Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Show me your custom steering wheel. (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Show me your custom steering wheel. by James Bond 007
Started on: 07-22-2006 10:05 AM
Replies: 57
Last post by: Acesurfer on 05-08-2008 05:52 PM
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
There's a picture of my steering wheel in this thread. And for you guys with the momo wheels looking for a shorter adapter, you can see the one I had made (which is what the thread is about).

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/062035.html

------------------

IP: Logged
Earl-R

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-RDirect Link to This Post
Here is mine, a MOMO wheel that is coming out, old school but, I like it still.

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

I want something more updated. Here is the new wheel that is coming in a day or two.

FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Give me a couple of months to finish some things I'm working on, and I'll start on my stock GT 3-spoke with added contours, finger ribbing and carbon fiber
RTNmsds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTNmsdsClick Here to visit RTNmsds's HomePageSend a Private Message to RTNmsdsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Disillusion:

RTNmsds - a quick question on your seats. They are from a 1990+ 300zx no? what sort of modifications' did you need to do, if any, to get them to fit?

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't ventured back into this thread 'till someone else PM'd me about the seats. I think they were from a corvette. They were in the car when I bought it. I started a thread about this a few years ago trying to identify them. I'll see if I can find it.

[edit] a forum member identified them as a match for his wife's mid-80 ('84) vette seats.

[This message has been edited by RTNmsds (edited 12-16-2006).]

befarrer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brian Lamberts:

Here's my "custom" wheel. (I'm cheap and I don't like those expensive aftermarket wheel systems.)

It replaced the tacky paddle style wheel in my Formula. Looks rather stock and is quite nice

(out of an 89 Firebird, I think.) From Ebay for about $30.

lol, same wheel I am using. I like it, looks stock, and mine is all leather, even the center bit. I used it because the horn paddles were missing from my 86 wheel, and this one was in my parts car, bolted right up.

------------------

84 Fiero Sport Coupe #1192 :: 86 Fiero Base Coupe Quad 4 HO :: 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 2WD Club Cab Long Box 5.2L Auto

Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
To: PAULJK: The Shifter knob is actually from a GM car... and it almost fits like it was made to go onto the shifter, i had to widdle out a small portion on the inside but it fit onto the shifter post like a glove then i tightened the hex screw in the front and its stayed put ever since... it was expensive though at 120 after shipping and US to CAN exchange and all that... but it is a GM Part... which means the quality is good and it looks even better... oh and it also came with a large shifter boot... i took that off and attached the fiero store one i got, in the same way that the larger boot was attached... and the result is as you see it in the picture... it works great!

To: THE BEAST: the steering wheel is a grant signarture series wheel with a chrome adapter hub... it fit on perfectly and is a 1/2 inch smaller then the origional fiero wheel... but i love it and the stock fiero horn button was easy to adapt...

Sorry about the long response time wait guys... didn't get around to lookin this one up recently... but thanks for the comments...

------------------

D2Turbo3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2Turbo3.4DOHCClick Here to visit D2Turbo3.4DOHC's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2Turbo3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Folks:

Cant make PIP work so here is a link to mine: http://www.fieroswest.org/images/Img32.jpg

Here is the whole car: http://www.fieroswest.org/LatestProjectsatWestCoastFiero.html

Regards,

David
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
from a GM CAR ... thanks a bunch .... that'll help me find one ....
ForceFedFlesh

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ForceFedFleshSend a Private Message to ForceFedFleshDirect Link to This Post
i just had to bump this ancient thread.....lot of nice steering wheels here
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:

im not a fiero driver anymore but i love the MOMO wheel in my GTI

i am a fiero driver again, and here is the wheel in my GT
nibotolu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nibotoluSend a Private Message to nibotoluDirect Link to This Post
you have good taste
i use to have exactly the same wheel in my golf mi. good memories
now i regret that i didnt take it off when i sold the golf
PFF
System Bot
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
I put this one in the GBCT, bought it from Ausfiero..he had the hub made and chromed too.

This is a "Personal Fittipaldi Leather Steering Wheel " that was in my 88GT.

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 10-03-2007).]

Disillusion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DisillusionSend a Private Message to DisillusionDirect Link to This Post
Grant Challenger Series, just put it in the other weekend.

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Here is an old picture of my Grant Evolution wheel. I also ordered a 1 inch adapter to mount it and the billet horn button. The wheel is a match to my Grant shift knob.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Grant GT Model #404 with 1" adapter.

The wheel cost about $100 or so. The finish on the wood wasn't very good, so I refinished it with clear gloss urethane.
Disillusion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DisillusionSend a Private Message to DisillusionDirect Link to This Post
I like your wheel Blacktree. Mine is model # 440. When you installed yours did you have a problem with the horn being on all the time?
TRiAD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Ha! I was looking at the exact same wheel (in all black) on eBay just last night!

I couldn't decide how "bland" it might look in the car, or how (un)comfortable it might be...

What are your thoughts on it?

Also, does anyone have any more info on custom hub adapters that don't make the wheel stick out so much, like the one Darrell made in the thread posted above?
The wheel in the Formula is WAY closer than I like it now (looking into adjusting the clutch pedal) and I couldn't handle it any closer.

...Bumping an OLD thread because I'd love to see more wheels!!

Thanks!
------------------
~Michael

Project IMSA Formula Coming Soon!
'85 GT 4sp white - SOLD | | '85 2M6 Auto red - SOLD | | '84 2M4 bare chassis - SOLD
Crap, I'm out of Fieros! Time to buy another!! - "Your mileage may vary."

[This message has been edited by TRiAD (edited 05-08-2008).]

Acesurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AcesurferClick Here to visit Acesurfer's HomePageSend a Private Message to AcesurferDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock