Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Indy-cator shiftknob - pretty cool if you ask me (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Indy-cator shiftknob - pretty cool if you ask me by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 04-28-2007 08:05 PM
Replies: 42
Last post by: CowsPatoot on 10-05-2007 04:52 PM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

actually... i really like the idea of the LCD gear indicator.. but just somewhere else.. how can i make this a reality?

http://www.dakotadigital.co.../mode=prod/prd60.htm
http://www.dakotadigital.co...duct_id=64/prd64.htm

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 10-04-2007).]

IP: Logged
Snappy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnappyClick Here to visit Snappy's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnappyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by urbanairpaint:

I know this sounds kinda stupid, but do you guys think this could be made to work with an automatic? I love the way it looks.

Not stupid at all, it's good to know even in an auto. We've had someone work it out for the Grand Prix with three versions for the 97-03, but I'm not sure if he's still selling it...anyway, BackInBlack knows a few things about electricity. ShiftVIEW - R/S is Grand Prix specific showing the gear on the dash readout, ShiftVIEW - II is a more generic LED display you mount yourself. not sure if it would work with a Fiero, maybe one using a 3800 PCM...His website.

[This message has been edited by Snappy (edited 10-04-2007).]

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2007 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
I agree, 1st and reverse are not so obvious in the 4 speed...at least on mine with a sloppy shifter.

Since my first Fiero was my first manual, I got so much in the habit of hitting second then going straight up to first that 15 years later I still do that on every manual I drive. Really, I see this shift knob as pure "bling". Would make a little more sense if it were displaying in the dash or HUD.

I too have thought about using the fighter jet stick for a shift knob...but I would have to do a lot of interior work to make it look right.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock