Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  v8 archie's purple pavement eater for sale (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
v8 archie's purple pavement eater for sale by fieroman22
Started on: 11-03-2006 06:53 PM
Replies: 41
Last post by: TK on 03-04-2007 01:36 AM
fieroman22

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Direct Link to This Post
not too sure who owns it now, but its on auto trader
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=210869292&dealer_id=58675345&car_year=1986&search_type=both&num_records=25&keywordsfyc=&make=PONT&transmission=&model=FIERO&distance=0&make2=&address=98682&advanced=&certified=&max_mileage=&max_price=&sort_type= priceDESC&min_price=&body_code=0&end_year=2007&keywordsrep=&color=&start_year=1981&drive=&engine=&fuel=&doors=&style_flag=1&cardist=28
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroman22:

not too sure who owns it now, but its on auto trader
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=210869292&dealer_id=58675345

Same link only shorter
fierobrian

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post
MAN WHAT A SWEET CAR ! i have loved that one from the first time i saw the gt tail light on the notch back
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobrian:

MAN WHAT A SWEET CAR ! i have loved that one from the first time i saw the gt tail light on the notch back

I think the PPE is/was a Fastback. The clip was tweeked.

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

true
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
If the PPE was actually an V8Archie install kit, it would have been in my garage when it was first for sale! I still have the 98 issue of Fiero Owner where the PPE is on the inside back cover when it was a fastback chop. That picture started my addiction!

------------------

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
That's gonna be a Very Hard sell for that kinda money. If I wanted to spend That, i'd take the fiero I already have to Archie for an LT-1 and new 6 speed, which would cost about the same [or wait until next year and buy a 2006 Solstice ]

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 11-04-2006).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

If I wanted to spend That, i'd take the fiero I already have to Archie for an LT-1 and new 6 speed, which would cost about the same

I'm not sure about that...It's almost always cheaper to buy someone else's project already completed than to build your own from scratch.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

That's gonna be a Very Hard sell for that kinda money. If I wanted to spend That, i'd take the fiero I already have to Archie for an LT-1
and new 6 speed, which would cost about the same [or wait until next year and buy a 2006 Solstice ]

You forgot the cost for a choptop (4k). I too was offered the PPE at or near the current asking price but, I live Kaleefornia...Arnold Republica.

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyDirect Link to This Post
and the brake upgrade.

i think that the asking price is pretty close to what archie was asking.

i much prefer the wheels archie had on it.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
I see what you're all saying, but I guess we'll all have to wait and see. The car that surprised me (for the low price) was the purple fiero convertible with the Northstar. Yeah curly, we "crazy-fornians" are paying our dues when it comes to cars (and a LOT of other things, now that I think about it ) ....
PFF
System Bot
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
It was but the original owner, Rich Warber who's no longer with us, changed it along with painting it the color it is now. It was originally black with silver ground effects. Rich helped pioneer the chop top and he also was principally responsible for the "Warber scoop" that many Fiero owners now enjoy on the hood of their cars. He and Archie worked together to make these things happen at Archies shop. Rich was an avid racer and active member of NIFE. A good guy i had the honor of meeting and talking to at several shows. NIFE honors him by naming the best of show award at fierorama after him.

Originally posted by madcurl:

Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
It's a nice car, too bad the pictures in that ad are so poor.

------------------
www.fierodomain.com
Your guide to the Online Fiero Community, always under construction

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I dug through my archive photos and found the black version. Rich Warber is in the white T shirt. This was from the Dells 1997.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I dug through my archive photos and found the black version. Rich Warber is in the white T shirt. This was from the Dells 1997.

Any more archive pics of the PPE?
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Has to be one of my all time favorite fiero's of all time
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to keep digging. Rich brought the car to the 98 FOCOA show, but I'll need to check out the non digital files.
fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Direct Link to This Post
ok from what i know its a 455 very fast and loud, not you average v8 swap, very clean even tranny. mostly crome engien bay, along with the chop and brakes he also has a suspension upgrade if i remember right. well this is the only pic i have i thought i had more, took this at sherwood car show in 2004?

fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Direct Link to This Post

fieroman22

592 posts
Member since Oct 2005
oh looks like it was the second done by archie, finished in 1998 though this thread says something about 1997. looks like rich warber was first owner?

lets see if this works https://images.fiero.nl/pffimages/MVC-108F.jpg
https://images.fiero.nl/pffimages/purple2.jpg
https://images.fiero.nl/pffimages/purple1_2.jpg
https://images.fiero.nl/pffimages/Ritch4.jpg
https://images.fiero.nl/pffimages/Ritch12.jpg

if no worky look here
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/044505.html
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

oh looks like it was the second done by archie, finished in 1998 though this thread says something about 1997. looks like rich warber was first owner?

2nd chop by archie?
IIRC, Rich Warber did the chop, and he did it before archie had done any chops. Later Rich assisted archie in completing the Great Blue Choptop.
fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Direct Link to This Post
i dont like the new wheels, the old ones really screamed EXOTIC!
but you gotta dig the wing tip mod, the fastnotch, and the hotrod decklid scoop that really stresses that the car is mid engine.
ive respectivly borrowed a handfull of Ideers to personalise for my new project.

------------------
Artero Rebody , 18"s, 91' 350 SBC / Muncie 4spd
85.5 Porsche 944 euro
71 Porsche 911 T Targa * will trade for Bell X1 *
82' Benz 300SD turbo . *for sale*
87' Fiero Cp. candy blue, Chrome 16"s, *will sale*

[This message has been edited by fierogt3800 (edited 11-05-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
No, it's a 350 SBC with TPI.

ok from what i know its a 455 very fast and loud, not you average v8 swap, very clean even tranny. mostly crome engien bay, along with the chop and brakes he also has a suspension upgrade if i remember right. well this is the only pic i have i thought i had more, took this at sherwood car show in 2004?

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
This will tell you about who's car the PPE is.

http://www.fierofocus.com/articles/Tributes%20To%20Rich%20Warber.htm

Archie
GymBrent

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GymBrentSend a Private Message to GymBrentDirect Link to This Post
That is one amazing car... An ‘interchangeable’ notchback/fastback option would be awesome. Any idea how it ended up in Oregon??
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2006 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

That's gonna be a Very Hard sell for that kinda money. If I wanted to spend That, i'd take the fiero I already have to Archie for an LT-1 and new 6 speed, which would cost about the same [or wait until next year and buy a 2006 Solstice ]

Agreed, why buy a car that you couldnt even drive. *cough* stock 4 speed muncie *cough*
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2006 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Gunsul:

No, it's a 350 SBC with TPI.

Actually it is a 355 SBC.

Here is the original listing when Archie sold it for the Warber Family:
http://www.v8archie.com/warberfs.htm
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Archies ad said the PPE had : 22,416 miles

Now it has 23,700 miles.

The original ad was around 1999 too I believe! Wonder if he used fuel stabilizer?
88GT5.0KILLER
From: Watching a once great nation become a 3rd world slum. The power of stockpiles of ammo.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2006 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT5.0KILLERSend a Private Message to 88GT5.0KILLERDirect Link to This Post

That's gonna be a Very Hard sell for that kinda money.

Yes it is.

That TPI isnt exactly going to have them breaking the door down either.
fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Direct Link to This Post
ok 355, that sounds right, i knew it had a 55 in it and not just 50. but why isnt it driveable? besides thats tranny has to be rebuilt or new, dont have any pics but when i saw it in person it was cleaner than new.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Not drivable?? Were did it say that?
GymBrent

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GymBrentSend a Private Message to GymBrentDirect Link to This Post
I drove drove from Seattle to Portland to take a look at the PPE. The owner, Dave, has taken great care of the car (he has not driven it much). He has added some suspension upgrades as well as Corvette brakes and leather seats. The car looks and sounds awesome!! I'm sure it would be a blast to drive...
PFF
System Bot
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GymBrent:

I drove drove from Seattle to Portland to take a look at the PPE. The owner, Dave, has taken great care of the car (he has not driven it much). He has added some suspension upgrades as well as Corvette brakes and leather seats. The car looks and sounds awesome!! I'm sure it would be a blast to drive...

Did you happen to get any pictures?

GymBrent

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GymBrentSend a Private Message to GymBrentDirect Link to This Post
I have a couple of pics at work however, I'm not sure how to post them. I will try to get them up in an hour or so when I get to work.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Any pics yet?
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
The PPE is back up for sale (again or relisted?)

http://www.autotrader.com/f...&color=&min_price=&d rive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=48193&advanced=&end_year=2007&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=1972

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 02-06-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Geezs, somebody needs to tell him to correct the engine type.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
18k?????

I would buy that in a hot second if someone was foolish enough to loan me the money!
DemonDriver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DemonDriver1Send a Private Message to DemonDriver1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GT5.0KILLER:

Yes it is.

That TPI isnt exactly going to have them breaking the door down either.

Ditto
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

2nd chop by archie?
IIRC, Rich Warber did the chop, and he did it before archie had done any chops. Later Rich assisted archie in completing the Great Blue Choptop.

Here is the chop top chronology...

Rich created the Puple Pavement Eater in it's fastback form to be the first known chop top. That would make him #1 on the homebrewed list.

Rich worked with Archie to build the great blue chop top as Archie Chop Top #1.

After Rich passed away, Archie along with volunteers from NIFE, helped to complete the PPE in it's current notchback form making it Archie Chop top #2.

Yeah who would want a TPI engine, we all know they are turds.... (I'm joking)

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Well it's pretty obvious that neither 5.0Killer or DemonDriver has driven a SBC V8 Fiero with a modified TPI.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock