Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Bought the Indy I was looking for. (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Bought the Indy I was looking for. by RAREW66
Started on: 10-01-2006 11:34 PM
Replies: 75
Last post by: jscott1 on 07-19-2008 08:33 PM
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
i'm done talking about trannys.

this thread belongs to Fred. he's hunted long and hard for this car.

that's a great car, the only problem is it doesn't have a superduty in it *(yet)*

EDIT Woo Hoo, i own page 2...

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 10-03-2006).]

IP: Logged
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
Wow, lots of post and PM's as to how much I paid. Well it is no secret, I paid 10k for the car. This includes every scrap of paper from the day the dealer ordered the car to today. The original door decals and an original dealer available windshield decal in their sealed, un-opened boxes were included. The original Delco Freedom Battery and original black oil filter were included. Also, a box of Indy stuff that is fairly common for sale like the track press kit ect. The car even has the original 84 Wisconsin plates on it. This car was bought new with the intention of what it is today; low mileage as close to new. In other words, exactly what I wanted.

This car will not see the street. I have several cars that are treated this way and they get more maintenance than the cars I drive. It may get 2.5 miles on it if i get the chance to take it on track at Indy, but that is a fairly safe environment.

BTW, this was my 40th Birthday present to myself. I sealed the deal on September 21st which kind of spoiled the excitement of a birthday cake.

Fred

One more pic:

84IndyFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84IndyFieroSend a Private Message to 84IndyFieroDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
thief!!
Congrats on the find. Happy 40th birthday too. Nice way to celebrate a mid-life crisis.
I'm just a little jealous now.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com
Yellow Formula Signature

• 88 FORMULA-ZZ3 HSR
  • V8 buildup thread
  • My Shower Cam
  • At mile 20 I thought I was dead At mile 22 I wished I was dead At mile 24 I knew I was dead At mile 26.2 I realized I had become too tough to kill
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2006 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIDirect Link to This Post
Fred, stealing deals from WI again and in my own back yard. As soon as I heard, you got a very low mileage pace car. I only know of 3 of them with under 200 miles (1)The one Ms Lori advertised, (2)The one Captain Dean has and (3)Mike Jansen. And from the pictures I seen this car inside and out and it's Mike's, why did he sell it, was he hurting for money or whats the story? His wife bought him that car, I can't believe he sold that car, marriage trouble, what gives. Call me!
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post
Craig you honestly must be lost as the 3:18 did come on the Pace cars for manuals as I have build sheets with them, one being car 271364 sent to Port Clinton.

Also that the code was F75 on the sheet for the gear ratio and the trans code was MX1 """I will bet my Indy pace car on this info if you would like"""". This trans was rare. My sheet was showing all trans for thoe years and I never stated Manual only.

. Hope this helps. SC

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 01-12-2007).]

davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanDirect Link to This Post
Well, it doesn't have as little as 193 miles on it, but I just bought myself a second Fiero:

An Indy with 4000 miles. I was already shaking when my bid on ebay came up as the winning one. Couldn't stop for about 10 minutes!

I'll take pictures and post them when she gets here from Illinois.

Yeah, I wish she had only 193 miles on her, but I'll not complain!

An '88 GT T-Top with 8,600 miles and an '84 Indy with 4000 miles. Yup, I'm a lucky bastard. But a bastard with a smile on his face nonetheless!

------------------

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
are you going to drive either of them, or put them to waste?

matthew
davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

are you going to drive either of them, or put them to waste?

matthew

I'll drive them enough to keep the juices flowing, keep the calipers working, etc. but not much more than that.

Other than that: they'll be "put to waste," to use your terminology. Of course, I could do justice to them and mod the living daylights out of them, including piling on ricer-boy stickers that add 5hp each, but nah. I think I'll let them go to waste by doing everything that I can to preserve them in showroom condition, as they are now.

Yeah. What a waste. How dare I. Huh?

------------------

ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davikan:
Other than that: they'll be "put to waste," to use your terminology. Of course, I could do justice to them and mod the living daylights out of them, including piling on ricer-boy stickers that add 5hp each, but nah. I think I'll let them go to waste by doing everything that I can to preserve them in showroom condition, as they are now.

Yeah. What a waste. How dare I. Huh?

[This message has been edited by ohioindy (edited 09-21-2007).]

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
I drive mine...and it kills Ohio to know that....but I am driving it less now than I used to.

Everyone enjoys their car for different reasons....some like to drive them....so like to leave them parked....if I had an Indy with only 4000 miles I would become one of those that like to keep it parked. I personally have become of the mindset that an Indy should not be messed with (unless it has a blown motor, or is in such bad shape that it would be cheaper to mod it just a little...I know that I will have trouble when my motor blows, as I will want to put something else in it, but....). 4000 miles...wow...KEEP IT STOCK KEEP IT LOW MILEAGE.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
fierodeletre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodeletreSend a Private Message to fierodeletreDirect Link to This Post
Forgive an ignoramus, but How many Indianapolis 500 special editions were constructed again? I remember seeing one years ago across the valley in another town parked behind a truckstop cafe/garage. I didn't know/care about fieros at the time, but man, if they're that rare, it's almost worth getting it just to preserve or restore what you can, you know?

------------------
If you can't be good, be good at it.

Edaw 0

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Edaw 0Send a Private Message to Edaw 0Direct Link to This Post
Congrats!

I love Indy interiors.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierodeletre:

Forgive an ignoramus, but How many Indianapolis 500 special editions were constructed again?

2,000 Indy pace car replicas....

As far as Fieros go that is pretty rare. There might be less numbers of yellow T-top formulas, Meras and stuff like that, but the Indy is one of the rarest of models.

I say leave an Indy as close to stock as possible. Heavily mod a different Fiero
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous.
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post
Congrats and happy to see you will be preserving it as best you can. There are only a handfull of low mileage ones in this condition. Rick

www.Fieropacecar.com
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post
I didn't want to do it, but I have mine going in a local paper (Wheels and Deals) starting the 27th. It's not a low milage one by no means, has about 116,000 miles, but I drive it every once in a while, and keep plates and insurance on it. Done a lot of work on it, but need to make room for my new project. I started the price at $4700 obo, and going to work from there.

Kevin
Centralia MO.
FieroBoy13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2007 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoy13Send a Private Message to FieroBoy13Direct Link to This Post
Congratulations Fred! I'm very jealous!!
Congrats to you for not settling and waiting for the car you really wanted! I don't think I would have had the patience, but it paid off very nicely for you!
I know the Indy has a great home now!

Scott

------------------
Member NIFE
1986 Gold Fiero GT --"GoldRush"

fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2007 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Nice find Fred, and happy birthday!

------------------

--180* t-stat, cams, 96-97 intake swap, FFP pulley, A/C Idler, P/S idler, Ported exhaust mani's, flowmaster exhaust, EGR delete, K&N filter, chip-- --13.8 @ 99 (before cams full street trim)--
--Check out the Fiero Kingdom!--
Beater: Flat black 90 CRX with a JDM D15 VTEC <--ballin'!

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2007 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
I took a couple of pictures of my 193 mile Indy on the first year anniversary of my ownership. The car has been driven about 300 feet this year. Since purchasing a year ago, I have done a lot of polishing and cleaning to brighten up the car. With a little elbow grease, the car has become a "like new" Indy Fiero. The original fuel pump gave up electrically, so that was changed. It was a relief to see the inside of the tank and sending unit just as clean as a new one. I had to remove the front phenelic brake caliper pistons and replace them with steel ones. The phenelic pistons have given me trouble on the 84-87 Fieros that sit alot. They want to swell and seize in the bore. I don't really know why, but it is the at least the fourth "no mileage" Fiero that I have had this symtom. And. of course, the hydralic clutch system was serviced along with new coolant and engine oil. The car has been a simple joy to work on with everything brand new. The only thing that I have changed is removing the original 84 yellow Wisconsin license plates and added an original era correct Pontiac Dealer Showroom Plate in Front and a real 84 Indy Plate #66 thanks to Rick Borecky (SuperchargedV6)

Indy proudly displayed with 52" x 78" 304 stainless steel emblem. How many spouses would put up with that mounted on the back of the house??

My real Indy with "Baby's First Training Indy" I had to work my way in to the real thing.

Today, the car went back in it's flannel jammies to wait out the long cold winter in the climate controlled garage. All ready to head to Pontiac for the 25th Anniversary festivities.

Fred
davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

The most important feature to me:

Do you get flak from "car people" telling you that you're "wasting" your Indy by not driving it? I certainly do. I get rolling eyes from people when they find out that I've put less than 550 miles on my '88 GT in about 2 1/2 years of owning her. ONCE I FINALLY GET MY INDY, it'll probably be driven even less.

Which reminds me: yes, I'm still waiting for the Indy. That ONE character in the VIN that got changed from a "5" to an "S" on the title is going to delay my getting the car by about a month. But, I've sent a 3rd-party inspector out, who has confirmed the vehicle's condition, mileage (4,312 miles) what the VIN really is (no surprises: it was an honest mistake), that it's being stored indoors in a climate-controlled environment, and that there's a SOLD tag on the dashboard with my name on it.

Now, it's just a matter of waiting for the DMV to get it's lethargic a** in gear and get a brand new title issued for the car.

ARGH!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

Do you get flak from "car people" telling you that you're "wasting" your Indy by not driving it? I certainly do. I get rolling eyes from people when they find out that I've put less than 550 miles on my '88 GT in about 2 1/2 years of owning her. ONCE I FINALLY GET MY INDY, it'll probably be driven even less.

The more time that goes on, the less I hear crap about not driving the low milers. The Indy I bought for me, so I really do not care what others think. It is more of a joy be able to look at my "new" Indy Fiero when I want to. The car starts and drives on to the trailer just like the new Fieros I remember from my days doing new car preps at the dealership when you could still buy a new Fiero. I also yet to see a high mileage Indy Fiero that has had a complete restoration to look just like a new car.

When I bought my blue GT with 29k miles on it seven years ago, a club member had nearly an identical car with near the same mileage. He drove his and now it is a $1000 Fiero that needs restoration. The guy broke down and stated that he now understands why I do not drive mine. The cars that are trailered get continuous maintenance with brake fluid, clutch hydralic fluid, coolant, engine and trans oil, and gas changes every other year. It is chore to keep them refreshed from sitting all year, but worth it to me. So, "sitting" has not had any adverse effects on the cars. Actually, I received even more crap for buying the PPG Pace Car with no title or VIN. But that car is well documented as to exactly what it is, so the legal stuff is not even a concern of mine. The signifigance of the PPG car is enough to keep it off the road.

Anyways, I drive a Fiero in some form or another each and every day. So, I see the abuses of everday use and how it affects the condition of a car. Not to mention the damages that have occured to the driver Fieros from collisions over the years. I always throw out that every car was new in the beginning, so like everything else, they do not stay new very long. Over the years, I have seen numerous low mileage Fieros that were show winners damaged from being on the road. I have parted a few of them.

Enjoy your Indy the way you want to. If sitting in your garage is the way you want to enjoy it, more power to you. I think that you will never lose out on your investment maintaining the car the way it is.

Fred
87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations on finding your dream car! That is one BEAUTIFUL pace car. I love the interior.

------------------

Visit my website!
Fieros West
David
2 Corinthians 5: 17
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 5 Speed
2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

ohioindy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post

I also yet to see a high mileage Indy Fiero that has had a complete restoration to look just like a new car.

Fred

davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paced84:
Thought for sure you would have known that map pockets were an option... Mine did not have map pockets, I installed a set as it looks to plain without them...

How do these attach? My Indy (if I EVER GET IT! Damn the Illinois DMV!) won't have them, and I agree: it looks a little plain. But, I'll not want to alter the car in any permanent way. Can I stick 'em on with velcro?

------------------

SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post
Buy another set of door panels to swap for now. There always for sale as I have two sets. Velcro will tear up our carpet. Rick
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2008 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
This has been my winter project this year. I think I am ready for the 25th Show now. A whole bunch of elbow grease in removing the undercoating, I found a nice new Indy under all the dirt. I painted the bare cast iron parts with Cast Blast to preserve them from rusting, otherwise all the rest of it was what was put on at the factory.

This car is eligible for concourse judjing through the Antique Automobile Club of America next year. So, I have detailed the car with the intentions of earning the national awards at their events.

h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2008 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
Beautifull Fred!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2008 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Great job-beautiful Indy-& IMO--a steal of a purchase price. Enjoy the 25th!!
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2008 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

This car is eligible for concourse judjing through the Antique Automobile Club of America next year. So, I have detailed the car with the intentions of earning the national awards at their events.

Wow! I think that crashing sound you hear was OhioIndy going through the roof. That looks beautiful.

I don't think I have ever see a concourse restoration of a Fiero... very nice. I would love to do that to mine someday.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 07-19-2008).]

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2008 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Incredible. I am so in love with your Indy. Would you consider trading in for a low milage, Blue 87 GT that I recently acquired? :
(you knew I would say something about the GT at some point?)
PFF
System Bot
ohioindy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2008 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post
Dam....I mean just Dam...It's not $ex but it's close

------------------
Factory Stock…
The way God intended it to be.

davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2008 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ohioindy:

I know, huh? WHAT a car. I'm SO jealous, even though there are those that would tell me not to complain about mine: I might wish that it had power windows and locks, but in the grand scheme of things, a 4,300-mile Indy sitting next to a 8,600 mile '88 GT CJB car... I suppose that I could have done worse.

But I still want MORE.
Damn, this Fiero thing really IS an addiction, isn't it?
DAMN YOU, RAREW66 !!!

(Hey, if his Indy is "close to $ex," can mine at least get "Lap Dance" status?)

------------------

ohioindy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2008 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post
Yours…well…Let’s Call it “Paradise By The Dashboard Light” if you get my drift
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2008 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ohioindy:

It was for me,, I love it Fred and cant wait to see it. Bet you's trade the DGP for it hahahahaha. Rick B

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2008 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

... even though there are those that would tell me not to complain about mine: I might wish that it had power windows and locks...00-mile Indy sitting next to a 8,600 mile '88 GT CJB car... I suppose that I could have done worse.

I'm adding power locks to mine, and not even the factory style actuators, but aftermarket. It will look factory from the outside, but inside I will know it's an imitation.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock