Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Bobadoofunk's Get Together June 30th to Finish Black Betty (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Bobadoofunk's Get Together June 30th to Finish Black Betty by Back On Holiday
Started on: 06-11-2007 09:52 AM
Replies: 72
Last post by: BobadooFunk on 07-04-2007 04:52 PM
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, take a break every now and then to update us.

Woo Hoo I own page two.

Steve
IP: Logged
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
If I didn't have a new baby, and wasn't 6 hours away, I'd have come. Back On Holiday.. You're a good guy...Nice to see a person make a promise and follow through. Good luck with school Jerry..
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
WATCH!!!

Click here to watch coolant

Click here to watch YES-82-34

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 06-30-2007).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
"PB Blaster busts a tough nut instantly increasing the size of your tool. Don't bust your knuckles.. Bust a nut."
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
CONGRATS on getting it running!

Now, get it timed and back together. Set it down, run it around the block, and GO FOR IT!

Remember to baby that car for a few hundred miles to make sure nothing bad happens.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

CONGRATS on getting it running!

Now, get it timed and back together. Set it down, run it around the block, and GO FOR IT!

Remember to baby that car for a few hundred miles to make sure nothing bad happens.

i WISH! missing a brake line, leaking tranny fluid, no e brake, no front shock, but tomorrow we are attacking more stuff.. and im broke..

D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post
But you are now over the hump. I bet it will be a lot easier to stay motivated and plugging away at the other stuff now that she runs.

Congrats !
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Jerry has lots of little things to get done still, securing wiring loom and other stuff that he can do easily himself, just time consuming which he is gung ho now, I think he almost bust his nut when it almost started the first time while I was rotating the rotor, he got the timing pretty well set before re-install and just needed some tweaking during the crank process. all this work was worth all the time it took to help him out just to see the look on his face when it started. jerrys in the shower now and we're going out to celebrate.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:
Click here to watch coolant

Tip for ya next time: Grab an empty 2 liter bottle, rinse, cut the bottom off. Flip coolant bottle around so opening is on top when pouring. Big funnel, less splashes.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 06-30-2007).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Jerry has lots of little things to get done still, securing wiring loom and other stuff that he can do easily himself, just time consuming which he is gung ho now, I think he almost bust his nut when it almost started the first time while I was rotating the rotor, he got the timing pretty well set before re-install and just needed some tweaking during the crank process. all this work was worth all the time it took to help him out just to see the look on his face when it started. jerrys in the shower now and we're going out to celebrate.

HELL YEAH!!!!
stokedbug2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stokedbug2Send a Private Message to stokedbug2Direct Link to This Post
Gratz man.
PFF
System Bot
PontiacJ829

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ829Click Here to visit PontiacJ829's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ829Direct Link to This Post

i WISH! missing a brake line, leaking tranny fluid, no e brake, no front shock, but tomorrow we are attacking more stuff.. and im broke..

I'm sure those people that commented on that thread in 'The Mall' for donations are still willing to donate some money to your PayPal? Glad to see you got her running!
ly41181

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ly41181Send a Private Message to ly41181Direct Link to This Post
I don't have much to contribute but I have the pdf file on the 86 factory service manual. I printed out a copy at work, over 600 pages front and back, just like the real book. Would you like one?
thismanyfieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
congrats and kudos to you back on holiday...nice work...tim
Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post

I think he almost bust his nut when it almost started the first time

Big "+" for you for helping Jerry out!

(Too bad we can't hand out more than one)
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
OK! Back On Holiday is on his way home, words cannot express how grateful i am and how much it meant to me. My face lit up when it started.Its the first time the car has started since i owned it! This weekend was a blast. Good times, Dew, and a now RUNNING Fiero!!! SWEET!

on with the pics.

Me wrenchin.

Off the cradle

Cradle

New engine mostly ready...

Lets take a minute to appreciate our sponsors...

Dew spill? or not?

the scene of the crime
shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
looks like a success! good job! that jackstand on the cinderblock is hairy though. i've exploded a few of those trying to put weight on them. they're stronger the other way with a 2 x 8 on top of them.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
finishing up newer engine

Poly

Flexplate to new engine

New strut etc. on other side..

Cutting an access hole to the cradle bolt

ITS IN!

Gotta replace this too..

Dirty aftermath!

Packing up and heading out!

I got a bunch of misc. stuff to do before its driveable.. but now i have SOME sort of motivation!! (ok tons!)

and as far as accepting $.. id really rather not.. if you have the urge to send a needed part this way, im not gonna stop you.. im gonna update the build thread in a minute

All in all. MISSION COMPLETE!!! (as far as this thread is concerned)

THANKS BACK ON HOLIDAY!!!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by shawnkfl:

looks like a success! good job! that jackstand on the cinderblock is hairy though. i've exploded a few of those trying to put weight on them. they're stronger the other way with a 2 x 8 on top of them.

yea my auto teacher would kill me if me saw that... but there was no engine in it..

o and i forgot to mention, we did the whole engine swap (including a BUNCH of smaller misc tasks..) with 1.5 hours of sleep each, in under 10 hours. not too shabby!

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
How many people showed up to help out? Only looks like the one. If I was not in chicago I would have hooked up but post a list of what you need and if I have it I will send it. Back on Holiday a huge PLUS for you.

------------------
Fiero Thomas
85 Fiero GT
86 Fiero GT
88 Formula T-Top C+C # 1239 of 1252, Build Digit 26,224 of 26,402
NIFE Member
Fiero News dot net

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

How many people showed up to help out? Only looks like the one.

yea.. but we did A LOT we made good ime.
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Dirty aftermath!

You sirs, are two steely eye Fiero mechanics!

Oh, a little tip I heard when using cinder blocks is to wet them down with a garden hose. When they dry out, that's why they get brittle and can easily break. Supposedly they are much stronger if kept damp. And turn them so the holes are verticle and use a board or something between the block and the jackstand.

I wish I could give you both more than 1 + for the work you've put in. I'm surprised only one person showed up to help, though. From the chatter before the weekend, it sounded like you'd have 5-10 people there. Regardless, you had more than enough manpower to get the job done.

Get a list of parts required to get the car running and maybe a few people can help you out there, too.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 07-01-2007).]

OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroDirect Link to This Post
I truly wanted to be there to help out since I am always in the neighberhood, but I too am broke form not working in 10 months and the new job allows as much over time as I want so I am now able to play catch-up on bills, but I have to sacrifice something and that something is sleep most of the time. Keep in touch, now that I am almost caught up with bills, I should be able to help on the little things you have left sometime starting the third week of July.
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Cool am happy to have seen it fire up great job you 3 I couldn,d be there but you have a pm Bobadoofunk for a bit of $$ if not wanted I send it to holiday to send it to you ..Hope it help ...Rob
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
A couple other pics:

to answer a few questions, the crew consisted of Jerry, Zachary(my son) and Me.
we worked on 1.5 hours of sleep, I was awake from fri 6am to sat 5:30am woke up at 7am and went to bed sat/sun morning somewhere around midnight?
there was a few times that I had to sit and let Jerry work by himself, but even with a 300 mile trip each way it was an experience I will remember for the rest of my life, we helped Jerry out and had fun doing it.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
A + for you Back and your son too! I wish my son was interested in working on cars, but he isn't. I guess I'll have to hang out with my nephew and train him, but first we have to get him out of diapers. While most people talk about helping, it's nice to see somebody back it up!
CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday, If I ever see you and your son at a Fiero show (and I hope I do), or anywhere for that matter both your dinners are on me I know it's not about "repaying that favor" But you are a genuine good guy and it would be my honor.

Cory

------------------
88 GT built 3.2 5 speed
To be unveiled on July 24th 2008 at the 25th Anniversary show in Pontiac Michigan. Top secret until then. You won't miss it!

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
I dunno I eat alot! After starting up Black Betty, we cleaned up and my son and I treated Bobadoofunk to Outback Steakhouse to celebrate, he's seen how much I can eat
thismanyfieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
oooh outback..nice choice....let me guess a blooming onion, aussie fries and an order of coconut shrimp....mmm ,loves me some outback...tim
CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post

I dunno I eat alot! After starting up Black Betty, we cleaned up and my son and I treated Bobadoofunk to Outback Steakhouse to celebrate, he's seen how much I can eat

We can go somewhere with a buffet! lol

Jerry, any updates on the Carro?!
FormulaGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
Back On Holiday, You are the MAN! Got a + from me. Damn. Free motor and many hours of travel and help to install. People like you make this site such a great place. Thanks for helping out a member in such need. You ROCK!
PFF
System Bot
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
Fierostore was taking core's of v6 throttle bodys (40 each) and v6 distributors (35 each) that $75 could get you enough to get your emergency brake cables?

matthew
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

Fierostore was taking core's of v6 throttle bodys (40 each) and v6 distributors (35 each) that $75 could get you enough to get your emergency brake cables?

matthew

!! good call!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock