Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  dozol's build thread "FIERO REBORN" (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
dozol's build thread "FIERO REBORN" by dozol
Started on: 10-25-2007 06:54 PM
Replies: 178
Last post by: doublec4 on 05-14-2008 09:56 PM
dozol

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2007 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
hey !

I know we are not using stock camshaft. Craig will have to help here with details.

Heads will be shaved to bump up the compression.

Rockers i believe will remain stock unless we decide otherwise.

Heads will be ported and polished.

As for the exhaust, I dont know the specifics, it will be a true dual exhaust.

Craig should chime in soon to verify what i just said.

dominik

I own the second page !!!

[This message has been edited by dozol (edited 11-08-2007).]

IP: Logged
prostreet505

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

by going carb your probably going to have 180-190HP depending on other mods your doing, definatly better than the stock intake.

the 4 speed from a 85-86 v6 car is 3.65 ratio

things ill need to know to give you a "fair" horsepower analysis would be:

what cam are you using?
what compression ratio your pistons are
stock rockers, or roller rockers?
i already saw your adding headers so that will help alot, id recommend 2.25" exhaust
are the heads and intake going to be ported?

need to know what exactly is being done to the engine.

matthew

We are going with the crane 272 cam, crane gold roller rockers. The pistons are forged flattop with a 9.5:1 compression ratio. The heads are going to be ported and polished along with the intake. The headers and exhaust will be fabricated by me, and 2 1/4 pipes are going to be used. The trans is a 85 3.65 ratio that has been redone. I am hoping to achive around a 210 to 220 hp with 103 octane gas and some fine tuning, But we should achieve at least 200 on pump gas. The dyno will tell the results when it is all said and done.

Craig
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2007 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
thanks Craig for the explonation.
prostreet505

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2007 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by dozol:

thanks Craig for the explonation.

No problem. Inquiring minds need to know
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
ill guess your going to be right around your horsepower goal then, +/- 10 HP or so, one of the good things is that 80% of the stuff your doing will swap over to a 3.4L if you ever decide you want alittle more power and low end torque, the shortblock with the updated pistons are the onlything that wont swap over

matthew
prostreet505

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

ill guess your going to be right around your horsepower goal then, +/- 10 HP or so, one of the good things is that 80% of the stuff your doing will swap over to a 3.4L if you ever decide you want alittle more power and low end torque, the shortblock with the updated pistons are the onlything that wont swap over

matthew

I went into this project with the idea of being able to reuse the majority of these components on a 3.4 block in the future if he wanted to. I would really like to see this car with a 350 in it, but I think I scared him out of that idea when I took him for a test drive in my 84 350. What do you say Dominik, are you up for a 350?
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
lol I dont think i could handle a 350. Right now im driving 130hp Focus. Well there is a quite a difference between 130 and 450 hp.

We didnt even get to the 4th gear ! I must say it felt really nice but i dont think you floored it Craig, did you?

When i started the project i just wanted to replace the tranny, then I wanted a rebuilt 2.8, now its giong to be a carburated heavily modded 2.8 with estimated 200hp.

For past 3 and a half years my dream was to have a Fiero which would be reliable. I did not care

if it was fast, I just wanted to enjoy it.

Now my dream is slowly coming true and additionally another dream might happen. I might beat my friend's 07 Civic Si.

The second isnt really that important but still i cant wait.....

dominik

[This message has been edited by dozol (edited 11-09-2007).]

prostreet505

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Direct Link to This Post
Not quite 450hp I wish it was 450 rwhp But no, I did not have it to the floor. I was about half throttle. Maybe next time you stop by we can try and hit 4th gear.

I hope to have the cradle painted this weekend. In between my road trips that is.
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
lol maybe i shouldnt experience the power your 84 has. I dont want MY car to feel slow when it is done

prostreet505

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Direct Link to This Post
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys

I just ordered some parts from Jegs.

That would be: Performer Intake Manifold Base
Performer Intake Manifold Top
Max Pressure Regulator
Throttle Bracket with Return Springs

Those should arrive Friday.

I am also searching for a good clutch. I am not looking for a performance one because i am not planning on racing a car........ a lot
Stock will do for a while. So i did some research and this is what i came up with.

Please tell me if you have any experience with any of these. Note is it a 4 speed.

$ 55
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...dZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

$ 80

$ 140 doesnt say if its a 4 speed

$ 135

There are plenty here:
http://www.autopartswarehou...lutch_kit~parts.html

In the Fierostore there is a stock one for 170 bucks.

So what say you??

I am planning on spending less than 200 bucks.

thanks !

dominik
PFF
System Bot
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post

dozol

679 posts
Member since Feb 2005
sorry guys........gotta bump it to the top

dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys

Since when Santa comes in the middle of November and drives a brown truck?!
Jegs stuff arrived. Ordered on 14th, got it on the 16th. Awesome !

i bought the clutch from Rockauto, should arrive soon.....

what do you guys think?

dominik
prostreet505

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Direct Link to This Post
I'm building this engine and I am always the last to know that Santa came early.

Looks good Dominik. It will look even better when it is installed on the engine.
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
i might lack some inteligence but i dont get something here.

The carburator will be mounted on the top intake right?

So the fuel will be sprayed through the top, base intake and heads to the chamber?

i might have to look at howstuffworks.com heheheh

excuse my ignorance

dominik
JesseM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JesseMSend a Private Message to JesseMDirect Link to This Post
I think that this will be a really nice fiero when you are done. I am anticipating seeing the whole thing put together. good luck!
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
clutch will be arriving on November 21st.

BECK/ARNLEY Part # 0616020
4 Speed Manual Transaxle;232mm Diameter;1 Per Car
Clutch Set, 232mm Diameter;9-1/8" Diameter;14 Splines;4 Speed Manual Transaxle;1 Per Car

dominik

[This message has been edited by dozol (edited 11-17-2007).]

dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
updates ! updates ! updates !

purple and purple and some more purple

wires??? who needs wires?? its all wireless now !!!!!!!!!

dominik
Kyle1016

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle1016Send a Private Message to Kyle1016Direct Link to This Post
looks really good Dominik! I am excited to see the finished product
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
updates again !!!!!!!!!!!!

I received the clutch from rockauto.
Whosaler Closeout --- 67 bucks shipped. What a deal.
now my favorite, pics

hopefully it will work ok, the disc looks solid, but what do i know.

what do you guys think??

dominik
prostreet505

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Direct Link to This Post
That don't look like the right disc Dominik.
PFF
System Bot
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
in the description it said 4 speed v6 fiero,
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
ok I did some measurments...

there are 14 splindes

but.................

the disc is 9 inches long not 9 1/8.
here are some pictures...

that one came out a little blurry

please tell me it will work fine.............

dominik
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post

dozol

679 posts
Member since Feb 2005
ok after reading through 60 pages in Search i cant find the answer.

The clutch disc is 8 7/8''

The pressure plate is 9 1/8''

Will this disc perform ok with that pressure plate?

dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post

dozol

679 posts
Member since Feb 2005
anyone?
prostreet505

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Direct Link to This Post
It will work, but it will not uphold very well. Send it back and get the right disc. The 8 7/8 disc was used in the 84 4 cylinder application and maybe other 4 cylinder applications, but not in the 6 cylinder. They were a 9 1/8 disc.

Craig
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2007 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys

here are some updates....

I shipped back the clutch, supposedly it was misboxed.
Also i ordered harmonic balancer, front engine mount, 2 gauge pillar and head bolts from fiero store.
Need to buy list is getting smaller

Over the weekend Craid sanded down the cradle and primered it

also.....
new thing was discovered.....

i have no idea how that happened but well....... as long as it's fixable

We are getting closer and closer. I cant wait to drive it for the first time. I also love that i will be able to say that it has a "stock" modded 2.8. It will be carbed which also is a unique for this engine (i think).

dominik
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2007 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
Hello Guys, i have to wake that thread up a little.

I received the clutch from rockauto, this time it is 9 1/8''

I also got the package from Fiero Store
That would be..

harmonic balancer

head bolts
\
front motor mount

and a-pillar dual gauge pod

Everything is going well so far. Next, the engine will be mounted on the cradle, the tranny might get some paint. What do you guys say??? purple???

more to come

dominik
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry but i have to update the thread

Do you guys think these with some of Creig's magic would fit my V6?

linuxpowered88

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linuxpowered88Send a Private Message to linuxpowered88Direct Link to This Post
wow fabbing v8 headers to v6. I think the cost would out weigh the ups. I would just buy the ones from the fiero store such but thats my opinion. If i recall those headers were for sale because they wouldn't fit a v8 fiero without major mods.
prostreet505

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by linuxpowered88:

wow fabbing v8 headers to v6. I think the cost would out weigh the ups. I would just buy the ones from the fiero store such but thats my opinion. If i recall those headers were for sale because they wouldn't fit a v8 fiero without major mods.

Your right, they were for sale. I was the one that had them for sale. I am removing one of the tubes and reworking 2 of the other tubes. The tube that is getting removed will have something special in place of where it used to be. Anybody want to take a quess at what it might be? You have to think old school.

Post some pics of the headers progress Dominik.

Craig
PFF
System Bot
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
pics pics pics.

lol i will have fabbed V8 headers on my V6

great job Craig !

dominik

[This message has been edited by dozol (edited 12-17-2007).]

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerDirect Link to This Post
Very interesting ... hey I'm not old enough to think old school so what's up with the extra tube? Lol.

Say could you guys make a list of parts and cost? I'm curious to see what it'll end up costing vs what you get out of it. BTW prostreet you take some good pics!
Torch-Red87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Torch-Red87Click Here to visit Torch-Red87's HomePageSend a Private Message to Torch-Red87Direct Link to This Post
VALEO CLUTCH hmmmmmmmmm..................... over here in europe i would never ever buy stuff from Valeo this is the biggest crap if ever seen in my 13 years of master professional life .
Hope for you it will last long .............good luck with it !!!
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
And it was cheap also. I wanted a stock clutch for now because I am not planning on racing it or driving it (very) hard.
We will see how it performs, I guess iI will learn from my mistake if it turns out to be a piece of crap.
prostreet505

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2007 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by timwdegner:

Very interesting ... hey I'm not old enough to think old school so what's up with the extra tube? Lol.

Say could you guys make a list of parts and cost? I'm curious to see what it'll end up costing vs what you get out of it. BTW prostreet you take some good pics!

Thanks for the compliment. Here is a preview of what the 4th tube will be used for. What do you think?

dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2007 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
lol i think i might finally have a chance to use that fire extinguisher that has been sitting for years in the trunk.

Here is the picture of my new carb and the braided steel hose kit.

dominik
linuxpowered88

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2007 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for linuxpowered88Send a Private Message to linuxpowered88Direct Link to This Post
Thats real cool with the headers my compliments. That mod might very well flow better than the fiero store since they look to be longer. Either way you will have a one of a kind header setup.
Kyle1016

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2007 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle1016Send a Private Message to Kyle1016Direct Link to This Post
Really impressed, i can't wait to see it finished!

And craig, i see the picture for what the extra tube is for, the flame coming out . But what exactly is it for? lol
Either way amazing job fabricating the headers to fit!

Keep the pictures coming Dominik

Kyle
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2007 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
Is that what you are talking about Craig?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock