here's an old show. I was watching my DVD's of La Femme Nikita (season 3) and during a car chase scene there was a black SE. Couldn't tell if it was an '86 or '87, maybe an '85 GT? Anyway, it was a notchback with ground effects.

=-Eric
Winkie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2008 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
I may be wrong but wasn't the one on breaking bad an SE with black ground effects?

Ryan
bnslebrun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bnslebrunSend a Private Message to bnslebrunDirect Link to This Post
Ryan - Maybe by this photo angle you can't tell, but look under the door and you can see the black ground effects. The tv people even kept the black sticker that you see on the roof post. It is very visible when Badger parks on the street. I guess they figured it matched the Badger personality?
Stacy
PFF
System Bot
bnslebrun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bnslebrunSend a Private Message to bnslebrunDirect Link to This Post
Ryan - Not an SE. Husband added the spoiler from an 85 GT. And added power: windows, sideviews, locks, and trunk release. Oh - and engine. As I said - we rescued it from the junk yard. We were there looking for parts when they brought it in to squash- all beat up, salvage title, and broken engine.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock