Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Great car show in Germany today (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Great car show in Germany today by yellowstone
Started on: 08-05-2007 01:53 PM
Replies: 49
Last post by: Fieroseverywhere on 08-15-2007 11:00 AM
D.Rohm

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2007 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D.RohmSend a Private Message to D.RohmDirect Link to This Post
Sure it was a fantastic event , with great cars , but it has to be also mentioned , that two Wing Door Mercedes and one Ferrari F40 were stolen from this event . Nobody know how it could be , because there was only one way for go in or out . Maybe these three cars will be shown at some other events far away from Germany . That could be the last event at Schloss Dyck with wonderful cars .
IP: Logged
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Actually, the cars stolen were Mercedes 190 SL and 280 SL and the F40.

Originally posted by D.Rohm:

Sure it was a fantastic event , with great cars , but it has to be also mentioned , that two Wing Door Mercedes and one Ferrari F40 were stolen from this event . Nobody know how it could be , because there was only one way for go in or out . Maybe these three cars will be shown at some other events far away from Germany . That could be the last event at Schloss Dyck with wonderful cars .

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

I hope the owners haves a Low-Jack system.
MclarenF1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Direct Link to This Post
Why would you steal an F40? What are you gonna do, part it out to other F40 owners? Or better yet, drive it around? I don't see how you could steal an F40 and get away with it

------------------

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by D.Rohm:

Sounds like it was an inside job. Especially since apparently the owners and/or friends didn't notice their rare expensive cars leaving and being driven by someone else. Or...the owners set it up so they could collect on insurance maybe...
D.Rohm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D.RohmSend a Private Message to D.RohmDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Actually , I wasn `t correct enough , but I thought it is not so important , which cars are stolen . Important fact is cars were stolen at this event . Here are now the correct discription , if somebody is interested in .
The complete cars stolen from this event : two 280SL Pagode (grey and black) , one 190SL Roadster (light blue ), one 356B/1600 Porsche , one Ferrari F40 (red) .
The Ferrari was founded in Heerlen (NL).
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
Why would you steal cars like that? When there are only a handful in existence whenever any of them go for sale (legally or not) everyone who cares finds out. When you steal a Toyota Corolla its one of 55,000,000, when you steal an F40 its what one of 300? Unless it was one of those stolen and shipped to the middle east deals. I have read about a few people whos Nissan Skylines disappeared and showed up in the middle east. The Alpina B7 is also a popular stolen car over there but I can't fathom how you'd steal a BMW with the new keys.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

Why would you steal cars like that?

Joy ride?
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I guess, I don't understand it.
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

Why would you steal cars like that? When there are only a handful in existence whenever any of them go for sale (legally or not) everyone who cares finds out. When you steal a Toyota Corolla its one of 55,000,000, when you steal an F40 its what one of 300? Unless it was one of those stolen and shipped to the middle east deals. I have read about a few people whos Nissan Skylines disappeared and showed up in the middle east. The Alpina B7 is also a popular stolen car over there but I can't fathom how you'd steal a BMW with the new keys.

My guess would be they were immediately taken to the docks and loaded onto boats for shipment to another country. Could even be on their way over here to the US. Or possibly Japan, China, ect. Those are rare cars and are highly sought after. I'm thinking some, not so by the book, collector set it all up and just figured this car show was a one stop shopping event just for them. F*&%#n rich people.

Most likely they'll end up in someones collection and will never be driven or shown again. Bout 30 years from now they will come out of their hiding spot and be sold for a tremendous profit. This kind of stuff happens every day the world over.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 08-15-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock