Started on: 07-23-2006 08:50 PM
Replies: 33
Last post by: Dragon on 07-26-2006 10:11 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Five of us got together for a cruise today in Port Charlotte FL

Paul, Alex, Dave, Jessie, & Wayne

We spent the first part of the day tinkering with the cars, changing out a set of lights & buffed them out.

Now that's a rear engine Fiero !

We took a 90 mile cruise around some back roads with nice curves (at 80+mph at times ! )

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Along the way, we met up with some guys on motorcycles, we stopped to chat, they were surprised how our cars handled the road. There were about 8 bikes in all.

Later we stopped for some drinks, this old fire engine was behind a small bar.

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Its easy to work on thats for sure

Nice pic thx for sharring
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Later we stopped for some ice cream at a small shop.

Back on the road again.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

CoolBlue87GT

8407 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Here's some shots of the individual Fieros

Paul's

Wayne's

Alex's 88 GT

Dave's 88 Formula

Jessie's 85 SE (original paint)

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 07-24-2006).]

Ziptar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZiptarClick Here to visit Ziptar's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZiptarDirect Link to This Post
Wow... I didn't know there was so much Fiero interest so close to me. Nice looking bunch of Fieros too..

I am in Englewood. When I finally get a Fiero perhaps maybe I can tag along??

BTW: Is that the same Paul that has an 85 for sale? I have exchanged a few emails with him over the last couple of days but, I decided to stick it out, keep saving and get an 88.
Kevin

[This message has been edited by Ziptar (edited 07-23-2006).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Shooting the breeze after the cruise.

Ahhh, a good back rub.

Paul's dog enjoying some water !!

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 07-24-2006).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Here's some shots of are the individual Fieros

Alex's 88 GT

Dave's 88 Formula

Nice! you guys are all drving your "2nd" cars lol
I'd be happy to have one on the road right now. I'm almost there.

FieroGTRwideboby

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyDirect Link to This Post
I had a blast and am glad we went for the curves today. Its was a great cruise and I was totaly impressed with the way we all got in the groove and took some turns at high speeds. We pushed it, but we knew were the boundaries were. One thing Dave forgot was the dog. Paul had his golden retriever (?) with him, Devon the dog also came for the ride. I think my favorite time was with the bikes. These guys came out of no where and tailed us for a while. Although they hung with us through some straights, while doing 80+ , they just blew by us like we were still with the last 3 doing wheeles for atleast a 1/4 mile. One of them was hilariuos! "Damn, you guys ride pretty hard for being on four wheels!".lol What a great way to end the week!

Thanks again Paul, Dave, Wayne, and Jessie
Alex

(PS) Ziptar, I listed 2 of Pauls fieros in the Mall, so odds are he is the guy you've been speaking with. I think we have room for more riders.

My Daily Driver 1988GT

Custom Built Widebody 1987 GT

1985 GT
Picture Missing
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to get my Fiero back from the 3800sc conversion so I can join in on the fun with you guys.

------------------

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ziptar:

Wow... I didn't know there was so much Fiero interest so close to me. Nice looking bunch of Fieros too..

I am in Englewood. When I finally get a Fiero perhaps maybe I can tag along??

BTW: Is that the same Paul that has an 85 for sale? I have exchanged a few emails with him over the last couple of days but, I decided to stick it out, keep saving and get an 88.
Kevin

Yes, the same Paul. Alex posted two of Paul's cars in the mall. Get one now & enjoy it, then if an 88 comes up trade up.

Your more than welcome. We went through Charlotte & Desoto country, back through Arcaida

We have a few more friends in Cape Coral & Fort Myers & Naples that are welcome also.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 07-23-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

CoolBlue87GT

8407 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by JimmyS:

I can't wait to get my Fiero back from the 3800sc conversion so I can join in on the fun with you guys.

Hi JimmyS

Ha, with that 3800sc, you can / (will ) lead the pack !!

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 07-26-2006).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Hi JimmyS

Ha, with that 3800sc, you can / (will ) lead the pack !!

hehehe I don't care if I lead or follow I just wanna drive! Been without my car for 23 days now and i'm going completely bonkers! I look at the posts here every day and the more I look the more anxious I get.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 07-23-2006).]

wayman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waymanSend a Private Message to waymanDirect Link to This Post
Great Posts Dave... and thanks to the guys for there support of "Save The Fiero Car Club" any close people in the area that may want to do a Spirited tour ride just say Hi and we'll let you know of our next drive.we usualy stop at some interesting spot so its a bit spontious. Because i was a Bicycle racer and trained with world class riders we would use these back roads that are safe...funny now that i think of it we never saw a bicycle rider all day.... that will change when Gas is above $9.00 a gallon...ha.(not so funny...rite...?) Hey i still got the only Blue Formular in the Country...? (at least i don't tale this Fiero thing T O O Seriously....think how much fun my Dog enjoyed the ride...!) any Questions just ask and i'll check in and answer...
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyDirect Link to This Post
Hey Paul and Dave

Do you know if Jessie and Wayne are on the forum? They should join up if they aren't.
Thanks again, and Paul should we think about maybe 1st weekend of August as a cruise period?
Anyway as you know I am off to California on wed. I will snap some pics of Fieros, Ferraries, Lambos, etc anything I see in LA.

Hasta Luego,
Alex
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyDirect Link to This Post

FieroGTRwideboby

591 posts
Member since Jun 2004
Sorry for the double post but thought I should include this.

We almost doubled in numbers from the last cruise. :
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/059209.html

We kept it at a mild.....well you know how it goes, sometimes lead is hard to control.

Alex
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

Hey Paul and Dave

Do you know if Jessie and Wayne are on the forum? They should join up if they aren't.
Thanks again, and Paul should we think about maybe 1st weekend of August as a cruise period?
Anyway as you know I am off to California on wed. I will snap some pics of Fieros, Ferraries, Lambos, etc anything I see in LA.

Hasta Luego,
Alex

By the way Alex... I looked at your build thread for the Widebody. Awesome!!! I was supposed to be getting a 3.4 but it all got changed and I am now getting the 3800SC. He had originally told me I would get the car back by the end of this month but now that I am getting the 3800SC he says I am now looking at the middle of next month. I wish I could get it back before you leave to go back to Cali but probably wont happen. If you all decide to do another cruise before you go back and 1 of you have a empty passenger seat...can I ride along?
FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post

Sorry for the double post but thought I should include this.

We almost doubled in numbers from the last cruise. :
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/059209.html

We kept it at a mild.....well you know how it goes, sometimes lead is hard to control.

Alex

Wow! 100mph and the engine is that cool? lol I'm also amazed how you are doing this with the door open hahaha

Looks like a good time guys, keep it up

------------------
I have a Fiero.. Weeeee

Ziptar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZiptarClick Here to visit Ziptar's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZiptarDirect Link to This Post

Get one now & enjoy it, then if an 88 comes up trade up.

I suppose I could but, I have a drivetrain swap in mind, would only like to do that once.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Hey Paul and Dave

Do you know if Jessie and Wayne are on the forum?
Alex

Not sure. Hope they can post the photo's they took. I just noticed I'm not in any of the shots !
dudewithoutfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroDirect Link to This Post
hey guys next one let me know, i am in bonita, but would love to go along might not be able to keep up since mine is only a 4 cyl, but i'd try

------------------
got one 85 dukie, auto, yellow and best of all only $500. soon to be a 2.8

PFF
System Bot
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyDirect Link to This Post
JimmyS

I am sure we can find you a seat, after all we had plenty of room with the dog. lol
I hope we can go again before I leave because I feel it would put me in the optimum
mindset for car design school. hehe

Alex
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
HI, well Paul I missed it again I know these spur of the moment things happen. Looks like you all had a really nice day. Keep me posted on the next run and I will make it up that way. Love those FL back roads.
Have a Nice Day
Gary
P.S. Nice pic's Dave. ( as usual)
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Nice! you guys are all drving your "2nd" cars lol
I'd be happy to have one on the road right now. I'm almost there.

I'm driving my 2nd & 3rd car !!

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 07-25-2006).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

CoolBlue87GT

8407 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by dudewithoutfiero:

hey guys next one let me know, i am in bonita, but would love to go along might not be able to keep up since mine is only a 4 cyl, but i'd try

Sure you can keep up, the lead blue car was a 4 cyl 5 speed.
wayman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waymanSend a Private Message to waymanDirect Link to This Post
Sports cars Mean handeling... heck a camaro would blow by a fiero in the stright-a-ways and keep going (stright) in a 15 MPH corner...ha. This is a " FIERO thing" lets put it this way ;the Cafe motor cycle racers did all they could do to just stay with us in the curves they wouldnt even think of attempting to pass in a curve they were just about laying it down as i looked in my mirror...ha. Plus i run 65 series tires not 60s..so i havd to use my emanigation.! ;o) its called calculated-skill.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GKDINC:
..... Keep me posted on the next run and I will make it up that way. Love those FL back roads.
Have a Nice Day
Gary
P.S. Nice pic's Dave. ( as usual)

Hi Gary,

I was going to call you, couldn't find your number. I'll email you next time I hear about a run.

Here's you & your car from an earlier get together.

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
It looks like you guys had a great time down there. The phoos are great.

Anyone headed to Georgia in Sept or down to the Keys in Oct?

------------------
Frank

1986 GT - & - 1987 5 Speed Lowered with 3800 s/cSigniture By Reality

1988 GT - T-Top
87 Coupe - Tilt Front End in Progress

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:

I am going to the keys in Oct. Already reserved my room.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:

Hi Frank !! Oh we did !! Was wondering if you noticed I was driving the Formula !

Looking forward to the keys run, trying to get the time off from work.

------------------

More photos, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/278279

PRFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PRFieroSend a Private Message to PRFieroDirect Link to This Post
Are you guys planning on coming anywhere close to Miami? When is the drive to the keys? Thanks
PFF
System Bot
wayman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waymanSend a Private Message to waymanDirect Link to This Post
pr fiero where in miami do you live.....?
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PRFiero:

Are you guys planning on coming anywhere close to Miami? When is the drive to the keys? Thanks

The details are on this site http://www.spacecoastfieros.com/calendar/index.html

I live in Naples and I usually take 41 over to the Indian Casino then head south till I get to 1 then just run down to Marathon. Some of the guys and girls come down through Miami but the Indian Casino is as close as I get. I will be heading down that fri. late in the afternoon. Any of you west coasters that want to run together can hit me up with a PM and we can organize it.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 07-26-2006).]

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
Some of us slip down I-95 to North Palm Beach and pick up the turnpike.

At Homestead we catch the Overseas Highway and head into the keys

Frank

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock